What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
In terms of Lemar media talk is Monnaco will only sell him this window for arounnd 90 million Euros.

I sometimes wonder whther Liverpool shjould be looking at a new kepper, and a new striker to go with m,idfield reinforcements. I think a quality striker might be needed as we need someone who can create their own shot when our "plan a" attack does not work. One who is more robust than Sturridge, buit can fit in with Klopp's formation. I don't have any candidates, but is my thinking on this askew?
We don't need a striker, Salah is already up to 17 league goals. He's also proven that he can create something out of nothing. Firmino could also reach 20 goals this season.

Definitely need a new goalkeeper though if Klopp isn't going to trust Karius as Migs' successor. Alisson has been our biggest link.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I agree I don't think we NEED a striker but if we could land Aubemayang who has been linked to a move to China, than that would be a great signing imo.

He would suit our formation and style of play perfectly... Already the Klopp connection there so I don't think it would too crazy of an idea... if he is just chasing mega bucks he will end up in China, but if he still wants a challenge and to play in the best league in the world we would be a great option for him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Aubamayeng apparently doesn't get on with Klopp and has caused nothing but problems at BVB. A lot of $$$ for an apparent problem child imo.

We need creativity and playmaking in the midfield imo. Keita will help but another to partner him would be ideal. No idea who we go for that attainable. Lemar seems to be quite versatile which suits Klopp. Klopp wants him so hopefully we push for him and beat Arsenal to the signing.

saint.nick

Coach
Aubamayeng apparently doesn't get on with Klopp and has caused nothing but problems at BVB. A lot of $$$ for an apparent problem child imo.

We need creativity and playmaking in the midfield imo. Keita will help but another to partner him would be ideal. No idea who we go for that attainable. Lemar seems to be quite versatile which suits Klopp. Klopp wants him so hopefully we push for him and beat Arsenal to the signing.
I think he would be attainable this window but only of course if we are prepared to forget about our plans to buy a small island nation. Ed001 isn't very optimistic.

saint.nick

Coach
I agree I don't think we NEED a striker but if we could land Aubemayang who has been linked to a move to China, than that would be a great signing imo.

He would suit our formation and style of play perfectly... Already the Klopp connection there so I don't think it would too crazy of an idea... if he is just chasing mega bucks he will end up in China, but if he still wants a challenge and to play in the best league in the world we would be a great option for him.
Like Jack said, he's a problem child.

Any great striker would improve the team but there are a few positions that require far more urgent attention

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Do t rate Butland that high to be honest but anyone is an upgrade on migs.

Macca has posted and alluded to LFC getting in contact with Atletico and Griezmann. Says it will be a tough ask to get him but at least we are trying to get a top top class player.

Can't see it happening myself, but stranger things have happened.

saint.nick

Coach
Do t rate Butland that high to be honest but anyone is an upgrade on migs.

Macca has posted and alluded to LFC getting in contact with Atletico and Griezmann. Says it will be a tough ask to get him but at least we are trying to get a top top class player.

Can't see it happening myself, but stranger things have happened.
This is such a f**king weird one...why would Liverpool waste their time with this unless they were confident of having a good chance?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
This is such a f**king weird one...why would Liverpool waste their time with this unless they were confident of having a good chance?
Yeah it's strange, just hope they don't waste time on it and don't give themselves a chance to possibly get someone else. Griezmann is quality but our front line isn't exactly lacking. A deeper midfielder or GK would be my preference to come in. GK more likely for the summer if LR eds are to be believed.

Few so called ITK's on twitter are clamig Naby will come in in the next few days. That will really help out midfield out.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah it's strange, just hope they don't waste time on it and don't give themselves a chance to possibly get someone else. Griezmann is quality but our front line isn't exactly lacking. A deeper midfielder or GK would be my preference to come in. GK more likely for the summer if LR eds are to be believed.

Few so called ITK's on twitter are clamig Naby will come in in the next few days. That will really help out midfield out.
Well if it is Griezmann then maybe Klopp sees him the same way he sees Lemar. But if that's the case then wouldn't you be curtailing Griezmann's ability to score lots of goals? Yeah, a weird one, but it's only weird to us fans because we aren't privy to how klopp plans these things and they're usually bang on and prove everybody wrong.

cb4

First Grade
You want to know how good Emre Can is? 4-1 up and him holding and commanding the midfield.
Comes off and we nearly bottle it.

He closes down the midfield. We need to keep him.

saint.nick

Coach
You want to know how good Emre Can is? 4-1 up and him holding and commanding the midfield.
Comes off and we nearly bottle it.

He closes down the midfield. We need to keep him.
Yeah we fell apart without him on the pitch, City strolled through and created chances at will.

But f**k, what a game. Game of the season? Absolutely. And I don't think it will be surpassed. I really admire City too, they persevere and persevere and their sheer quality will make you pay if you f**k up.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
They came back due to Milner replacing can. Just sucked the momentum out of us as all Milner did was charge out of position. My issue with can is he can play like that and look very very good and then be annonymous the next 2 games.

It's a shame he's going to Juve cos he Keita and Ox could be a pretty decent midfield.

So glad I stayed up for that one. Just an amazing match. Both sides just went at it and didn't relent. I thought Ox was our best even without his goal. He was absolutely fantastic.

thorson1987

Coach
They came back due to Milner replacing can. Just sucked the momentum out of us as all Milner did was charge out of position. My issue with can is he can play like that and look very very good and then be annonymous the next 2 games.

It's a shame he's going to Juve cos he Keita and Ox could be a pretty decent midfield.

So glad I stayed up for that one. Just an amazing match. Both sides just went at it and didn't relent. I thought Ox was our best even without his goal. He was absolutely fantastic.

Apparently Can was pretty sick and that's why Klopp replaced him.

cb4

First Grade

Have to pray we can keep Emre and get Goretzka.
A roation of those 2 plus Naby and Ox....
Would mean the end of average players like Lallana, Hendo, Milner, and to a degree, Gini.

saint.nick

Coach
Have to pray we can keep Emre and get Goretzka.
A roation of those 2 plus Naby and Ox....
Would mean the end of average players like Lallana, Hendo, Milner, and to a degree, Gini.
I've already conceded defeat to bayern re goretzka