What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
My logic? My logic is that elite schools get to choose they have chosen not to play league and to play AFL instead, where’s my logic failing?

You cannot see the inequity!? That's your failing. I would not have you in the trenches if it meant saving rugby league! I have a pro rugby league stance and have noted disparity and unfair treatment/regard for this marvelous football code. You justify the unfairness toward the code. You are not a true fan of rugby league.

Pommy

Coach
You cannot see the inequity!? That's your failing. I would not have you in the trenches if it meant saving rugby league! I have a pro rugby league stance and have noted disparity and unfair treatment/regard for this marvelous football code. You justify the unfairness toward the code. You are not a true fan of rugby league.

There is the same inequality as there is with American football,handball, baseball any other of a 1000 sports that aren’t played in schools.

Oh no some loser on the Internet said I’m not a true fan, I may as well go end myself.

Stallion

First Grade
There is the same inequality as there is with American football,handball, baseball any other of a 1000 sports that aren’t played in schools.

Oh no some loser on the Internet said I’m not a true fan, I may as well go end myself.

No loss to rugby league!

Stallion

First Grade
Nahh I think I will just keep myself firmly in reality thanks.

Lol. Sadly I am depicting reality and the treatment of rugby league is quite deliberate. It's not by chance. The big picture is that RU is using a strategy of containment of RL through establishment based measures like rugby league not being recognised as a sport., not having presence in elite private schools and subsequently an anti rugby league sentiment flows on to the big end of town as most influential jobs are filled by private school educated people with no affection for rugby league. It starts from the elite education system. In many countries its the whole or majority of the school system as seen in France,NZ , South Africa etc. It's logical and its happening. Well planned and fundamentally followed by these very well educated biggots running the big end of town and government.

Pommy

Coach
Lol ‘bigot’. You’re about 98p short of a quid. Get yourself checked out.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I think it can occur I just don’t think it makes someone a bigot.
I also don’t think RL is owed anything over any other sport. Union and league are in direct competition, why would they actively try to help?

Stallion

First Grade
I think it can occur I just don’t think it makes someone a bigot.
I also don’t think RL is owed anything over any other sport. Union and league are in direct competition, why would they actively try to help?

From a neutral point of view we differ. For instance rugby league does not go about banning, barring, and alerting the government to whether rugby union should be a recognised sport. Their is a one way street in this scenario. I believe in live and let live. Rugby league happened to create a much improved and more entertaining code of rugby. RU has decided to stifle this more deserving code by various means. RL is not doing the same to RU. That's the difference. It's unfair and its unsportsmanlike.

Pommy

Coach
From a neutral point of view we differ. For instance rugby league does not go about banning, barring, and alerting the government to whether rugby union should be a recognised sport. Their is a one way street in this scenario. I believe in live and let live. Rugby league happened to create a much improved and more entertaining code of rugby. RU has decided to stifle this more deserving code by various means. RL is not doing the same to RU. That's the difference. It's unfair and its unsportsmanlike.

That maybe so but it’s not bigotry, neither do union have to play by your rules.
League has been hampered by its own people as much as it has union but you bleat on day and night about private schools.

Stallion

First Grade
That maybe so but it’s not bigotry, neither do union have to play by your rules.
League has been hampered by its own people as much as it has union but you bleat on day and night about private schools.

That "maybe so" is "definitely so*. And I am not the only one to describe this treatment of rugby league as bigotry. It's the source of the disdain for rugby league. RL has devised a better code and these union dudes with their high powered influence and establishment based measures are doing their utmost to deny Rugby league natural growth. Meaning uninhibited just as RU has enjoyed despite being a crap version of rugby.

Pommy

Coach
That "maybe so" is "definitely so*. And I am not the only one to describe this treatment of rugby league as bigotry. It's the source of the disdain for rugby league. RL has devised a better code and these union dudes with their high powered influence and establishment based measures are doing their utmost to deny Rugby league natural growth. Meaning uninhibited just as RU has enjoyed despite being a crap version of rugby.

It’s not uninhibited though. We didn’t play union at school.
Don’t worry if I ever hear anyone else seriously call it bigotry i will call them out on it also.

Stallion

First Grade
It’s not uninhibited though. We didn’t play union at school.
Don’t worry if I ever hear anyone else seriously call it bigotry i will call them out on it also.

I'm not worried. In the inner depths of the rugby unions confines I think you will see it as bigotry. To your credit you have acknowledged that this sort of thing is possible. I believe its unfair and deceitful. A neutral person hearing of this would think the same. I've voiced my observation to people whom have a passing interest in all sports and they are visibly stunned by this infornation but can see how this can happen. Some of these people are fellow teachers.

Pommy

Coach
I'm not worried. In the inner depths of the rugby unions confines I think you will see it as bigotry. To your credit you have acknowledged that this sort of thing is possible. I believe its unfair and deceitful. A neutral person hearing of this would think the same. I've voiced my observation to people whom have a passing interest in all sports and they are visibly stunned by this infornation but can see how this can happen. Some of these people are fellow teachers.

What do you teach, colouring in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts