What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Obviously Evans will be in the top 17 somewhere, but if Trex forces his way in, I say our pack is big enough. That would give us two bigger bodies plus what we already had. That's a decent pack with a good blend of size / skill / playing styles.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I dont see Gower getting much Game time at all. I see Niakuore,Stone and T rex leap frogging him in the pecking order.

The bonus of Gower is he can play edge or middle plus has the ability to run or ball play a bit.

Stone I think can also play both but is inexperienced and as pou mentioned T-Rex may move to the middle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Obviously Evans will be in the top 17 somewhere, but if Trex forces his way in, I say our pack is big enough. That would give us two bigger bodies plus what we already had. That's a decent pack with a good blend of size / skill / playing styles.
At risk of prompting a hundred team lists, here's a decent pack:

8. Evans
9. King/Pritchard
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown
14. Pritchard/Smith
15. Edwards
16. Alvaro
17. Williams

Waiting for an opportunity:

Scott
Matagi
Terepo
Vave
Gower
King/Smith
Niukore
Stone
Mahoney

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
At risk of prompting a hundred team lists, here's a decent pack:

8. Evans
9. King/Pritchard
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown
14. Pritchard/Smith
15. Edwards
16. Alvaro
17. Williams

Waiting for an opportunity:

Scott
Matagi
Terepo
Vave
Gower
King/Smith
Niukore
Stone
Mahoney

Yeah pretty much how I would go but Scott taking the 14 spot. No way I can see him playing NSW cup.

Also Taka may need a spot on the bench, maybe taking t-Rex's spot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say with Takairangi on the bench that leaves Will Smith out. I dunno if he can play dummy half but we can probably find someone (Edwards? Brown?) to cover minutes if the 9 needs a rest. Although both Brown and Edwards are key attacking forwards in our structure, and sticking either at dummy half diminishes our attack. I guess if Edwards goes to dummy half Moeroa can move back out to the edge.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I cant see anyway Scott wont be in the 17 if fit and thats the way it should be. He maybe better suited to the bench these days but regardless he'd be the first forward I'd pick.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Niukore also is a fairly big body. I'd like to see him crack first grade, I think he'd stay there if he does.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is Taka really worth a bench spot ahead of Kenny and our middle forwards???

And if he can’t play dummy half i’d say he isn’t much of a utility.

lingard

Coach
I am a HUGE fan of David Gower. A blue collar type player EVERY CLUB needs in their ranks.
Won't win you many games, but won't lose you many either. Does the 1% ers efficiently.
I expect Tony Williams to be the 'surprise packet' of the season....and 'buy' of the year....
Nah. Hayne will be buy of the year.

lingard

Coach
I'd say with Takairangi on the bench that leaves Will Smith out. I dunno if he can play dummy half but we can probably find someone (Edwards? Brown?) to cover minutes if the 9 needs a rest. Although both Brown and Edwards are key attacking forwards in our structure, and sticking either at dummy half diminishes our attack. I guess if Edwards goes to dummy half Moeroa can move back out to the edge.

I think youve just argued Taka out of the team. And I agree. You need a decent dummy half for the whole 80 minutes. To me that means K. Pritchard or Smith as the 14.

Tooooks

Bench
Apologies in advance if it’s already been mentioned, but has anyone else heard the Trent Merrin rumour (about wanting out of Penrith and possibly signing with Parra)? And if so, does it have any legs?