What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Rabbits20

Immortal
This slam is absolutely ripe for someone to get their maiden slam.....in both mens and ladies.

Federer is the fav....but I can see Goffin and Dimitrov make a big charge here.

It is NEVER been so open for the ladies. Not a first timer but Kerber is making all the right moves this month.
Dimitrov will go very deep I predict....

Kyrgios could have a potential 3rd round against Tsonga and if he got through that it is Dimitrov in the 4th...

Rabbits20

Immortal
He wont die wondering, the maturity that De Minaur is showing in his game is refreshing to watch and with no carrying on or antics.
He won't get cheap errors off Berdych in the first round in a couple of days.....

If he can pinch a set off him he's done well....

I think he's feeling fatigued after what I saw last night....

Won't be easy for him tonight....

It wouldn't shock me if he crashes into the top 40-50 by end of year if he's stays fit....

Wizardman

First Grade
De Minuar is a very impressive young man in many ways. He needs to rest up as Berdych will be a huge challenge.
The "Blue Wall" thing is a bit annoying as it hasn't done the Blues many favours over the last ten years or so. Just a minor flaw in his character :)

Jokes aside, I hope he has a massive year.

Valheru

Coach
I don't think de minaur can go 5 sets at this stage of his career. From what i have seen in the last 2 weeks he can barely go 3, it seems if he doesn't win in 2 he gets gassed and loses. That will all improve with time though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't think de minaur can go 5 sets at this stage of his career. From what i have seen in the last 2 weeks he can barely go 3, it seems if he doesn't win in 2 he gets gassed and loses. That will all improve with time though.
What an effort last night though...

I can't see him beating Berdych....

I just watched the end of the Tomic match and geez he's lost so much fitness.....

Defeated 6-1, 6-7, 6-4 by 217th player in world...

horrie hastings

First Grade
I just watched the end of the Tomic match and geez he's lost so much fitness.....

Defeated 6-1, 6-7, 6-4 by 217th player in world...

It was a strange score line that Tomic won by yesterday also.
He seems totally disinterested in tennis now and is not prepared to do the hard yards so I just wish he would p*ss off instead of bragging at press conferences about all he has to do is count his millions.

Timbo

Staff member
He's just such an amazing douchecanoe of a person.

I really wish he'd f**k off. If he's so rich and has piles of money then why is he bothering with the qualifiers?

It'll be f**king hilarious when he's completely broke ten years from now and starts raining about his poor treatment.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It was a strange score line that Tomic won by yesterday also.
He seems totally disinterested in tennis now and is not prepared to do the hard yards so I just wish he would p*ss off instead of bragging at press conferences about all he has to do is count his millions.
His body language was just so shocking today....

Was arrogant again in saying that he's rich and bye bye to media.....

He's won just over 5mil as well not the 13-14 he claims....

It'd be funny if he burns it and he's struggling when he's late 30's....

Rabbits20

Immortal

I really wish he'd f**k off. If he's so rich and has piles of money then why is he bothering with the qualifiers?

It'll be f**king hilarious when he's completely broke ten years from now and starts raining about his poor treatment.
If he made the first round anyway at the Aussie Open he'd have disgraced himself in one of the worst performances we'd have seen and then say f**k you all I've just won 100,000 or some shit like that...

LatK7

First Grade
It's all getting underway soon. Can't believe it's been a year already.

In the mens, there's a huge opportunity for a new slam winner, particularly in the top half of the draw. Djokovic, Nadal, Stan all coming back from injury. It'll be an interesting one.

If Fed's body holds up he's always a chance. Tricky draw though...

Wizardman

First Grade

I honestly think the above scenario is a very real possibility. It is quite clear that the guy has no real motivation to improve. This year will be very crucial for Tomic. He will no longer be given wildcards and handouts and his fitness/motivation is disgraceful. If he does not have a drastic change in attitude this year, I think it will be too late for him.
Qualifying for tennis tournaments is certaintly no cakewalk. With his present ranking, the only way he can get into big tournaments is to qualify....qualify against very motivated players. Big year for Tomic's career....and he is starting very poorly.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I honestly think the above scenario is a very real possibility. It is quite clear that the guy has no real motivation to improve. This year will be very crucial for Tomic. He will no longer be given wildcards and handouts and his fitness/motivation is disgraceful. If he does not have a drastic change in attitude this year, I think it will be too late for him.
Qualifying for tennis tournaments is certaintly no cakewalk. With his present ranking, the only way he can get into big tournaments is to qualify....qualify against very motivated players. Big year for Tomic's career....and he is starting very poorly.
I believe Kyrgios, Kokkinakis and De Minaur plus Millman will all push one another hard which is great.......

Big match mate for Kokkinakis not sure if it's tomorrow or Tuesday but he's up against the guy who won the Syd International the other night in Daniil Medvedev.....

Kokkinakis will have to be at his best and dig deep but I think he can get it done....

horrie hastings

First Grade
Anyway Stosur will be out first round losing to the Olympic champion Puig.....

Unlike Tomic though at least we will know at least Stosur at will put in the effort, Sam Stosur has won a grand slam singles title and also was a finalist in another grand slam singles, I doubt whether Tomic will ever come close to achieving that.

horrie hastings

First Grade
What an effort last night though...

I can't see him beating Berdych....

It was such an effort last night, and even when he was down and almost out he didn't throw in the towel, it was refreshing to see , also kudos to Ash Barty, even though she was soundly beaten she was positive , respectful and upbeat in her runners up speech and press conference, we have got two good ones here in Alex and Ash.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It was such an effort last night, and even when he was down and almost out he didn't throw in the towel, it was refreshing to see , also kudos to Ash Barty, even though she was soundly beaten she was positive , respectful and upbeat in her runners up speech and press conference, we have got two good ones here in Alex and Ash.
As I said earlier as well I want Thannasi to do well and have a good couple of injury free seasons...

isaiah

Bench
Unlike Tomic though at least we will know at least Stosur at will put in the effort, Sam Stosur has won a grand slam singles title and also was a finalist in another grand slam singles, I doubt whether Tomic will ever come close to achieving that.
Tomic reminds me of the a league coach who coached Brisbane roar and Gold Coast who said that his teams may win or lose but he still drove a merc