What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Interesting Statistic

rabbitohs95

Bench
Just going through a browse of Zero Tackle, I know it isn't the most reliable page and I'll take it at face value.

It seems like we have three of the youngest players in the NRL.

Including youngest, Campbell Graham, we also have Adam Doueihi and Cameron Murray, which surprised me.

We also have one of the eldest in Farah, but he's ninth on the list so meh.

But as an overall stat, the average age of our squad of 40 is 23.8, or 24 rounded up.

Is it a stat we should be worried about? Excited about? Not even bothered with?

What do you guys think? It's an interesting topic to yammer on about before the season starts.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Would love to keep a young squad together and develop them into a team that could win multiple premierships like our 1967 through to 1971 era.
But unfortunately the salary cap and TPA's have killed any hope of that ever happening again,we have a lot of young future stars in our squad at the moment,keeping them together for an extended period won't happen!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Would love to keep a young squad together and develop them into a team that could win multiple premierships like our 1967 through to 1971 era.
But unfortunately the salary cap and TPA's have killed any hope of that ever happening again,we have a lot of young future stars in our squad at the moment,keeping them together for an extended period won't happen!
Couldn't have put it better...

De tmTrajic

Juniors
Just going through a browse of Zero Tackle, I know it isn't the most reliable page and I'll take it at face value.

It seems like we have three of the youngest players in the NRL.

Including youngest, Campbell Graham, we also have Adam Doueihi and Cameron Murray, which surprised me.

We also have one of the eldest in Farah, but he's ninth on the list so meh.

But as an overall stat, the average age of our squad of 40 is 23.8, or 24 rounded up.

Is it a stat we should be worried about? Excited about? Not even bothered with?

What do you guys think? It's an interesting topic to yammer on about before the season starts.
The young bloke are our hope.A good thing.

callmack1

Staff member
Interesting to note that according to zero tackle, Campbell Graham is the current youngest first grader.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It is an interesting statistic but it doesn’t bode well for our premiership chances this year. Generally the older teams are the ones who win premierships in the past like the cowboys, sharks etc. However I don’t think Souths were planning to win a premiership next year or the year after I think they’re aiming for around 2022. If we can keep this core group of young guys together, I like our chances. It could be better than our 2014 premiership team.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
It is an interesting statistic but it doesn’t bode well for our premiership chances this year. Generally the older teams are the ones who win premierships in the past like the cowboys, sharks etc. However I don’t think Souths were planning to win a premiership next year or the year after I think they’re aiming for around 2022. If we can keep this core group of young guys together, I like our chances. It could be better than our 2014 premiership team.
Unfortunately by 2022 I can guarantee you half of them would of been picked up by the highest bidder,impossible to keep them together under the cap,unless of course your the Rorters!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Unfortunately by 2022 I can guarantee you half of them would of been picked up by the highest bidder,impossible to keep them together under the cap,unless of course your the Rorters!

If Richo manages to lose anymore juniors then he should get the sack. We should be locking them up now before they hit the open market. I commend them for not paying overs for Crichton but there is no excuse to let our other players test the market.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If Richo manages to lose anymore juniors then he should get the sack. We should be locking them up now before they hit the open market. I commend them for not paying overs for Crichton but there is no excuse to let our other players test the market.
It's easy to sit back and say sign them before they hit the market, but the players still have to agree to it.

Why would guys want to do that when they could get more money by being on the open market?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's easy to sit back and say sign them before they hit the market, but the players still have to agree to it.

Why would guys want to do that when they could get more money by being on the open market?

Yeah of course. I’m trying to say that we should give them a reasonable offer before they hit the market. Souths have been known to be silly with their offers in the past. Nathan Brown apparently laughed at the offer we gave him because it was so small.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Yeah of course. I’m trying to say that we should give them a reasonable offer before they hit the market. Souths have been known to be silly with their offers in the past. Nathan Brown apparently laughed at the offer we gave him because it was so small.
I think the Brown contract was because of salary cap restrictions, but fair point.

I just don't think we can blame the club for not signing guys before they hit the open market when hitting the open market is in their best interests financially

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think the Brown contract was because of salary cap restrictions, but fair point.

I just don't think we can blame the club for not signing guys before they hit the open market when hitting the open market is in their best interests financially

True. I just want to see Souths at least give them decent offers though. The whole Angus situation was handled correctly by the club in my opinion. So I guess we’re on the right track. I would just be shattered if we lost Murray or even Fuimaono.

Rabbits20

Immortal
True. I just want to see Souths at least give them decent offers though. The whole Angus situation was handled correctly by the club in my opinion. So I guess we’re on the right track. I would just be shattered if we lost Murray or even Fuimaono.
I'm confident in keeping Murray....

But as each day passes by it concerns me about keeping Fui.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
As the longer time goes the more likely another club will try chase Fui.....

Do you trust our management????

Been a bit of a shambles since end of 2014....

To be fair though there’s a few good players coming off contract this year. I think if they can secure Murray then they can definitely secure Fuimaono though.

Latest posts