What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashes!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well what performances from Khawaja plus the Marsh'

Also too Smith for his 687 runs this series at an average of 137.4......

England crumbling but credit to Root for fighting and it seems he's dislocated a finger too....... he's playing on though.....

Pommy

Coach
Root is in hospital with severe dehydration. Yesterday was f**king insanity I don’t know how any professional sport can allow that play to continue in those conditions.
Even with two tours of Afghanistan and working a job here in Australia as a driller I have never experienced heat like yesterday. The combination of heat and humidity was just bonkers.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Root is in hospital with severe dehydration. Yesterday was f**king insanity I don’t know how any professional sport can allow that play to continue in those conditions.
Even with two tours of Afghanistan and working a job here in Australia as a driller I have never experienced heat like yesterday. The combination of heat and humidity was just bonkers.
Tbh, I'm surprised just one player needed medical treatment like that. Australian team was lucky they managed to preserve their bowlers from that heat.

doyen

Bench

And all this time through the series I thought the POMS had "turned to water."

Root had gastro enteritis he said & it wasn't heat exhaustion!!

Pommy

Coach
And all this time through the series I thought the POMS had "turned to water."

Root had gastro enteritis he said & it wasn't heat exhaustion!!

Yeah seen that just now. Either way that was crazy yesterday. I have felt like shit since I got back and I’m normally very good in the heat.

doyen

Bench
Yeah seen that just now. Either way that was crazy yesterday. I have felt like shit since I got back and I’m normally very good in the heat.

Not ideal conditions,that's for certain but in Aust.,as a cricketer,you have to tolerate the weather that comes your way.
I'm not a fan of the "night" tests but with this heat it will probably now become the norm!

Pommy

Coach
Not ideal conditions,that's for certain but in Aust.,as a cricketer,you have to tolerate the weather that comes your way.
I'm not a fan of the "night" tests but with this heat it will probably now become the norm!

Yes no maybe. It seems things are getting hotter every year there has to be a limit to what people can endure. We already stop play for bad weather perhaps with climate change it’s going to happen at the opposite end of the weather spectrum.
This isn’t me complaining as an england fan, this as it turns out non incident would have changed nothing anyway.

Pommy

Coach
I think the Ashes series would have been closer with Stokes playing---he is a match-winner!!
As it was, I think the 4 nil result was flattering for Aust!!!

I’m not sure he would have made that much difference we were very average, I totally agree that we flattered Australia though. Besides cry baby Smith you guys weren’t great.

Travitoh

First Grade
I’m not sure he would have made that much difference we were very average, I totally agree that we flattered Australia though. Besides cry baby Smith you guys weren’t great.

I'd agree somewhat with this and was thinking only earlier today that the side wasn't good enough to be mentioned alongside other 5-0 sides.
Smith, SMarsh and the bowlers are the only players with any real credentials from the series.
Without meaning to be rude, the 4-0 scoreline was more to do with the English than the Aussies.

Travitoh

First Grade
I think the Ashes series would have been closer with Stokes playing---he is a match-winner!!
As it was, I think the 4 nil result was flattering for Aust!!!

I'm not so sure he would'v been enough to get the English a win in the series. In fact, if he was available one of Overton or Malan miss who were two of the brighter lights for England.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I'd agree somewhat with this and was thinking only earlier today that the side wasn't good enough to be mentioned alongside other 5-0 sides.
Smith, SMarsh and the bowlers are the only players with any real credentials from the series.
Without meaning to be rude, the 4-0 scoreline was more to do with the English than the Aussies.

It’s not being rude at all we were awful. while I don’t begrudge sports fans getting excited over giving big rivals a hiding, there was no real achievement in it. A top side would have beat us 5-0 with zero issues.

Latest posts