What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the North Queensland Cowboys finish in 2018?

Where will the North Queensland Cowboys finish in 2018?

• 1st to 4th

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • 5th to 8th

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 9th to 12th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13th to 16th

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daza06

Juniors
Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Kane Linnett
5. Gideon Gela-Mosby
6. Michael Morgan
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Scott Bolton
9. Jake Granville
10. Matthew Scott
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Ethan Lowe
13. Jason Taumalolo

Jordan McLean
John Asiata
Te Maire Martin
Coen Hess

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
our absolutely awesome run with injuries to get the 2015 title eventually turned face on us last year. Not just big ones in scott and jt bt finishing a few game with 1 or noone on the bench with injured blokes staying on the field really stuffed us this season.

TheFrog

Coach
Imagine, if you will, that the Dragons had won in the final round against the Dogs. The Cows would have come 9th. Which to my mind makes their current ranking as 2nd favourites behind the Roosters ridiculous.

I don't know where this side will end up. If they can repeat last year's exceptional completion rates they'll go well.

jim_57

Staff member
Imagine, if you will, that the Dragons had won in the final round against the Dogs. The Cows would have come 9th. Which to my mind makes their current ranking as 2nd favourites behind the Roosters ridiculous.

I don't know where this side will end up. If they can repeat last year's exceptional completion rates they'll go well.

Imagine, if you will, adding Thurston, Scott & McLean to a side that made the grand final in 2017. Only reason why you'd find being 2nd favorite ridiculous is because they should probably be 1st.

Pre season favoritism means shit anyway but Cowboys are definetely up there on paper.

TheFrog

Coach
Imagine, if you will, adding Thurston, Scott & McLean to a side that made the grand final in 2017. Only reason why you'd find being 2nd favorite ridiculous is because they should probably be 1st.

Pre season favoritism means shit anyway but Cowboys are definetely up there on paper.
You are dropping players who took the side to a Grand Final to fit other players in on reputation. Anyway, good luck to them, but I would not put my house on them at the current odds.

jim_57

Staff member
You are dropping players who took the side to a Grand Final to fit other players in on reputation. Anyway, good luck to them, but I would not put my house on them at the current odds.

The 3 players mentioned would walk in to any side in the world, hardly a case of having to earn their way back in.

FWIW I have reservations too, it will depend how Thurston & Scott bounce back and injuries of course.

beave

Coach
Half the FG squad were proper busted by the end of the year and had to play due to a lot of 2nd tier players already being out of action already so they had to push through severely injured. Everyone forgets this fact because they get hung up on JT and Scotty being out for a long time.

Feldt did his groin, he couldn’t even do the kickoffs in the GF due to the injury hence why Morgo was doing them.

Lowe had a fractured cheekbone going into the GF

Asiata broken hand after the last regular season game I think?

Granville and Cooper had major issues with hammys from memory?

TeMaire Martin played through a severe knee injury that would have sidelined him 4-5 weeks normally but he played through

Hess did his knee in that Parra semi

Bolton had a sternum injury and needed needling to take the field in the last few weeks

Then you throw in during the regular season-

Coote spent time away with a
Knee

Winters out for a few weeks

Linnet out for a few weeks, same with O’neill

Throw in Kaufusi, Spina gone for the entire season fairly early on and Hannamt retiring in the off season and then throw in Fensom snapping his leg in the GF.......

Now I know that every team has injury issues and very rarely will a team win a GF with their full strength side but 2017 was the worst I have ever seen it for NQ after 22 years of being an obsessed idiot for my club. Even
Compared to the dark days of the late 90’s/early 2k’s, last season was insane how many players were out at some stages. The difference is our players are in a good system and well coached these days and they actually played their asses off when they were losing. The old days they just mailed it in every f**king week.

It was a miracle we made the 8 let alone the GF but other than the 2015, I have never been more proud to say I’m a NQ fan.

Shorty

Staff member
I get anxiety when everyone rates us.
I think that it will depend on Thurston and Morgan gelling.
I have no doubt our forwards will be machines again and that Jordan will fit right in.

Our backline at times last year let us down so it's all up to them, we need some speed too.
I am hoping top 4 and with all of the attention being on the Roosters/Broncos hopefully we can slip under the radar and get back to the GF.

Pig Hunter

Juniors
You guys will be very very hard to beat without injuries. I'd say minor premiership coming your way with a fit squad.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
In the years we have been top 4 and a chance at the mp we have also had those 2 or 3 wtf losses to bottom eight teams that come from nowhere where just nothing clicks or goes right and sets us back to 4th or worse after being in contention. Never seemed to shake it

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I reckon you'll finish 3rd on the table but I also think you'll win the comp. Good luck to you.

Obviously I'll be cheering on the Tigers but being it is Thurston's last year I'd be more than happy for you guys to win the comp. I love watching Thurston, well three games a year (SOO) I don't but he really has been a champion and made the Cowboys such a force I'd love him to go out with another ring.

I reckon politics will be the next thing on Thurston's agenda!!!!

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
JT needs 121 points to overtake johns on the all time leaderboard as well to shut a few more people up since “he will never be as good until he captains his team to a premiership” Couldn’t be used anymore

Latest posts