What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

JJ

Immortal
Very sad about Delores - Zombie was such a powerful song, and her voice was a special one

Like Cornell and Bennington, young kids etc - so sad, so much to offer, so much to live for and so troubled...

Also sad to see above that Chuck from FnM had passed, that one wasn't so public

horrie hastings

First Grade
Turned on rage this morning and they were featuring The Cranberries, I had forgotten how many songs they had, very sad about Delores, she had such a distinct voice and presence.

flippikat

Bench
Mark E Smith died today. Big loss for the world of indie & alternative music, amazingly unique singing voice, and one hell of a cranky genius.

He was the only constant member of The Fall.. but all those years of smoking, drinking & drugs have caught up with him.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Mark E Smith died today. Big loss for the world of indie & alternative music, amazingly unique singing voice, and one hell of a cranky genius.

He was the only constant member of The Fall.. but all those years of smoking, drinking & drugs have caught up with him.

Not much older than me.

Totally Wired was one hell of a song that brought my attention to The Fall in what seems a million years ago.

"You don't have to be weird to be wired".

RIP.

flippikat

Bench
Not much older than me.

Totally Wired was one hell of a song that brought my attention to The Fall in what seems a million years ago.

"You don't have to be weird to be wired".

RIP.

I was just thinking about what would happen if they had a memorial concert. If every ex band-member came to play, the band may be as big as the audience!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I was just thinking about what would happen if they had a memorial concert. If every ex band-member came to play, the band may be as big as the audience!
Yeah I read yesterday that The Fall had no fewer than 66 members during its lifetime.

Also Mark E. Smith had a tendency to marry his female band members.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just flicked on the tv and Written On The Wind was on so just checked the cast list to see who was still alive and I noticed Dorothy Malone who won an academy award for the movie died two weeks ago aged 93.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Dennis Edwards from the legendary Motown group the Temptations passed away a day before his 75th birthday, Papa Was A Rolling Stone was one of his more notable tracks in his time with the band.

horrie hastings

First Grade
John Mahoney who played Frasier’s father Martin Crane in the sitcom Frasier has passed away aged 77. He also appeared in Hot In Cleveland and also in the movie Moonstruck opposite Cher and Nicolas Cage.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Actor John Gavin who starred in Pyscho, Spartacus and Thoroughly Modern Millie has passed away aged 86. He was one of those very handsome Hollywood stars who could also act. Will have to watch Millie and Pyscho again, haven’t watched those movies for a very long time.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Emma Chambers who played the whacky but loveable Alice Tinker in The Vicar of Dibley passed away from a heart attack aged 53.

Brutus

Referee

Saw the Fall when they played in Sydney a few years ago. The only song I recognised was Marquee Cha Cha, as most of the set list was newer stuff, but a great gig all the same.

Have a look at you tube and Mr Smith was being wheeled out on stage with a puffed up cancer face right to the very end.

He basically gigged until he could gig no more.

This Nation's Saving Grace and Hex Enduction Hour are my favourite Fall albums.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
He had a few songs in 2013 when he exploded mainstream, the pressure of it took too much of a toll, became an alcoholic and looks to of been the end of him now.

Latest posts