What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs Hull

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I would love to see you go down and tell James Graham that he needs to be kept in cotton wool, that trials mean nothing and it doesn't matter if you win or lose. LOL you would need to book an ambulance for yourself.

I think James is too much of a gentlemen to harm anyone off the field but once he passes that white line look out.

giboz71

First Grade
Seriously the storm reserve grade side no Smith ,Slater and a stack of others so I guess you can't take much notice .........trials theres trials and there is trials ......

Exactly.

And more often than not there is a lot more to be gained from trials than simply winning the game.

So the whole notion that we should win trial games at all costs is silly.

ouryear

Juniors
Exactly.

And more often than not there is a lot more to be gained from trials than simply winning the game.

So the whole notion that we should win trial games at all costs is silly.
It's against Hull, not just a local trial clash. I can't agree this is just any old trial.

This is must win!

Other games can just be trials.....or is the world club challenge for the Storm also just a trial.

giboz71

First Grade
It's against Hull, not just a local trial clash. I can't agree this is just any old trial.

This is must win!

Other games can just be trials.....or is the world club challenge for the Storm also just a trial.

It would be nice to win the game.

But if we play our top line up for the first 40 mins and give the new spine a chance to get some game time as well as a chance for Graham to blow out some cobwebs, that should be the goal.

Then I wouldn’t be against replacing most of the starting line up with our back ups so the likes of Lomax, Herbert, Field, Lawrie, Allgood etc get a go.

If our top side plays well in the first half, gets a lead but we eventually lose the game while playing our back ups, it’s not the end of the world.

ouryear

Juniors
It would be nice to win the game.

But if we play our top line up for the first 40 mins and give the new spine a chance to get some game time as well as a chance for Graham to blow out some cobwebs, that should be the goal.

Then I wouldn’t be against replacing most of the starting line up with our back ups so the likes of Lomax, Herbert, Field, Lawrie, Allgood etc get a go.

If our top side plays well in the first half, gets a lead but we eventually lose the game while playing our back ups, it’s not the end of the world.
That scenario might be digestible, but I really want to win this one, I am happy to try any of the 2 of the young guns you mention, we should still win while giving 2 of the kids a go in the 2nd half.

The next 2 trials will be perfect to give the whole lot a go, but vs Hull, no way do we want poms to go back thinking they are all NRL standard by beating us.

I hope we keep the first team on all game, with say 2 young guns... ...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Anyone know when team/squad list will be announced? Tuesday like it is in the NRL season?

Yes TRVR they're supposed to list the squad on team list Tuesday.
I will he curious to see who will play centre in place of Aitken for this trial (given Aitken has only just started contact training). Will it be Mann starting and Lomax coming on after half time? Will Nighty and Nene swap sides and will Nene play given his patella injury? Opening the door for Lomax, Herbert and Garrick to share some wing time.
The squad will be very interesting thats for sure and fant wait for the meltdown if certain players play in certain positions. Fun times.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I will he curious to see who will play centre in place of Aitken for this trial (given Aitken has only just started contact training). Will it be Mann starting and Lomax coming on after half time? Will Nighty and Nene swap sides and will Nene play given his patella injury? Opening the door for Lomax, Herbert and Garrick to share some wing time.
The squad will be very interesting thats for sure and fant wait for the meltdown if certain players play in certain positions. Fun times.

They will name a larger squad for this game

ouryear

Juniors
As long as Benji, McCrone, Mitch Rein and Dugan aren't named

Dragon Revival

Juniors
All players need to be on deck as the team has to get into the habit of winning. We probably only have three matchwinners being Hunt, Vaughan and Widdop. The rest of of the team
apart from Frizell have been pretty ordinary. Hopefully things will change as all we have is the power game where the team runs out of steam after 30 minutes when the big gun forwards go off and the powder puffs come on.

mickeylane

Bench
Predicted 1st Half run on team
1. Dufty
2. Nightingale
3. MANN
4. Lafai
5. Lomax

6. Field
7. Nicholls

8. Graham
9. Mciness
10. Vaughan
11. Host
12. SIMMS
13. JDB

14. Frizell
15. AhMau
16. Sele
17. Luciano
18. Allgood
19. Herbert

possm

Coach
1. Dufty
2. Nightingale
3. MANN
4. Lafai
5. Lomax

6. Field
7. Nicholls

8. Graham
9. Mciness
10. Vaughan
11. Host
12. SIMMS
13. JDB

14. Frizell
15. AhMau
16. Sele
17. Luciano
18. Allgood
19. Herbert
I think Hunt and Widdop should be in the first half run-on side.

Old Timer

Coach
1. Dufty
2. Nightingale
3. MANN
4. Lafai
5. Lomax

6. Field
7. Nicholls

8. Graham
9. Mciness
10. Vaughan
11. Host
12. SIMMS
13. JDB

14. Frizell
15. AhMau
16. Sele
17. Luciano
18. Allgood
19. Herbert
Is this what you want or what you believe Mc Fookknuckle will pick?
Either which way it's pretty ridiculous and if it was to eventuate you may as well put your cue in the rack for 2018 because with this type of philosophy we are going absolutely nowhere.

Crush

Coach
1. Dufty
2. Nightingale
3. MANN
4. Lafai
5. Lomax

6. Field
7. Nicholls

8. Graham
9. Mciness
10. Vaughan
11. Host
12. SIMMS
13. JDB

14. Frizell
15. AhMau
16. Sele
17. Luciano
18. Allgood
19. Herbert
That team is so random!
You don't think they will want to give their halves who have never played together a bit of a run?

Latest posts