What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Trivia

TheParraboy

Staff member
Steve Smith hasn't got a ton against Zimbabwe.

I'll go him.

It is Steve Smith
It was Bangladesh the nation HE HAS PLAYED TESTS AGAINST, that he has no ton nor hit a 6
He has never played against the Zimbots, question was against nations he has played against

in any case you are correct even though the logic behind it was wrong

Congrats

TheParraboy

Staff member
Who am I

I have represented my country in all 3 formats (mostly in ODI) hitting only one century across all formats.
I wasn't born in that country
According to cricinfo I have played for 14 major teams (including one BBL side)
I have over 16,000 first class runs
I haven't turned 40yo yet
I am not Australian or South African, nor was I born in Australia or South Africa

TheParraboy

Staff member
Correct ANTiLAG

I thought I may have to throw in some further clues but you got it

Played for the Hurricanes, was born in Pakistan, played for the poms

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Well done anti brain, excellent use of google.

Thanks. Getting the right search string is a difficult task at times, though. Especially when statsguru on cricinfo doesn't provide a full list of First Class run scorers (not that I could find anyway). But between foreign imports in BBL and migrant international cricketers, I thought I would get there. Although no props to the person who decided to make a 10 minute video on youtube of static images montaging and cheesy computer graphical text overlay of 40 migrant international cricketers. Life's too short to for that, add the list in the comments already.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yup that's what I would have done

process of elimination.

Well technically it is finding a reasonably small sample (narrowing the search) pool first and then eliminating ;)

With your question it was about finding the smallest sample or set to then eliminate members of. Else its eliminating straws of a haystack trying to find the needle. Look at the group with 1 international century between all forms, it is massive and good luck cross referencing that with if they've played BBL let alone played top top level for a different nation to birth or 16k first class runs. Narrowing the search to the smaller reasonably searchable subsets is the skill, not the process of elimination. I got there with foreign BBL imports. Not 16k first class runs or nation of birth.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
yeah thats what I meant

the bbl was the best option to find that small sample, the other options were eliminated first ;)
but of course once Shah was found, the other clues had to match

ANTiLAG

First Grade
yeah thats what I meant

the bbl was the best option to find that small sample, the other options were eliminated first ;)
but of course once Shah was found, the other clues had to match

Only once you have all the samples to find which is the smaller and comprehensive so as to eliminate from, which BBL imports wasn't for me on my search - he just happened to play for a team that had a list published accurately. Had he played for example the Renegades or not published at all, I'd possibly still be searching. Even then, we're both relying on cricinfo being accurate with its info.

You're good value Parra, hit us with your next stumper.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thanks. Getting the right search string is a difficult task at times, though. Especially when statsguru on cricinfo doesn't provide a full list of First Class run scorers (not that I could find anyway). But between foreign imports in BBL and migrant international cricketers, I thought I would get there. Although no props to the person who decided to make a 10 minute video on youtube of static images montaging and cheesy computer graphical text overlay of 40 migrant international cricketers. Life's too short to for that, add the list in the comments already.
Yep life is too short,.........

TheParraboy

Staff member
Right, time for a juicy one

I have a feat which in itself is not a record, it has been achieved over 80 times in test cricket since 1908. (one was achieved in 2018 so far, one in 2017, an no one did in 2016)

However, I am the only one that has achieved this feat uniquely that no one else has been able to do.

Who am I and what was unique about my feat compared to the others?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Right, time for a juicy one

I have a feat which in itself is not a record, it has been achieved over 80 times in test cricket since 1908. (one was achieved in 2018 so far, one in 2017, an no one did in 2016)

However, I am the only one that has achieved this feat uniquely that no one else has been able to do.

Who am I and what was unique about my feat compared to the others?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Stab in the dark here but,

Wasim Akram, test centuries by batsmen numbers 8 and below,

He is the only one to pass 250 (hit a lot of 6's too).

Latest posts