What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Wasn't a fun year for me except for the odd game. We had no plan B and got bounced out in straight sets. That was the high water mark of Elliott's tenure and it wasn't very good.

Exactly. When the kick didn't work as a team we were stuffed. Yet to read some posts anyone would think as a club we were in the grandfinal match.

Bounced out in straight sets. Yep but what a wonderful game plan and year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Exactly. When the kick didn't work as a team we were stuffed. Yet to read some posts anyone would think as a club we were in the grandfinal match.

Bounced out in straight sets. Yep but what a wonderful game plan and year.
The highs were great. The lows were shit. Same as any year.

We were knocked out in the second week of finals under Elliott. Same with Hook. Sucks equally.

We were one game from a grand final with Cleary though. Injuries cost us.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The highs were great. The lows were shit. Same as any year.

We were knocked out in the second week of finals under Elliott. Same with Hook. Sucks equally.

We were one game from a grand final with Cleary though. Injuries cost us.

In 2010 the club didn't win a finals game. Not the same as Hook. Talk about re-writing history to suit your own agenda of life.

OldPanther

Coach
Wow nothing like playing the person not the ball eh ?

If you think I have #griffintintedglasses............I have a bridge you might be interested in. Your comprehension skills need work. I think I've oft used the phrase 'AVERAGE" when describing griffin.

It had nothing to do with who you are and everything to do with the content of your comment. Nice deflection.

You have complained to no end about negativity yet some positive comments are made and you try and mock those down too. Clearly negativity isn't the issue but where it is directed.

mxlegend99

Referee
In 2010 the club didn't win a finals game. Not the same as Hook. Talk about re-writing history to suit your own agenda of life.
I never said we did. Did I? I said we got eliminated week 2 of finals.

We were no closer to a grand final win. Deadset. Week 1 means shit after week 2.

Edit
Is getting eliminated in week 3 different depending how you make it?
Win one and lose one
Lose one. Win one.lose one.
Finish bottom 8. Win two. Lose one.

As far as im concerned if youre gone week 2 the path their is irrelevant. Likewise week 3.

The distance is the same. Losing week 3 hurt more actually. That year a grand final seemed realistic considering we played the Bulldogs. We should have beaten them.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Wasn't a fun year for me except for the odd game. We had no plan B and got bounced out in straight sets. That was the high water mark of Elliott's tenure and it wasn't very good.

But but we made top 4... It is why Prelim Final is the aim for me this year. Top 4 means nothing if you get bounced out in the second week

Fangs

Coach
But but we made top 4... It is why Prelim Final is the aim for me this year. Top 4 means nothing if you get bounced out in the second week

All I can say is that year I was never confident we were a shot at the premiership. Just like 2017.

Even when we looked good we weren't going to threaten top teams and it showed in the finals.

We should be aiming to win the premiership, and you can win it from 8th on the ladder.

franklin2323

Immortal
All I can say is that year I was never confident we were a shot at the premiership. Just like 2017.

Even when we looked good we weren't going to threaten top teams and it showed in the finals.

We should be aiming to win the premiership, and you can win it from 8th on the ladder.

Same here. We seemed to just get the wins but never looked a threat

Cows last year showed even with travel you can make it. It is why a PF should be the minimum aim for this year.

Would be nice to get the week off before it but just getting there is a step up

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends how. If we go out week 2 looking like a well coached team with attacking structures and defence better than under 6s I'd be happy.

Isn't the issue we didn't seem to get better from 2016-17. Week 2 for a 3rd year in a row would be a fail by that reasoning wouldn't it?

OldPanther

Coach
Isn't the issue we didn't seem to get better from 2016-17. Week 2 for a 3rd year in a row would be a fail by that reasoning wouldn't it?

Yes and no. With Maloney I'd say my statement is probably off because his issues aside he's come to us as a success maker. My biggest problem this year was our style of play seemed so bad. Big difference between making finals comfortably and being a good team compared to just making it and looking rubbish.

betcats

Referee

It would be a fail for sure unless there are extenuating circumstances. The results are important(obviously) but what we really need to see is massive improvement in how we play. Last we were terrible to watch with the ball in good field position, our structure and lack of a kicking game complete removed our wingers and centres from the game and turned them into extra forwards doing all the grunt work. Defensively there was some improvement in our effort over the course of 2017 but we were one of the worst defensive teams after focusing on it all off season(Hooks words). I also want to see this muppet coach settle on a top 17 before origin, if you are taking half a season to figure out who the centres and halves pairings should be you aren't up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.