What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2018

Parra

Referee
Slight evolutions on existing designs as expected. Mclaren with Renault and Toro Rosso with Honda will be interesting. Bring on Albert Park.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k the RB car liveries in testing look awesome. Pity they ruin them and make them all boring copies of previous years for races

That black and white graffiti one from a year or so ago looked brilliant.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm curious why the halo has to be so thick in front of the driver?

Surely a much thinner rod of iron/titanium would be less intrusive on their vision while still serving the same purpose

Life's Good

Coach
f**k the RB car liveries in testing look awesome. Pity they ruin them and make them all boring copies of previous years for races

That black and white graffiti one from a year or so ago looked brilliant.
That was a great livery. The main reason they did that was to disguise their aero as much as possible.
I’m hoping McLaren goes full orange in homage to their early years when Bruce McLaren owned/ran the team.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach

Surely a much thinner rod of iron/titanium would be less intrusive on their vision while still serving the same purpose
I think you’ll find it’s all linked to the strict crash test requirements(sorry if I’m stating the obvious). I’m sure I read somewhere the Halo needed to withstand 2 tonne of force.

T-Boon

Coach

I could live with an FA18 type canopy look or like an x-wing from star wars. The halo looks horrible and like you say also surely creates a black spot right in front.

Dogs Of War

Coach
F12018.....meh

To be honest. I think there will be some exciting racing this year. So many changes. If Renault and Ferrari can get just a bit closer to Mercedes in the power stakes, and with so many teams using those engines, it could potentially be some very interesting races up front.