What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ata hingano released?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Have seen a rumour he is headed our way but that could just be someone adding 2 and 2 together and coming up with that

I also doubt it because I've been told that Manly and Todd Carney have agreed to a deal but have to wait to see if the NRL will let him back

There was talk of him heading to Canberra late last year so maybe that deal has been sealed after the Hodgson injury

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Fair enough if you want to leave the club for a shot at a first grade spot, but don't come out in the papers a few days before and blow smoke up the fans backsides saying you want to stay and want to learn off Blake Green.

I respect the fact that RTS was honest and upfront about his contract negotiations

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He's a good kid, but he's not better than SJ or Green. At 20 years old you can either wait it out or take an opportunity elsewhere and hope it ends up differently.

Good luck to him.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
He's a good kid, but he's not better than SJ or Green. At 20 years old you can either wait it out or take an opportunity elsewhere and hope it ends up differently.

Good luck to him.
If the rumours are true and he is going to the raiders, then isn't he back in the same position? Instead of being stuck behind Sj and Green, he will be stuck behind Austin, Sezer and Williams..

Also our halves depth looks pretty thin now too, it's just Lino and...?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It was mentioned somewhere by someone (sounds reliable donit?) that we were looking to free up a top 30 spot for Perham after the Nanai fiasco.

Ata had a high ceiling but at present is nothing special.

Santo can also play 6 if need be and has first grade experience.

If all else fails, this is Kearney we're talking about - Tohu Harris come on doooowwwwnn.

WellsNZ

Juniors
If the rumours are true and he is going to the raiders, then isn't he back in the same position? Instead of being stuck behind Sj and Green, he will be stuck behind Austin, Sezer and Williams..

Also our halves depth looks pretty thin now too, it's just Lino and...?

Sezer and Austin are off contract at the end of the year, Austin might find himself playing some 9 with Hodgson gone. Williams is a journeyman.

Much clearer pathway for him there than behind SJ and Green on a new three year deal.

Rich102

Staff member
I don't think there is any doubt over Green's ability to perform.
My concern will be over SJ's ability to stay injury free for the season; while still attempting a bit of contact.

JJ

Immortal
Short-sighted imo - Green's fine, but you'd hope Hingano had a bigger upside.

Will watch how he goes at Canberra with interest - they haven't themselves been any good at turning talented young halves into good first grade halves

Iafeta

Referee
Good talent. Hope he goes well. With hindsight though, I think the Green call is the right one. Ata has kind of hung in there without exploding to what I thought he'd be. So to me it's a precocious still finding himself talent v a well regarded journeyman. And I don't think in this case journeyman is a bad connotation, he's become better as his career has developed. He seems to be one of the few who went to U.K. and came back significantly better.

Interestingly, Blake was the precocious talent as a young bloke. I remember my mate flying the Blake Green flag at full mast back in the day. Then again, he did tell me Shaun Wessels, Nick Youngquest and Don Tweedle would be rep stars so what does he know.