What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Dragons v Broncos at Kogarah

ALSGI

Bench
Only 5 sleeps peeps, can hardly wait.

All the conjecture about our 17(18) will come to a screaming halt on Tuesday arvo.

For me, I think we will win regardless of the selections but I’d like to see Mann, Lomax and Host in the 17 not Aitken, Nighty and Luciano.

Most factors seem in our favour, home ground, inside clues from Hunt with the Donkeys/Bennett machine and Widdop and Graham have some clues as to Bennett’s thinking from he World Cup. Surely Bennett won’t do the opposite, reverse the curse and get one over Hunt/Widdop/Graham and Mary? Bennett’s surely not that good?

Our halves and forwards look great on paper, stronger than theirs.

Our 1-5 are ...... rocks and diamonds. Rocks and Opals maybe?

They have a few injury concerns.

Refs should be swayed by our Kogarah crowd.

Lot’s of pressure on Hunt.

We win I say, bring it on.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
That may well explain a lot about you.

Ice addiction isn’t something I find even remotely funny, or relevant to the thread.

1gtrnp4qoV3zmcvNOH0hp9x2VplJdIbh_zFgdhDPL0JqqysqPnJrMla37q4uxDotiUMlcJN_AMTWX7fL1sYJdKGFKCKz64ad-x_fFRKcF-UOPr8Rz4tTw8VpL4XiaULHUPrTVmQ5X8SVX0ti81y8irs=w300-h224-nc

Life's Good

Coach
Energy & urgency. Good bench selection/rotation. We have a team that can win.
Alas, we’re up against a coach who is a gun & we are turning up with a coach who is a nail file.
I’m just hoping this Matt Lodge sideshow isn’t the catalyst to a bashing.
Go Dragons.

Crush

Coach
He who initiates the calling of names is also the one who loses the argument..

However if you feel the need to apply labels, Village Idiot is the official title..
How can a "staff member" be a troll?
This is a thread about football round one and you are trolling and posting rubbish.
Mate your sense of humour is fun at times but pull your head in from time to time.
I agree with ALSGI that ice addiction isn't something to joke about and you have no idea how or who's families it may have affected.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
How can a "staff member" be a troll?
This is a thread about football round one and you are trolling and posting rubbish.
Mate your sense of humour is fun at times but pull your head in from time to time.
I agree with ALSGI that ice addiction isn't something to joke about and you have no idea how or who's families it may have affected.
I admire your crush on me, crush, but it’s starting to get a little weird..

Crush

Coach
Tough one to call first game of the season vs a quality team.
I was confident before the trials but we didn't look great in the CS.
Let's hope it resembles round 1 last year!

Old Timer

Coach
Tough one to call first game of the season vs a quality team.
I was confident before the trials but we didn't look great in the CS.
Let's hope it resembles round 1 last year!
We're not playing Penrith so it will look nothing like the 1st round last year.
This year we are up against a truly professional outfit who don't believe in hype (remember Penrith were the favourites for the title in 17 and no doubt they got caught up in that BS).
The Bronco's will also be motivated as many predict them to finish out of the 8 and TBH that does us no favours at all.
If we cock up anything they will capitalise on it immediately so how far have we progressed from the 2 trials, who knows, but I suggest the team selected on Tuesday will give a pretty good indication and I for one am extremely nervous.

Crush

Coach
We're not playing Penrith so it will look nothing like the 1st round last year.
This year we are up against a truly professional outfit who don't believe in hype (remember Penrith were the favourites for the title in 17 and no doubt they got caught up in that BS).
The Bronco's will also be motivated as many predict them to finish out of the 8 and TBH that does us no favours at all.
If we c**k up anything they will capitalise on it immediately so how far have we progressed from the 2 trials, who knows, but I suggest the team selected on Tuesday will give a pretty good indication and I for one am extremely nervous.
OT I will save you the wait until Tuesday and name the team for you.
1. DUFTY
2. MACDONALD
3. AITKEN
4. LAFAI
5. NIGHTINGALE
6. WIDDOP
7. HUNT
8. GRAHAM
9. MCINNES
10. VAUGHAN
11. FRIZELL
12. LEILUA
13. JDB
14. AU MAU
15. SIMS
16. LATIMORE
17. MANN
Thats it. Mary doesn't change. Thats his team.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
I have never been confident playing the brokeback horses, but think our little halfback might have a point to prove. Hope Matt lodge doesn't do ice, because he was a powerhouse as drunk as a skunk in New York. See the footage? Ice would certainly get him going like a bucking bronco...I'll get the door.

Old Timer

Coach
OT I will save you the wait until Tuesday and name the team for you.
1. DUFTY
2. MACDONALD
3. AITKEN
4. LAFAI
5. NIGHTINGALE
6. WIDDOP
7. HUNT
8. GRAHAM
9. MCINNES
10. VAUGHAN
11. FRIZELL
12. LEILUA
13. JDB
14. AU MAU
15. SIMS
16. LATIMORE
17. MANN
Thats it. Mary doesn't change. Thats his team.
So here is an interesting point for sone to consider when they think I am negative
I actually hold out some small hope that maybe he will change a couple of things
If not then I’ll be making several voodoo dolls and buying particularly large needles.

ouryear

Juniors
So here is an interesting point for sone to consider when they think I am negative
I actually hold out some small hope that maybe he will change a couple of things
If not then I’ll be making several voodoo dolls and buying particularly large needles.
Old timer, Aldi have dolls, I would grab one today.

ALSGI

Bench
Just had a look at the Donkeys forum.
Nothing to see there really, main comments of mild interest to us is Hunt “will overplay his hand”, “isn’t a halfback” etc.

They’re not as cocky about this game as they usually are.

I think the pressure on Hunt, which he seems to be welcoming, is a good thing for the rest of our squad, especially if a miracle occurs and Mann and Lomax play.

Also, wouldn’t mind seeing JDB put a few hits on Lodge.