What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW to Roosters

Cogburn

Juniors
I don't think that proves what you think it does.

The St George club still exists.

The Illawarra club still exits.

They have formed a joint venture which holds a license to enter a team in the NRL.
The St George rugby league team doesn't exist. It also shows that your claim of 15 extra premierships for St George-Illawarra is rubbish.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
The St George rugby league team doesn't exist. It also shows that your claim of 15 extra premierships for St George-Illawarra is rubbish.
No one in here gives a shit what you think.
We believe what we believe and neither you nor anyone else is going to change that.
You are just a wanker trying to dissolve the great club we support instead of understanding we took over an underwhelming performing club and made sure its supporters had something instead of nothing.
Your club just rapes and pillages other clubs with no regard or concern for anything else.
So like I have said to many others "go f**k yourself" and worry about your own clubs legacy instead of being so terribly envious of ours.

Cogburn

Juniors
No one in here gives a shit what you think.
We believe what we believe and neither you nor anyone else is going to change that.
You are just a wanker trying to dissolve the great club we support instead of understanding we took over an underwhelming performing club and made sure its supporters had something instead of nothing.
Your club just rapes and pillages other clubs with no regard or concern for anything else.
So like I have said to many others "go f**k yourself" and worry about your own clubs legacy instead of being so terribly envious of ours.
Were you one of the Saints supporters I saw at the 75 GF who were crying like babies? There were hundreds of them that I saw.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
88628-Troll-Spray.png

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
ignore our feathered friend, gentlemen..

he'll disappear pretty quickly when you do..

Old Timer

Coach
Were you one of the Saints supporters I saw at the 75 GF who were crying like babies? There were hundreds of them that I saw.
Is that really the best you can offer.
For the record I was there on the hill and indeed was very saddened to see how it panned out.
Whilst you were pulling your pud with excitement the great Arthur Beetson saw fit to console and rally behind a true champion a sign of humility he obviously learnt somewhere other than at your club.
By the way where were you and your lot from 55 to 66 in the foetal position no doubt.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Completely different situation back then. I've seen footage of the Saints sides and RL in general and the footy was ordinary, bash and barge rubbish. RL today is a thousand times better. Easts are a well managed club and to call them cheats is disgraceful. I'll tell you right now, the Roosters will never cheat the cap.

You still won't win 11 in row....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Geez this Rorters troll can say you guys won 15 premierships and that stopped after 98.

But the funny thing is the Rorters are on 13 which is still below that. I'm not sure what he's boasting about.........

The latte sipping wanka's trying to buy a comp hasn't really worked.......

What's going over there now is just ridonculous!!!!!!!

I'll be cheering on any team that plays em this year.......

Poor bloke is probs so lonely with a very quiet forum they have so he needs to seek attention.....

SaintPauli

Juniors
Geez this Rorters troll can say you guys won 15 premierships and that stopped after 98.

But the funny thing is the Rorters are on 13 which is still below that. I'm not sure what he's boasting about.........

The latte sipping wanka's trying to buy a comp hasn't really worked.......

What's going over there now is just ridonculous!!!!!!!

I'll be cheering on any team that plays em this year.......

Poor bloke is probs so lonely with a very quiet forum they have so he needs to seek attention.....
And there is the real issue out there my fellow dragons supporters that all other clubs supporters and media commentators who have no affiliation with the dragons are more than happy to say that the dragons have no history pre 1999. I'll say it again for the record I am content with our merger BUT it has eradicated all St George Dragons history! And Illawarra history. That's insane. I hope the club is hearing and seeing this forum and goes about setting the record straight?
Particularly with the media and the historical records. The club needs to confront the NRL and resolve this matter which we are all passionately supporting.. E.g. St George Illawarra have won 16 comps etc.

Frank Facer

First Grade
And there is the real issue out there my fellow dragons supporters that all other clubs supporters and media commentators who have no affiliation with the dragons are more than happy to say that the dragons have no history pre 1999. I'll say it again for the record I am content with our merger BUT it has eradicated all St George Dragons history! And Illawarra history. That's insane. I hope the club is hearing and seeing this forum and goes about setting the record straight?
Particularly with the media and the historical records. The club needs to confront the NRL and resolve this matter which we are all passionately supporting.. E.g. St George Illawarra have won 16 comps etc.
Great post. I can guarantee you and everyone else that all of us St George fans that supported us before 99 feel that we still support St George. We didn't all just start supporting a new club in 99. As I previously mentioned, we are still St George, we kept our famous Jersey, we are still the Dragons and we still have exactly the same emblem that we did before the joint venture, except the word Illawarra was added to the emblem. Illawarra effectively lost their identity in the Joint Venture.

Personally I would like us drop the Illawarra from our identity and go back to being St George Dragons. If I was a billionaire, I would by us and we would go back to being just St George Dragons, with a state of the art home ground at Kogarah, or a new 40 000 plus stadium built in the St George area. I would also support the funding for Illawarra Steelers to have their owe team back with Woolongong as their home ground.

I will also add that when the joint venture happened, the NRL said that there would be no more than 14 teams in the comp. We should be saying that before any more teams are added, that we want to dissolve the Joint Venture and go back to being 2 separate clubs, like we used to be. If I bought us I would gladly pay back the measly 6 million dollars that the NRL offered us to merge.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The Roosters operate under The Eastern Suburbs Rugby League Football club (E.S.R.L.F.C). they have so since 1908. I call them Easts, I couldn't give a rats what you call them.
Don't you wish that your club was still called Eastern Suburbs Roosters and nicknamed Easts?

I still call you club Easts, but the media doesn't.