What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hard to take the Ladbrokes article seriously when it rates the Titans strip higher than the Panthers'. Bulldogs strip is shit too (although I attribute that to the horrible CCC template). Roosters strip should be in the top 4.
For all the angst over the Bulldogs' jersey it's not a complete diversion from the classic look, and the changes aren't noticeable to those who don't scrutinise jerseys (which I'd argue is 90%+ of people, we're the unique ones here).

macavity

Referee
There is way too much butthurt over the Cowboys jersey. It's not even the worse one they've had, and the past few years haven't been that great either

I must be the only one who sorta likes it. Wouldn't want it for my club, but works with their branding.

Titans worst by a loooong way. Dogs have destroyed a classic also.

GAZF

First Grade
There is way too much butthurt over the Cowboys jersey. It's not even the worse one they've had, and the past few years haven't been that great either
Just because its not the worst, doesn't mean its good.

M2D2

Bench
Yeah i dont think its bad either. The way some people (Beave) acting its like they have been given a feces infested design.

kdalymc

Bench
Well as excited as we are about the Newcastle heritage, why the hell are they wearing it in round 1. Surely we can all save our heritage jerseys for the one round where every team wears it. I also hate the way clubs save their themed jersey until their home game.
There is no Round where every team wears it.

Maybe they are wearing it in round one to celebrate 30 years

Timmah

Staff member
Well as excited as we are about the Newcastle heritage, why the hell are they wearing it in round 1. Surely we can all save our heritage jerseys for the one round where every team wears it. I also hate the way clubs save their themed jersey until their home game.
As far as I remember Indigenous round last year was compulsory for all clubs.

I'm also fairly sure the NRL has run multiple surveys on this in recent years which have been the subject of discussion in this thread/other year equivalents?

kdalymc

Bench
They have had heritage round in previous years.

an actual heritage round where everyone wore a heritage jersey the same week, was 10 years ago.

since then its been round 1, when ever round, heritage round, the week after heritage round, closest home game to heritage round... etc etc

same with indig. they where it when it suits.

the centenary was the only properly organized one and it was great..

gzerounian

Juniors
As far as I remember Indigenous round last year was compulsory for all clubs
Yes I remember how good last year was where everyone participated in the same round and it was very effective. But then im sure some clubs wore it again in the following weeks (maybe broncos?). These jerseys would take on so much more meaning and value if they were just worn once.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
an actual heritage round where everyone wore a heritage jersey the same week, was 10 years ago.

since then its been round 1, when ever round, heritage round, the week after heritage round, closest home game to heritage round... etc etc

Loved the heritage round that year. It was properly organised. If Souths and Tigers ever try an SCG match again make it during a proper heritage round. Was that the game of Merritt's field goal?

kdalymc

Bench
Wow there is something wrong with the new dragons jersey. It looks dogshit and I can’t pinpoint why...

Zerô

Juniors
I liked what we did in, I think it was 2006, but we have had a 60's week.

Most teams wore jerseys from the decade, and some some sold limited edition merch

GAZF

First Grade
Broncos design looks better on the new ISC template, particularly the collar which is less white-heavy.

gzerounian

Juniors
Wow there is something wrong with the new dragons jersey. It looks dogshit and I can’t pinpoint why...
Better than last year but I know what you mean. I think the red is wrong. Too orange. The V needs to wrap around the shoulder a little bit. Also the shorts are crap which can ruin the whole look.

Timmah

Staff member

Indigenous is now compulsory - all teams have a design and wear it that round.
New manufacturer (x Blades). The sponsor cuts the vee again (last year it was below the point of the vee). Also I think the red hems on the sleeves and around the waist might be new

kdalymc

Bench
Indigenous is now compulsory - all teams have a design and wear it that round.

New manufacturer (x Blades). The sponsor cuts the vee again (last year it was below the point of the vee). Also I think the red hems on the sleeves and around the waist might be new
2016 (and previous) did all this, worked fine. Something just looks bodgy. Maybe too square?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts