What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Round 2

BrissyRedV

Bench
Whilst I disagreed with the initial selections that Mary made, to chop and change a winning team at this point could be detrimental and harm combinations being formed. I don't think there was any out and out shocking performances this game, just some rust and some lack of communication. Just chill and bask in the glory of flogging the Broncos for the rest of the week.

Changa

Juniors
Same team should be picked although not everyone was upto scratch; it is round 1 after all. Left side defence is bit of a concern, we missed Thommo and the Lafai/Nene combo did leak a lot, and not just because of Roberts threatening speed.

Starting props laid the platform early, as expected. However, we got a tonne of value from our bench props - Latimore and especially Ah Mau were unreal off the bench and should both keep their spot.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Mann for Lafai.
Yep....exactely my thoughts Crush....Lafai just doesnt add anything imo....if we keep stuffing Mann around he will be gone......hows he supposed to gain experience when hes warming the bench ....he must go home after every game in quite a deal of discomfort with an arse full of splinters....cmon Mary give the kid a go.....most people on here know it but you

Drag Queen

Bench
Yep....exactely my thoughts Crush....Lafai just doesnt add anything imo....if we keep stuffing Mann around he will be gone......hows he supposed to gain experience when hes warming the bench ....he must go home after every game in quite a deal of discomfort with an arse full of splinters....cmon Mary give the kid a go.....most people on here i

JDHD

Juniors
f**k off our left edge for Mann and Lomax w/ Field on the bench for Mann. f**k off Latimore for Josh Kerr. I’d prefer Jacob Host over Leilua every day of the week if that’s the kind of performance we’re going to get from him.

giboz71

First Grade
Mann for Lafai.

Well at least we got Roberts early and just had to take our medicine.

But let’s face it, any centre with an ounce of speed will be licking thier chops running at Lafai with any sort of space.

Just too fkn slow.

As I said before, that left defence of Lafai/Nene is going to hurt us in close games.
It was the same last year and neither seems to have learned anything in the off season, unlike Aitken whose defence I was actually impressed by last night, unlike last year he seemed to make the correct decisions at the correct times.

I think Latimore is a bit of a plodder, he gives his all, but not a lot of spark there.
Give Leilua a few more games, but if his effort level dosnt go up he needs to go.

But, Mary's not changing a winning team.....or of last year is any indication, a losing one either.

A good win first up though, the pressure Hunt takes off Widdop as the sole playmaker was obvious.

BennyV

Referee
Latimore was solid tonight.

He won’t be going anywhere.

No one will after a 22 point win against one of the comp favourites.
You still in 2017 mate? Who had Broncos sitting anywhere near the Top 4, let alone premiership favourites?

SBD82

Coach
Rusty start to the season but some very good signs last night.

Don't underestimate how bad the broncos were, but there were some good signs: hunts work at half, mcinnes mixing things up and running, our linespeed much better, our edge forwards playing tighter, and the team not dropping their heads when faced with resistance from the broncos.

Scratchy win but I loved it.

Latest posts