What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK I'll say it

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My apologies if its been mentioned in this thread.

There was a set the Broncos had i think early/mid second half where they were struggling to make any metres. James Graham i believe made 3 or 4 tackles in a row. Tackle, get up chase and tackle again.

That was a pivotal moment in the game. He lifted the whole team,

When things got heated.. who faced up to the Broncos pack ? Graham did. He frustrated the shite of out them.

When on the field he was calling and instructing players, when we scored he was passionate.He is a "team " man.

I referred once to the farce that we saw when Willie Mason was miked up for a game against us a few years back, where he sledged us, on open mike, ridiculed our pack, and not a word from our boys. Not having a go at the lads, they kept their composure. But sometimes, and moreso often you need an enforcer who gets in their face and takes no crap.

Our pack with Paul / JDB / Tyson etc are top notch. Was has been missing is the in the your face, non-apologetic mongrel that gives as well as he takes, and that rubs off on the team.

I thought he was terrific.

Special mention to the most underated prop in the the NRL. LAM, is a workhorse. his post contact metres are something to admire.
Good post mate....thought LAM had his best game for us in quite a whlie....he always gives 100 % but last nite he was exceptional....his leg drive was fantastic

SEAT 1A

Bench
Latimore was a great buy.

Love Sele and Host however, old head, little moments and all that jazz. Buy him a beer.

Uplifting

Juniors
So I can't give him credit for setting an example for the younger guys at training to try and emulate? Leading by example. The one percenters and both training and the game, yep ok.
Sorry mate not having a go at you personally - I heard similar comments in the media. Just in the this context, a young player training hard in preseason is about self motivation. If Graham inspires people on the field by being a great example then give him credit. That’s my opinion anyway.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Graham is not Jason Taumalolo and never was the tackle busting,metre gaining sort of forward. However, he is VERY good defender- he was one of the prime reasons Australia struggled to bust the English line in the world cup final. His line speed is very good and he TALKS. NONE of last years pack is a talker. De Belin, Frizz, LAM, Vaughan are all the strong silent types. Graham is the sort of red ragger who will fearlessly rip into teammates and give them a bollocking when they need it. HIs leadership is invaluable.

On the downside, I am still of the opinion that SGI lack forward and back depth and this will kill them when injuries hit. There is a huge gap in class from our starting six forwards and LAM to Latibore and any of Leilua, Sele and Host. When you're only getting impact from one of your bench forwards at full strength, it is a worry.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
On the downside, I am still of the opinion that SGI lack forward and back depth and this will kill them when injuries hit. There is a huge gap in class from our starting six forwards and LAM to Latibore and any of Leilua, Sele and Host. When you're only getting impact from one of your bench forwards at full strength, it is a worry.

Kerr could fill in nicely

Red V for life

Juniors
Hated JG at the Bulldogs. LOVE him now he is in the Red V!

The only cause for concern comes from a comment Ennis gave in the pre-game shoe on Fox where he said JG was loving Mary’s coaching :thinking: lol.

To be fair, Des used him wrong and the style Mary coaches suits him better.

Anyway, if I heard correctly, he has never won a premiership (super league or nrl). Let’s hope he can help us get one before his career is over.

Drag Queen

Bench

The only cause for concern comes from a comment Ennis gave in the pre-game shoe on Fox where he said JG was loving Mary’s coaching :thinking: lol.

Anyway, if I heard correctly, he has never won a premiership (super league or nrl). Let’s hope he can help us get one before his career is over.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm with you. Hated him when he played with the Dogs but popped my cork when we got him. Happy days.

Welcome back Drag Queen , must admit that he wasn't quite my cuppa of tea whilst at the Bullgrubs . But after watching the way he almost single handily fought the South Sydney pack in the 2014 G.F. He won my respect.

The man just did not give up until the final whistle and the way he tore strips of his own forward pack for not going on with it .
The Dragons will reap the benefits from his signing whether he is on the field or off it , his experience and knowledge of the game is second to none .

TruSaint

Referee

He has won 1 with St helens, he said last.

" St Helens reached the 2006 Super League Grand final to be contested against Hull F.C. and Graham played from the interchange bench in Saints' 26-4 victory. As 2006 Super League champions, St Helens faced 2006 NRL Premiers the Brisbane Broncosin the 2007 World Club Challenge. Graham played from the substitute bench in Saints' 18-14 victory."

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
When was the last time that we had anyone who was vocal, could lead by exampler and played with some passion. This is what a captain should do. And something we lack and have lacked for years. The only player who springs to mind that had any form of passion is Lance Thompson.

Not all great captains are naturally vocal.

Remember, Ben Hornby?

More often than not, it's actions speak louder than words.

Graham would make a fine Dragons' captain but I don't think Widdop hasn't done too badly given the unfair amount of responsibility that's was lumped on his shoulders since 2014.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree gareth.
Nice selfie mate.
Looking sharp

Thanks Sammy , i suppose a man could have had a shave , but Ethel can get a bit carried away with that camera on her mobile phone at times .

Good 1st up win for the boys , they can only improve . By the way I hope that after we beat the Sharks that we can see James Graham leading the victory song , he looked a bit lonely at the back of the locker room on Thursday night .

Last edited:

Latest posts