What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

BlueandGold

Juniors
If ticket prices for the 38k in perth where similar to one game admission then half the number.

If tickets where close to double then 38k should be counted twice.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Pretty good start..

Next week should be 150 +

Week 3 is a :dog2:.. lucky to clear 100k

Then Easter should be good ..

Week 3 has the double header at ANZ, it is the Eels and Rabbits first home game of the year.

Looking at over 40k for that game. Will clear 100k with ease weather permitting.

If the marketing people offer some decent lower price incentives then , weather permitting, a good crowd may lob up for this game. After all plenty of workers in the city might wander on to this game. This may be alot more than 14000 if marketed well.

Doubt it. It’s a pain in the hole to get from the cbd to the footy stadium. Gridlock out the ass

TheFrog

Coach
Thing is that if we're serious about wanting to get crowd averages up, a first round game like Penrith v Parra needs to be played at a big stadium and have at least 30k come through the gates. That goes for most derbies really.
You could have played this match at ANZ and the Round 5 clash at Penrith, but I'm not in any way convinced it would have got a higher crowd.

I thought Penrith fans weren’t big travellers?

You thought right.

Valheru

Coach
Oh dear
8 games divided by 7 crowds gets that skewed result .

Just a simple question
Did the crowd disappear for the second game .
Because that's what your thinking comes down to
Your trying to omit one crowd .

Are you saying you want to count the 38k twice?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If the weather is good (and at this time of year thats pretty likely) Auckland should pull its best crowd in quite a while, I reckon that showing in Perth has probably added about 5K to the likely turnout.

Burns

First Grade
Warriors are also doing $15 tickets as a big promotional push. I can’t remember where, but I think they really want to try and replicate what the Tongan supporters achieved in the RLWC Semi Final against England in terms of sold out stadium/atmosphere.

If they can’t pull 20,000 plus, could become a regular thing $15 maybe?

Marlins

Juniors
Should be another huge crowd out a Penrith on the back of the win last weekend.
Saturday afternoon, good weather and playing a traditional Sydney side.
No reason they can’t crack 20K again.

DC_fan

Coach

You can't count the 38k twice. That would be like saying if you played every game before a full house at ANZ, split between Saturday and Sunday, that you would have eight games of 80k each. For a total of 640,000 for the round. The NRL would be the laughing stock of Australian sport if they tried that.

The problem is, there is no rule book on how to keep sporting crowd records.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
It’s a st paddy’s day special for any seat at 15$. Really good value I think it’s a way to get a crowd against the titans too, who don’t draw interest like your broncos, roosters, etc. I would hope they have these specials for other minor holidays like Mother’s Day, etc.

Valheru

Coach
You can't count the 38k twice. That would be like saying if you played every game before a full house at ANZ, split between Saturday and Sunday, that you would have eight games of 80k each. For a total of 640,000 for the round. The NRL would be the laughing stock of Australian sport if they tried that.

I know, that's why I am asking the question

jim_57

Staff member

Instead of charging $50 for a double header ticket, they should charge $25 for a ticket to each game and after the first game kick everyone out and make then come back in with their new ticket. It's the only practical way.

jim_57

Staff member

I don't see the issue, everybody knows they are paying for a ticket to 2 games and the vast majority would have watched both games, the crowd wasn't 19k for each game.

If 2 people leave at half time of a normal game do we knock 1 off the crowd?

DC_fan

Coach
Instead of charging $50 for a double header ticket, they should charge $25 for a ticket to each game and after the first game kick everyone out and make then come back in with their new ticket. It's the only practical way.

That’s a funny idea.

DC_fan

Coach
I don't see the issue, everybody knows they are paying for a ticket to 2 games and the vast majority would have watched both games, the crowd wasn't 19k for each game.

As I said there is no rule book on how to keep track of crowds, so I suppose it’s only us and the media who really care. The NRL probably don’t give a stuff. They know the occasion drew 38,000 and they must be happy with that.

How much were the tickets for Perth?

I would’ve thought they’d be cheaper than attending 2 seperate games. Therein lies the rub.

KWell the 38 k didn't disappear after the first game
There were two games
Approx 38 k watched both .
So why count only one game

If you're gunna count the crowd for two games as one
Then the same applies to the games ..they become 1

Robert B

Juniors
The NRL and clubs only care about total tickets sold. We sold 142,000 tickets for the opening round. Everyone should at least agree on that!

Latest posts