What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why dosent anyone rate US

dino1

Juniors
This is DINO 2170- It seems no one is talking or rating us. WHY IS THIS SO.

We have thrashed one of the IT teams of the comp and we sit first, YET no commentator is talking about us.

I heard them say it was a lacklustre performance on behalf of Brisbane and sure they did talk about us on Friday BUT nothing since then. WHY???????????

By the way if NIGHTENGALE isnt injured by that horrific try he scored ill call him rubber neck from now on.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
My opinion, it' justifed why some or most commentators are not talking about us.
The obvious main reason is the coach.
Add also our defence structure is the worst in the comp. Let me clarify that we DONT have the worst defence, just the worst structure.
Up 5m and plant your feet in order to keep a straight line is under 8s rubbish. This will be severely punished by the big teams in big games, unless we score 30 plus weekly.
Outside backs defence is terrible, lafai and Aitken s inability to make decisions is both a structure and personnel issue. We need to change both. Short term Mann and Lomax replacing our current centres, then an overhaul of pur defence system....this would at least take 8 to 10 weeks IMO.
Cheers.

Life's Good

Coach
Why would they? We have an alarming trend of opening a season well and fading badly. Whether its coach, players or other the fact remains we haven't earned the right to be considered anything but a passenger. And frankly, even though I don't like it, I agree.

Anyway, most of the commentators/journalists play favourites so I don't really care about how they see us. What we do on the field will define our credentials, not what is or isn't written IMO.

BTW - The betting agencies do. Our odds for the premiership have improved.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why would they.
We have made the finals once in recent times and that was more by luck.
In 2016 we were strong at the beginning of the season only to fade.
In 2017 we were strong at the beginning of the season only to fade.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Caught the start of Talking Sport on Friday, Hughes wasn't impressed. It's the first round however, that was a 22 point win.

Will be interesting to hear his view on MEL and his Bulldogs 18 point loss.

giboz71

First Grade
The pattern has been in recent years that we find it hard to close out games. Our forward dominated game plan and lack of speed in the backs means that unless we have built a big lead (like on Thursday), we have a tendency to get run down late in games when fatigue sets in.

Games against the Dogs and Bunnies last year come to mind and Widdop wasn’t a very good closer.

Unless we can fix this and regularly win the tight games, we can’t ever be considered contenders.

Why would they? We have an alarming trend of opening a season well and fading badly. Whether its coach, players or other the fact remains we haven't earned the right to be considered anything but a passenger. And frankly, even though I don't like it, I agree.

Anyway, most of the commentators/journalists play favourites so I don't really care about how they see us. What we do on the field will define our credentials, not what is or isn't written IMO.

BTW - The betting agencies do. Our odds for the premiership have improved.
While it was great to give Brisbane a touch up, our first half was ordinary and until the intercept, they were still in the game.
Bench rotation, the continued misuse of Mann and the persistent selection and performances of Lafai and Mc Donald still rings alarm bells for me.
It was one of the worst Broncos performances that I have seen in a long while with Thaiday at dummy half and Milford out of sorts.
We were also playing at home which, I hope we can make a fortress again and of course we were paying tribute to Changa. Plenty of motivation for us to win the first game of the season.
Hunt made a big difference and allowed Widdop to be a proper 5/8 for a change.
I am delighted for the boys but I am not getting carried away.
Cronulla will be a different proposition and should be a very good measuring stick.

Fangs

Coach
Why? The coach.

Your backline as well, while decent doesn't strike fear into any opposition fans or teams.

Belta

Juniors
It's the power game we play. It does provide plenty of momentum and will reap some good wins but is also able to be nullified and by a good coach and more importantly as we seen last year is hard to sustain. I would say our wingers and centres play no differently to our forwards. Just hit up after hit up. Even Aitken's great try was a power play, any other centre passes to his unmarked winger who strolls over untouched.

I'm not being critical, it was a great win, and they'll be right in it on Thursday if they can repeat that performance but to be to real contenders I think we need to incorporate more flair/speed, if we can pull this off opinions and will change. For mine Mann and Field could hold the key, just a little tweek

Life's Good

Coach
While it was great to give Brisbane a touch up, our first half was ordinary and until the intercept, they were still in the game.
Bench rotation, the continued misuse of Mann and the persistent selection and performances of Lafai and Mc Donald still rings alarm bells for me.
It was one of the worst Broncos performances that I have seen in a long while with Thaiday at dummy half and Milford out of sorts.
We were also playing at home which, I hope we can make a fortress again and of course we were paying tribute to Changa. Plenty of motivation for us to win the first game of the season.
Hunt made a big difference and allowed Widdop to be a proper 5/8 for a change.
I am delighted for the boys but I am not getting carried away.
Cronulla will be a different proposition and should be a very good measuring stick.

Agree. We are a long way from becoming a premiership heavyweight whether it's the media writing it or us believing it. Like many, I was pumped with the win and really happy to see the form of some players(I have been critical of Aitken who played well)but I am also grounded enough to know the Donkeys were a shadow of their former selves and ripe for the picking.

Old Timer

Coach
Why don't they rate us, the answer is simple, because they know more than most in this forum.
We have far too many people talking it up and demanding we be considered a threat all on the back of 1 or a couple of games.
In respect of Rd 1 it was good win, but if you remember they were already sticking it to Brisbane and Bennett, who supposedly lost the shed last year and they see the Bronco's as being on the slippery slope, so they will apportion little if any credit to anyone that beets them.
Let's see what they and also we have to say after we have played the Storm, Cowboys and Roosters and I might throw the Dogs into that mix as we have real issues trying to beet them.

Latest posts