What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nrlstats.com What happened?

voltron

Juniors
Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to NRLstats.com?
I cant find it, and the rest of the sites are pretty useless for stats.
Can't even find how many minutes Gallen played on the weekend

Das Gupta

Juniors
Possible cost cutting by the NRL. The site has gone.
I don't like the decision either. In this day and age we as fans should have site that displays all the stats from the weekend matches. Not a sprinkle like the current NRL website.

Billythekid

First Grade
Yep it sucks not having quick access to stats. Even worse we now have to use the piece of shit NRL.com which barely loads when games area on. If that is where the $100 million dollars went they might as well have flushed it down the toilet.

gUt

Coach
I presume with all the fantasy comps out there now that these stats are actually worth a fair bit of coin and therefore they're behind a paywall.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Talk about whinging! You all need to get out more. The Nrl app has all the stats youd want so go there and the Nrl.com has most of the stats. Whinging for the sake of whinging in here!!

Talk about whinging! You all need to get out more. The Nrl app has all the stats youd want so go there and the Nrl.com has most of the stats. Whinging for the sake of whinging in here!!

NRL.com has most of the stats? What are you smoking lad, as the NRL's website most certainly does not have most of the stats.

In previous years there was a match centre for all games where you could get stats on each player, like no. of minutes played, runs made, tackles made, tackles missed, handling errors, line breaks etc for each game. All they have is lame ass listing, as it says on the page, of the "Top Performing Players". Hence they are valid questions as to why their own website is so dumbed down.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
NRL.com has most of the stats? What are you smoking lad, as the NRL's website most certainly does not have most of the stats.

In previous years there was a match centre for all games where you could get stats on each player, like no. of minutes played, runs made, tackles made, tackles missed, handling errors, line breaks etc for each game. All they have is lame ass listing, as it says on the page, of the "Top Performing Players". Hence they are valid questions as to why their own website is so dumbed down.

Like I said go to the Nrl app and you have everything you need. If you want to find stats for a player use the player search bar on Nrl.com. It also says that they will be giving “more in-depth player stats to come in 2018”. Just calm your farm and stop whinging for the sake of it. Supercoach app, Nrl app, fantasy app all have enough stats to drown in.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Like I said go to the Nrl app and you have everything you need. If you want to find stats for a player use the player search bar on Nrl.com. It also says that they will be giving “more in-depth player stats to come in 2018”. Just calm your farm and stop whinging for the sake of it. Supercoach app, Nrl app, fantasy app all have enough stats to drown in.

I like things they way they were. Very easy to use and find rather them using Apps and search boxes.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I like things they way they were. Very easy to use and find rather them using Apps and search boxes.

And that’s fair enough I agree with that. But I would also say that most people who are expecting every stat under the sun from the Nrl.com website is in the minority. Those sorts of stats would be expected from fantasy users and can easily found from rugby league apps. I’m sure in the coming weeks the stats that you want will be updated on the site. Using words like shameful, disgraceful is hardly needed from posters above. Why sweat the small stuff?

Alfred DeBois

Juniors
And that’s fair enough I agree with that. But I would also say that most people who are expecting every stat under the sun from the Nrl.com website is in the minority. Those sorts of stats would be expected from fantasy users and can easily found from rugby league apps. I’m sure in the coming weeks the stats that you want will be updated on the site. Using words like shameful, disgraceful is hardly needed from posters above. Why sweat the small stuff?

Then maybe they should tell the fans what is going on. I had the old nrlstats.com in my favourites and when I clicked on the page I was redirected to some other garbage.
I have heard a few people contacting the NRL over the fate of the website to met with stone silence.
If someone is going to change something they should tell people. I have read heaps of posts on fantasy blogs last weekend inquiring about the NRL stats website. No one knew why the site had vanished or knew of the plans for the future of the stats.
The NRL have dropped the ball on this one.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRLStats haven't been the provider for the NRL since 2014, as someone mentioned above ChampionData have had that role.

NRLStats is a separate organisation - they're still on Twitter - twitter.com/nrlstats

As for NRL.com's issues, one of their reporters said on Friday:

Hopefully they sort it out this week.

Alfred DeBois

Juniors
NRLStats haven't been the provider for the NRL since 2014, as someone mentioned above ChampionData have had that role.

NRLStats is a separate organisation - they're still on Twitter - twitter.com/nrlstats

As for NRL.com's issues, one of their reporters said on Friday:

Hopefully they sort it out this week.

Thank you for the clarify Timmah. I wasn't aware of the champion data link.

siv

First Grade

I not a fantasy user - dumb concept

But I still read game day stats as I have been since they were first ever published