What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalties

T-Boon

Coach
Thank god for the refs and penalties because without them I don't think we would be seeing any points scored at all in NRL 2018. In 3 games I have seen I have counted 2 line breaks and about 20 passes thrown beyond the first receiver in own half.

But we are getting to a lot of kicks. Well done NRL coaching staff.

The_Shield

Juniors
Thank god for the refs and penalties because without them I don't think we would be seeing any points scored at all in NRL 2018. In 3 games I have seen I have counted 2 line breaks and about 20 passes thrown beyond the first receiver in own half.

But we are getting to a lot of kicks. Well done NRL coaching staff.
You should watch the Storm play if you wanna see great attacking football

T-Boon

Coach
You should watch the Storm play if you wanna see great attacking football

Yeah they have been a mile ahead so far. I am hoping Parra produces some creativity this afternoon. I think Penrith are fully just about getting to kick now.

T-Boon

Coach
I have read a statistic recently that metres gained from penalties is on average over 10 times metres gained from line breaks.

Someguy

First Grade
T-boon is onto something here, just about every knights try was on the back of a penalty. If the trend continues it will be a good way to create home field advantage and bring crowds in

T-Boon

Coach
Does everyone agree that the lack of line breaks is an issue and that it is the fault of coaches not wanting to take risks?

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Probably more to do with the trainers on the field not getting enough fluids to the players to keep their levels up which would allow them to make line breaks.

The_Shield

Juniors
Stifling defence by melbourne is a myth. The real strength is their ability to scramble and recover, saving points that other teams would give up
Careful now, it’s not safe to talk positive about the Storm here, especially when it comes to their defence.

But seriously I think most people that complain about the storm now either haven’t watched the Storm play for ages or are too blinded by their hatred to see

T-Boon

Coach
But seriously I think most people that complain about the storm now either haven’t watched the Storm play for ages or are too blinded by their hatred to see

It is also probably just the fact Melbourne are to blame for the amount of wrestling and structure and boring play even though maybe now they have moved away from the boring attack to some extent.
My resentment is that they have had easily the best attacking players for over ten years and the legacy they have left could have been great but instead it is trash that the future generations are going to need to fix.

The_Shield

Juniors
It is also probably just the fact Melbourne are to blame for the amount of wrestling and structure and boring play even though maybe now they have moved away from the boring attack to some extent.
My resentment is that they have had easily the best attacking players for over ten years and the legacy they have left could have been great but instead it is trash that the future generations are going to need to fix.
Melbourne didn’t start all the wrestling and shit. They just get blamed for it

Latest posts