What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
Is he coming on the market?

I rated him ahead of Herman (although I'm not disappointed we got him) as a target for a quality up and coming forward when we were chasing players last year....he would be a massive get if he is available
I think he's off contract end of this year. Would be a perfect fit

Spot On

Coach
Thaiday's money plus a few TPA's should seal the deal

It is going to take a lot more than that to keep him. Wayne needs to get with the program. Herman came to us relatively cheaply due to Wayno's scrooginess. He'll need to pay the big bucks for Tevita or he'll go.

PhilGould

Bench
Napa has eyes on Newcastle

Dylan Napa is telling team-mates at the Sydney Roosters he wants out - to join Nathan Brown’s Newcastle steam-train.

Napa isn’t happy at the Roosters and made little impact in the shock loss to the Tigers on Saturday, making just 71 metres from nine runs coming off the bench.

Napa is close mates with Mitchell Pearce, Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Aiden Guerra, who quit the Roosters over the summer to join the Knights.

I’m hearing the Roosters won’t let Napa go - but will be asking him to produce more on the field and get himself back in a good frame of mind and stop kicking stones.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...l-touchness/84xf1tfcwejn15vxjscyux28j/slide/2

This was posted by The Lurker today. Generally The Lurker is about as unreliable as they come so I didn't think anything of it, but Dean Ritchie from the Telegraph said something similar about Napa being unsettled at the Roosters on Triple M tonight.

Glendale

Juniors
I’m honestly not a huge Napa fan... Fires up a few times per year. He’ll demand big bucks- is he worthy it really?

Knight Vision

First Grade
It is going to take a lot more than that to keep him. Wayne needs to get with the program. Herman came to us relatively cheaply due to Wayno's scrooginess. He'll need to pay the big bucks for Tevita or he'll go.
Indeed, and loyalty is a thing of the past, particularly among the islander boys

Knight Vision

First Grade
Napa has eyes on Newcastle

Dylan Napa is telling team-mates at the Sydney Roosters he wants out - to join Nathan Brown’s Newcastle steam-train.

Napa isn’t happy at the Roosters and made little impact in the shock loss to the Tigers on Saturday, making just 71 metres from nine runs coming off the bench.

Napa is close mates with Mitchell Pearce, Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Aiden Guerra, who quit the Roosters over the summer to join the Knights.

I’m hearing the Roosters won’t let Napa go - but will be asking him to produce more on the field and get himself back in a good frame of mind and stop kicking stones.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...l-touchness/84xf1tfcwejn15vxjscyux28j/slide/2

This was posted by The Lurker today. Generally The Lurker is about as unreliable as they come so I didn't think anything of it, but Dean Ritchie from the Telegraph said something similar about Napa being unsettled at the Roosters on Triple M tonight.
Would take him in a heartbeat , change of scenery might be just what he needs. Ticks all the boxes, aggressive , big body and plenty of tomorrows. His best footy is in front of him. Could be one of the best front rowers in the game. Will be a SOO mainstay for the next 10 years.

Spot On

Coach
I’m honestly not a huge Napa fan... Fires up a few times per year. He’ll demand big bucks- is he worthy it really?

His last 12 months has been deplorable. Doesn't carry the ball. Yes he can hit when he wants - but it's more miss from week to week for some reason.

That semi v Cowboys where Scott Bolton shat on he and Hargeaves left you thinking he either isn't up to it or doesn't care.

Anyone's guess how he'd go here.

Knight Vision

First Grade
His last 12 months has been deplorable. Doesn't carry the ball. Yes he can hit when he wants - but it's more miss from week to week for some reason.

That semi v Cowboys where Scott Bolton shat on he and Hargeaves left you thinking he either isn't up to it or doesn't care.

Anyone's guess how he'd go here.
Agreed, he hasnt been very good last season. The ability is there though and he comes from a successful system. Maybe personal reasons last season or he just needs a change of scenery. Would not pay premium coin for him based on recent performances. Certainly worth exploring though.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
A couple of years ago I would have been very keen to get Napa but over the last 12 months his form has been patchy at best. He looked good at Origin level last year, but it's not exactly difficult to look good playing for QLD whilst being shit at club level (just ask Dane Gagai)

Also there were some pretty persistent rumours going around last year that the Roosters were shopping him around and that we made a play and he didn't even bother to talk with us. So hypothetically if this new rumour is actually true (about him wanting to come here) then I would be seriously questioning his motivations and whether he's actually doing it for the right reasons. Is it just because he wants a starting spot again or because a few of his mates are at the Knights now?

Either way I would only take him if the Roosters were paying some hefty freight for him or Napa would need to sit down and convince Brown that he is legit about joining the club for the right reasons. I would be very tempted not to sign him purely on the basis that he didn't want a bar of us last year and to show people that we're no longer a club who will sign anyone out of desperation.

Spot On

Coach
I can think of 2 or 3 games the past year where he went berserk and put the fear of god into NSW and I think Souths (one match in the rain???) and had the ball carrier looking for him. There aren't many of those players around. If he could do that sort of thing most weeks you wouldn't hesitate but the facts are he hasn't done it consistently.

Maybe he isn't happy at the Rooters and needs a change? I dont like that though. He signed with them and is an origin player. He needs to play like one to get the big coin in club land imo.

Latest posts