What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Titans

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
Looking forward to Kata v Hurrell

Though Konnie looked the goods against Canberra. Kept Croker quiet all night. And made some really good runs to get the Titans out of trouble

Is this the first time he's playing against the warriors? (Sorry but last season was a blur:grinning:)

TheDMC

Bench
Hiku may not have seen Jennings at all - but he was in a good enough position to make sure that the ball didn't get to Fus.

I only saw it the once and no replay, but there was definitely traffic nearby and I was pretty sure at the time that was why he didn't pass it. The hikster did miss 10 tackles though, top of the missed tackle table he is!

Team unchanged.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v GOLD COAST TITANS

Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
5.00pm, Saturday, March 17, 2018
Referees: Adam Gee and Gavin Reynolds

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU’A
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 ADAM BLAIR
11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 LIGI SAO
Interchange:
14 SAM COOK
15 LEIVAHA PULU
16 SAM LISONE
17 BUNTY AFOA
18 ANTHONY GELLING
20 JAZZ TEVAGA
21 AGNATIUS PAASI
22 MASON LINO

spear tackle

Juniors
Team unchanged.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v GOLD COAST TITANS

Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
5.00pm, Saturday, March 17, 2018
Referees: Adam Gee and Gavin Reynolds

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU’A
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 ADAM BLAIR
11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 LIGI SAO
Interchange:
14 SAM COOK
15 LEIVAHA PULU
16 SAM LISONE
17 BUNTY AFOA
18 ANTHONY GELLING
20 JAZZ TEVAGA
21 AGNATIUS PAASI
22 MASON LINO

I hope someone showed Kata what causes penalties then.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Looks like Paasi is fit. I think he'll struggle to displace anyone in the 17 though as our three bench forwards were very solid, averaging around 100m. Blair was the weak link yardage wise but he won't get dropped.

One thing I noticed about last weeks stats was while none of our forwards were really dominant they shared the load very effectively- Blair aside (63m) they were all in ther 90-115m range. If everyone is contributing solidly then suddenly you don't actually need a monster pulling out 150m+ efforts, they'll get it done as a pack.

Blair

Coach
...Blair was the weak link yardage wise...

Having watched the replay I was almost disbelieving in how ineffective, even negatively impacted, Blair was on our side.

Surely he's a good player, an asset to any football side. I'll believe that for a few weeks at least. He has my full support.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Having watched the replay I was almost disbelieving in how ineffective, even negatively impacted, Blair was on our side.

Surely he's a good player, an asset to any football side. I'll believe that for a few weeks at least. He has my full support.
Watch it again when they tried to score with their forwards around the middle, blair's defence was really good...if he wasn't there they score

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Our defence in the middle was unbelievably good considering Simon's absence so I'm happy to give Blair credit there.

JJ

Immortal
No problem with running the same 17 out here. I didn't agree with the team but their performance was good, but I also hope to see accountability when things aren't going well

last year we settled for mediocrity with the selections
No way Kata should be there in week 2 even though we won in the 1st round. Hes a liability who will cost us more games than he will win for us

last year we settled for mediocrity with the selections
No way Kata should be there in week 2 even though we won in the 1st round. Hes a liability who will cost us more games than he will win for us

I think injuries are keeping him safe for now. I'd say most good coaches employ close to a 3 strikes rule (3 bad games) and you get a rest. Not sure the goals set for Kata either by coach.

Campion

Juniors
Looks like Paasi is fit. I think he'll struggle to displace anyone in the 17 though as our three bench forwards were very solid, averaging around 100m. Blair was the weak link yardage wise but he won't get dropped.

One thing I noticed about last weeks stats was while none of our forwards were really dominant they shared the load very effectively- Blair aside (63m) they were all in ther 90-115m range. If everyone is contributing solidly then suddenly you don't actually need a monster pulling out 150m+ efforts, they'll get it done as a pack.

Just wondering, where did you find the meteres run statistics? I could'nt find it on nrl.com