What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Boss doesn't even know who the Cronulla Sharks are

ACTPanthers

Bench
It's terrible he couldn't name the team, but funny at the same time as it was the Sharks...

Let's face it, as bad as it is, half the Sharks fans in here having a cry wouldn't care less if it were some other team he forgot. Same goes for the ones who don't care, if it were their team, they'd be crying just as much.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry mate. Should accompany every post with:
*I am all for expansion, driving membership numbers up and giving back to grassroots.

Will that be ok?
You can do what you like, just as I'm free to point out how ridiculous this reaction is.

Why does this matter? Genuinely. Does this actually affect the day-to-day running of the game? It's a 'gotcha' moment.

I don't particularly like Beattie that much and I'm not sure someone whose focus seems to be largely on ensuring QLD is well looked after is the best thing to have as chairperson, but ultimately I don't think this sort of thing is worthy of air time or focus.

And he's apologised now anyway (which is more than Grant did, no?)

butchmcdick

Immortal
Classic Beattie

I am as appalled as you

It is a problem and I will fix it

We need to get it right, it's too vital not too

Repeat

Welcome to life under the media tart NSW

King hit

Coach
homer-quotes-doh.jpg

M2D2

Bench
It's terrible he couldn't name the team, but funny at the same time as it was the Sharks...

Let's face it, as bad as it is, half the Sharks fans in here having a cry wouldn't care less if it were some other team he forgot. Same goes for the ones who don't care, if it were their team, they'd be crying just as much.
Considering i was told about this from a livid panthers fan that this has happened again.
Yeah nah.
But nice try putting the outrage on the cronulla side.
But considering some of posters on this forum, who still blame gallop for shit. How could i be surprised by this turn.

carcharias

Immortal
I just did in response to Eion... go nuts.
So ...big picture according to Timmah
Grant -no idea - makes a complete merkin of himself - doesn’t say sorry = bad

Beattie -no idea- makes the exact same complete merkin of himself - says sorry = good

Relax everyone the games in great hands.
Not that the bloke with the hands knows what he actually has in his hands

Raiderdave

First Grade
hmmmmmm

hahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaahhhahhahahahahahaahahhahaahahhahaahahhahahhaha
beattie answering for most australians
the sharks

who the F are they ??
: )

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So ...big picture according to Timmah
Grant -no idea - makes a complete merkin of himself - doesn’t say sorry = bad

Beattie -no idea- makes the exact same complete merkin of himself - says sorry = good

Relax everyone the games in great hands.
Not that the bloke with the hands knows what he actually has in his hands
LOL that's not even remotely close to what I said but good try carch.

Eion

First Grade
You can do what you like, just as I'm free to point out how ridiculous this reaction is.

Why does this matter? Genuinely. Does this actually affect the day-to-day running of the game? It's a 'gotcha' moment.

I don't particularly like Beattie that much and I'm not sure someone whose focus seems to be largely on ensuring QLD is well looked after is the best thing to have as chairperson, but ultimately I don't think this sort of thing is worthy of air time or focus.

And he's apologised now anyway (which is more than Grant did, no?)
It’s not a gotcha moment. He wasn’t asked by a hard hitting journo how much a packet of muffins were.

Gus was trying to serve up a home run for him and that’s what makes it so ridiculous and funny.

Absolutely it’s worth discussing, which is why it’s a story in every major paper and various league websites.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Considering i was told about this from a livid panthers fan that this has happened again.
Yeah nah.
But nice try putting the outrage on the cronulla side.
But considering some of posters on this forum, who still blame gallop for shit. How could i be surprised by this turn.

So because YOU were told by ONE fan of another team, that proves your point?
Yeah nah.
I'll stick to what I'm seeing with my own eyes. But thanks brother.