What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Boss doesn't even know who the Cronulla Sharks are

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Maybe not. But it is a pretty strong indicator....especially when the only other side of that argument is some nuffie on a forum.
Yes, I'm literally the only person who thinks this is a beat up LOL

M2D2

Bench
What are you on about? I even said in my original post that if it were any other team, their fans would be in here crying as well, including my own... I have absolutely nothing against Sharks or their fans. Are you just looking for an argument? Has Mum taken away your Xbox privileges or something? Deep breath champ, and relax a little.
Because maybe, just maybe, it has nothing to do with the fact he picked Cronulla.
Just a thought.

some11

Referee
Imagine being so outraged over a fluffed interview answer and not about the state of our game.
y4E1HVM.gif

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
If Beattie was asked "What's that Victorian NRL team called?" and he answered "Melbourne Rebels", the Storm mob would go apeshit 100 times more than the Sharks supporters have.

I don't see what the big fuss is anyway.

Quidgybo

Bench
You are literally the only person pretending it’s not a story worth discussing.
He isn’t. Any rational analysis concludes it’s unrealistic to think he doesn’t know who the Sharks are. He has been on the Commission six months, he has attended multiple meetings with all sixteen clubs during that time, he met with those clubs just hours before the interview, he attended the Sharks’ match on Friday night and went into the dressing rooms. He’s probably misheard the question or as a non Sydney sider got thrown by the Sutherland Shire reference in the opening and started thinking State teams. It’s embarrassing but hardly a big story.

Leigh.

carcharias

Immortal
He isn’t. Any rational analysis concludes it’s unrealistic to think he doesn’t know who the Sharks are. He has been on the Commission six months, he has attended multiple meetings with all sixteen clubs during that time, he met with those clubs just hours before the interview, he attended the Sharks’ match on Friday night and went into the dressing rooms. He’s probably misheard the question or as a non Sydney sider got thrown by the Sutherland Shire reference in the opening and started thinking State teams. It’s embarrassing but hardly a big story.

Leigh.

Watch the video
He really had no idea .
Dunno what the f**k he’s been doing for 6 months.

Eion

First Grade

Leigh.
Ah but it IS a story.

And the interview was 2 weeks ago apparently.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Because maybe, just maybe, it has nothing to do with the fact he picked Cronulla.
Just a thought.

Yep, the fact that, at the time of me writing my original post, it was mostly sharks fans commenting, has no relevance to it at all...

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you about this, because it's a pretty trivial topic and I'm bored now.

Fingers crossed your Mum gives you your XBox back soon

This Beattie fluff is not anywhere near as pathetic as Ray Warren refusing to call a game being played more than three hours drive away, because he is petrified of flying.

Latest posts