What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Lolohea ideal playing weight?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I think he has a lot of untapped talent but he looks overweight on the TV. I thought it worth looking up

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2014/02/21/rising-star-lolohea-signed/

“I was in the high 90s (at the start of pre-season), now I’m 92kg. I haven’t been that weight in about six or seven years. They’re still questioning me if I can get lower again.”

He was 89kg when he made his debut in 2014. I'd have thought with some NRL standard backs in reggies, he'd be made to work off some more weight before being considered for NRL?

Clifferd

Coach
Personally looks like to me he doesn’t have much lean muscle mass. I would’ve thought a heavy weights program over the off season would be ideal

92kg but only looking like a slightly less fatter version of him self from last season

Most fullbacks at that weight are shredded and have a fair amount of muscle.

Vic Mackey

Referee
2016 highlights

He looks a good 5kgs lighter then he is now imo. Look how much sharper he is

There were a few times on Saturday he got the ball where he should have been able to at least make a halfbreak but was shutdown easily.

The World Cup didn’t help, if he was with us from day 1 in the Pre season I have no doubt he’d be where we want him

He is still a work in progress, I would really hope by round 6 he’s lost another 2-3kgs

gordsy

Juniors
He doesn't seem that quick even back then. You have to wonder if he beefed up could he play lock or Is he In the mould of a big 5/8 rather than a fullback.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He doesn't seem that quick even back then. You have to wonder if he beefed up could he play lock or Is he In the mould of a big 5/8 rather than a fullback.
If only he could b an effective left centre coz we need to find a better option than the useless Naquama.

Clifferd

Coach
2016 highlights

He looks a good 5kgs lighter then he is now imo. Look how much sharper he is

There were a few times on Saturday he got the ball where he should have been able to at least make a halfbreak but was shutdown easily.

The World Cup didn’t help, if he was with us from day 1 in the Pre season I have no doubt he’d be where we want him

He is still a work in progress, I would really hope by round 6 he’s lost another 2-3kgs

I didn’t even realise he had that kind of step. If he can shed some weight fast I reckon he could be our X factor

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm honestly not sure if his weight matters that much unless he is really fat. There are plenty of explosive athletes that carry extra kgs.

I am more worried that he doesn't have that explosive pace and step but I think he has to be given a bit of time. As per gordsy comments I'm concerned he should really be a big 5/8 rather than a fullback but time will tell.

I like the guy and he has shown some ability in the past.