What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes for Round 2

Crush

Coach
For the record he really helped the Sharks premiership campaign in 2016 because he was at the Panthers that year where he started off playing 40 minutes per game and finished on an year average of 28 minutes a game.
Was picked up by the Sharks for 2017 where he averaged 22 minutes a game and was so critical to them they let him go after 1 year.
Not that I pay a lot of respect for Supercoach info but it is interesting
In 2016 he started at $312,700 and finished at $158,600 then in 2017 he started at $205,600 and finished at $155,200.
Surely there must be something to take from those stats somewhere?
Of course there is he represents "value" to us.
If you want to throw a few supercoach stats around Latimore scored the most points per minute of any of our forwards round 1 with 32 points in 22 minutes. Leilua managed 14 points in his 22 minutes(he's in my team unfortunately). Sims 37 points in 69 minutes!
Latimore adds value OT.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sele was there last week a swell until the late change.
Really curious as to what is the issue with Host.
Last report form HPT was a very minor calf strain any updates anyone?

Ot
Host still out.
Slower recovery than expected.
I don't think he will play.
There we be ( as far as I know update given today).

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Latimore is definitely worth having in the squad. Apart from that no frills, consistent approach he provides as a player, he seems to be great for team morale as well. Every Instagram story i've seen from our boys has Lats in it cracking jokes and just generally making everyone laugh.

Mary might be a bellend, but one thing he does have right is that characters like Lats are the glue to your side. Team camaraderie is everything.

Tom
The players love him.
He great with all the boys.
Expecially the young guys.
His value is off the field as well.
He pushes them at training

Old Timer

Coach
FMD guys I am not saying he shouldn't be part of the main squad as a depth player which is what you all said he was.
However he comes to our club and straight after the pre season he walks into our starting line up for game 1 after originally not being named in the 17.
See who he replaced in that 17 actually then goes and plays reggies.
How does that make Latimore a depth player, as my understanding of such is, he would bolster our side come SOO time or in case of injuries but this was Rd 1 and the only injury was Host?
So obviously Latimore is not a depth player in Mc Fookknuckle's eyes he is a starting player.
Now people come up with the lame (in fact very lame) argument that Latimore is good for morale etc etc (maybe muzby should get a gig as well) how do you think morale was for Sele after being originally named then dropped?
Please explain how that happens in Rd 1?
Then again this week Sele is named in the 17 and you blokes think Latimore should have retained his spot, so how is that morale boosting for Latimore, let alone if Mc Fookknuckle switches them again and Sele is back in reggies.
Love the argument about Jon Green saving us late in the season which by the way has some merit but late in the season is exactly when depth players come into their own not Rd 1.
Anyway some of you are happy with him, I perceive him as depth at best, some of you talk about the young blokes getting a fair go and then support this type of selection on the back of 1 win, whereas I still support the youth policy until proven that they are not up to standard.
If Latimore was signed as a starting player and not depth then some tough questions need to be asked of recruitment as they should have had a higher bench mark.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
FMD guys I am not saying he shouldn't be part of the main squad as a depth player which is what you all said he was.
However he comes to our club and straight after the pre season he walks into our starting line up for game 1 after originally not being named in the 17.
How does that make Latimore a depth player, as my understanding of such is, he would bolster our side come SOO time or in case of injuries but this was Rd 1 and the only injury was Host?
So obviously Latimore is not a depth player in Mc Fookknuckle's eyes he is a starting player.
Now people come up with the lame (in fact very lame) argument that Latimore is good for morale etc etc (maybe muzby should get a gig as well) how do you think morale was for Sele after being originally named then dropped?
Then again this week Sele is named in the 17 and you blokes think Latimore should have retained his spot, so how is that morale boosting for Latimore, let alone if Mc Fookknuckle switches them again and Sele is back in reggies.
Love the argument about Jon Green saving us late in the season which by the way has some merit but late in the season is exactly when depth players come into their own not Rd 1.
Anyway some of you are happy with him, I perceive him as depth at best, some of you talk about the young blokes getting a fair go and then support this type of selection on the back of 1 win, whereas I still support the youth policy until proven that they are not up to standard.
If Latimore was signed as a starting player and not depth then some tough questions need to be asked of recruitment as they should have had a higher bench mark.

OT I understand where your coming from, however, I think there was some explanation and I'm not saying as fact just an observation.
Host was obviously injured.
How many minutes did Latimore play? Not many I believe, and did he back up on Saturday like Leilua?
Sele played a full game in ISP, was arguably our best player.
Now, how many minutes did Sele play in the trials? Or Lawrie or Kerr for that matter?
Lets face it the Broncos pack wasnt one to fear and swapping Sele and Latimore does make sense for his cameo. Sele, Lawrie and Kerr played full games (the latter 2 need more time based on their performances).
I dont expect Latimore to play in 1st grade tomorrow now that Sele has had a full game under his belt.
The bigger question for me is where Host fits into the team.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Latimore would be on my bench for first grade. There were games last year that we missed his like for like experienced player.

Luc,Host and Sele will get their chance however, Latimore's "old head" is needed at this time.He can do what the player he replaces for the time on the field with strong defence and make good metres.

I agree with OT, as how difficult it can be for the young blokes, to go from long minutes in reggies and be a cut above the rest to short stints in firsts for their transition.

I'm with you - Latimore brings nothing new to the table.
Kerr should be thrown into the mix instead.
Let the young prop loose - I have a feeling he will revel in the challenge.
As for Latimore and morale, cracking jokes and helping the young guys at training.
Best help that we can give the young dragons is to give them game time in FG.
Winning premierships is no laughing matter.
Still the biggest travesty is the treatment of Mann.
3rd year in a row McGregor treats this kid with disdain.
I bet you Mann is laughing at Latimore's jokes.

Old Timer

Coach
If you want to throw a few supercoach stats around Latimore scored the most points per minute of any of our forwards round 1 with 32 points in 22 minutes. Leilua managed 14 points in his 22 minutes(he's in my team unfortunately). Sims 37 points in 69 minutes!
Latimore adds value OT.
That's the trouble in this place, people fall in and out of love after a single game instead of looking at the long term view.
So 2 years of stats IYO is outweighed by 1 lousy game against what was a very ordinary Bronco's team?
He is obviously such outstanding value according to many in this place, that the 2016 premiers were mad to let him go.
Maybe they should have kept him and let that loser former whipping boy Prior come back to us.
Some cracker jack judges in this place.

Old Timer

Coach
So they don't have brains because they don't agree with you?
Your made the comment re the "tin foil hats" so you obviously don't agree with me, so is it not OK for me to not agree with others and provide a witty response to your sarcastic inference?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Keep your eyes open for a few possible selection changes in this game. I know it might not seem like much and i'm happy to eat my own words here, but Lomax hasn't been training in the pink ISP bib this week and he was not named in the ISP team.

Knowing Mary he'll probably sit Lomax on the sidelines as 18th man, but there's a possibility he might force his way in.

True_Believer

Juniors
Your made the comment re the "tin foil hats" so you obviously don't agree with me, so is it not OK for me to not agree with others and provide a witty response to your sarcastic inference?

'witty' is a bit of a stretch. I was just wondering if you believe those that don't agree with you are brainless? A direct inference from your response.

I mean honestly, can this following scenario be so far fetched that you can't believe it and would rather suggest that McGregor is some evil genius that has everybody brainwashed into doing his bidding (except you of course):

Host is injured on the Monday. Initial assessments indicate it is minor and he should be right for the following week. Through further training it was more severe than first thought, but not so bad that he would be out for weeks. As Pickworth has suggested he would have been right this week if the game was later in the week. Best to keep him out of both teams to be sure he has ample time to make sure he has recovered.

Sele was dropped from the NRL team due to injury - possibly on the day or the captains run (after the Pickworth update). Only minor and he was right to play on Saturday.

My belief (and it's only my belief) is that Latimore was not meant to play last Thursday and was only there as backup (depth) in case of injury. As it panned out, Sele did get injured and rather than expose Kerr first round to an unknown quantity in the Broncos, he went with experience - which turned out to be the right choice.

Old Timer

Coach
'witty' is a bit of a stretch. I was just wondering if you believe those that don't agree with you are brainless? A direct inference from your response.

I mean honestly, can this following scenario be so far fetched that you can't believe it and would rather suggest that McGregor is some evil genius that has everybody brainwashed into doing his bidding (except you of course):

Host is injured on the Monday. Initial assessments indicate it is minor and he should be right for the following week. Through further training it was more severe than first thought, but not so bad that he would be out for weeks. As Pickworth has suggested he would have been right this week if the game was later in the week. Best to keep him out of both teams to be sure he has ample time to make sure he has recovered.

Sele was dropped from the NRL team due to injury - possibly on the day or the captains run (after the Pickworth update). Only minor and he was right to play on Saturday.

My belief (and it's only my belief) is that Latimore was not meant to play last Thursday and was only there as backup (depth) in case of injury. As it panned out, Sele did get injured and rather than expose Kerr first round to an unknown quantity in the Broncos, he went with experience - which turned out to be the right choice.
Why is witty a stretch?
I took the "tin foil hat" comment in good spirit but you seen to struggle to do like wise.
Re Mc Gregor, I do not trust the grinning cheshire cat for one moment.
He has told more lies, bullsit and tried to provide more spin than any other coach in our history.
Even to the point he even had to make derogatory comments against former players and staff in his 360 interview when there was absolutely no need to do so.
Like chinless or not for Mc Fookknuckle to say "when the coach was sacked in 2014" was very f**king ordinary and proves he will knife anyone, at anytime to suit his purpose.
He is even now making sure the light is shone on Hornby and Hunt as potential sacrifices when he basically said they are the coaches and he is only the head coach FMD what a jerk
So is there a chance that he has had a word with Host re him not being part of the picture whilst telling everyone else he was in the mix, I surely believe that could be true especially the way he has been treated.
Re do I believe that Sele was injured and couldn't play Thursday but was OK for Saturday I take that with a grain of salt and am most sceptical that was the case.
I think Mc Gregor has shown on more than enough occasions that he cannot coach the younger players and has failed to get them consistently into 1st grade.
So therefore I believe he likes to have the "mature" players and will go that way at every opportunity.
We have 1 good win and I think people are willing to almost forget what runs this imposter already has on the board.
Anyway lets wait for a few rounds and see how it all settles and see who is in and out on a permanent basis.

True_Believer

Juniors
Why is witty a stretch?
I took the "tin foil hat" comment in good spirit but you seen to struggle to do like wise.

I'm not struggling with this at all. My reference was to you, but you've included a whole bunch of people in your comment. But that's OK - I'll leave it at that.

So is there a chance that he has had a word with Host re him not being part of the picture whilst telling everyone else he was in the mix, I surely believe that could be true especially the way he has been treated.

So he's had a word to Host and somehow convinced (or brainwashed) him into not speaking with the other players or any of the coaching staff about it? Mary truely is f**king amazing.

Brains or not, I'll be wearing my tin foil hat anytime I'm around Mary if he's that good at manipulating people.

I'm not suggesting that one win makes Mary a great coach at all. I think he needs to go. I do however think there are more logical explainations for player movement than suggesting Mary is some master manipulator.

Old Timer

Coach
I'm not struggling with this at all. My reference was to you, but you've included a whole bunch of people in your comment. But that's OK - I'll leave it at that.

So he's had a word to Host and somehow convinced (or brainwashed) him into not speaking with the other players or any of the coaching staff about it? Mary truely is f**king amazing.

Brains or not, I'll be wearing my tin foil hat anytime I'm around Mary if he's that good at manipulating people.

I'm not suggesting that one win makes Mary a great coach at all. I think he needs to go. I do however think there are more logical explainations for player movement than suggesting Mary is some master manipulator.
Sorry for the lesson you but asked has "everybody" (plural) put their tin foil hats on so I responded accordingly in plural, surely that is not too hard for you to comprehend?
Now you suggest my posts are eluding that Mc Fookknuckle is some master manipulator which is clearly incorrect and a wrong presumption by you.
I see Mc Fookknuckle as being clumsy and oaf like in all things he does and his use of the bench and selection announcements are testimony to that fact IMO.
He could have easily come out and said, Hosty is injured, will be out for a few weeks and will work his way back into contention over the next month or so.
Considering he said that he was in running for the back row position that would have been the correct thing to do.
Likewise he could have said Sele has a small injury and is not going to play 1st's this week so we are bringing Latimore up for cover and if Sele is free from injury he will be back for Rd 2 again not difficult nor unreasonable for him to do that.
But in light of him not doing that and me thinking that he is slimy in the way he does things, then it is not too difficult for me to not trust him.
By the way have a look in the threads and there are a few posters who believe that Host has been told that he isn't in the 17 and they appear to be closer to the action than I am.