What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Mister M

Juniors
Gee I really thought there were more at the Melbourne match, it looked awesome on TV, not too many gaps at all to be seen. I was guessing more around 25k. I guess the major gaps must have been on the camera side.

Storm crowds always look better than they are, one of the great things about that stadium actually. I always slash a few thousand off what the crowd looks like and that tends to be close to the mark.

Edit: having said that it does make you wonder where 12K more people would fit in. He stadium was apparently only 60% full but it looked so much more.

It is also the way the Storm have configured their membership reserved seating as well as the GA allocations.

The East/West Sections of Level 1 (the main seating areas on camera) hold around 7k, same as all clubs that's where the premium seating/reserved seat members/away bay, etc. normally sit. Because this are is actually quite small to fill before you reach the corporate boxes/signage area, it is easy to make it appear full.

Then the Storm fill Level 1 North/South behind the try line better than most clubs in the NRL. Those areas can fit around 12k, but fans are encouraged to sit closer to the front of those areas by having the cheaper reserved seat members/GA areas being down the ends of the ground.

Even if those two sections are 80% full (only needing 15k attendance), it looks pretty full due to only having 1 in 5 seats empty.

The cameras don't often really pan up high enough to see into the East/West Level 3 section of the ground, which holds another 10k and that was where the gaps/vacancies in the crowd were last night.

The majority of that area is reserved seating (some members, but mostly non-members/walk ups), but much of that was empty last night. I sat up in that area last night, on about the 20m line and there was barely anyone sitting behind me (and I was 5 rows back).

Raiderdave

First Grade
warm n blowing a gale in canberra today

like it would blow a dog off a chain atm
60Km an hour

hopefully it dies down later

SEAT 1A

Bench
Apologies if wrong thread - I'm new around here. Going to my first ever NRL game tonight and was just wondering what crowd is predicted for the storm vs tigers game and if i will be okay to buy tickets at the gate or if i should buy online?

Hope you had great first day melbourneboy00. Sorry about the score however, first win will come pretty soon.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Apparently the Warriors pre-sold 17k, not sure what happened to the other 3k that didn't turn up?

Probably counted all ticketed members in the presales (as they’ve payed for and reserved their seats) but the game day attendance was taken from the turnstiles.

Raiderdave

First Grade
the bird hosting the fox sunday footy said & i quote

a big crowd filing into brookvale
it looks packed !

ummmm

are her eyes stuck on ?
it looks dismal , like terrible

yes its blazing hot
but do people on the peninsula know they have a football team ??

Emu01

Juniors
All 3 clubs that use ANZ stadium have all lost their opening 2 games..( Eels down 30-0 at half time.) Im thinking the good start to season crowds might come to an abrupt end when Bulldogs,Souths Parra play there. Dogs fans dropped off big time last season when out of contention for finals.

Hopefully the cheaper seats deal this season might boost numbers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Poor crowd at Brookvale however the hot weather was a crucial factor. Looks like a good crowd in Canberra. Better than most predictions and with poor lead up weather (dust storm) earlier in the day.

Too hot, too wet, not the right day, not the right time. Good to see the thread excuses are on form early lol.

Reality is either A) the nrl Isnt as popular as we think or B) nrl fans arent very committed to supporting their clubs.

Either way why people’s expectations are so unrealistic despite years of crowd stagnation, in fact deteriation , I dont really understand.

That manly crowd is sht which ever way you want to spin it.

Stallion

First Grade
Too hot, too wet, not the right day, not the right time. Good to see the thread excuses are on form early lol.

Reality is either A) the nrl Isnt as popular as we think or B) nrl fans arent very committed to supporting their clubs.

Either way why people’s expectations are so unrealistic despite years of crowd stagnation, in fact deteriation , I dont really understand.

Reality is : the weather was stinking hot!

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

Popularity is higher than ever.
People just prefer to watch at home, that is the only reality.

Clifferd

Coach

TV audiences indicate the nrl is as popular as we think it is. Moreso (B) fans just aren’t committed enough

Warriors Fever

Juniors

It was 40 f**king degrees!!! Do you have these ready made responses every time there’s a disappointing crowd? What do you say when there’s a good crowd?