What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Broncos @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
Even blind Freddy could see it. The commentators at the end of the game could see it.

Didn’t watch the press conference but hope Ivan gave them them a gobful

The players looked f**king gutted too, imagine busting your gut for 88 min to be rorted near the end. I hate golden point I really do

I would’ve settled for a draw in that instance

innsaneink

Referee
I would like to see a slow motion replay of that Brisbane winger & whether he went into touch before Lawrence was penalized.
Go to the official forum... Still images show his foot on the line, should've been our scrum feed.

Just when you think you've seen it all. .. I just can believe that impostor Klown pulls that shit outta his arse to decide a game. Fkn unbelievable

innsaneink

Referee
Even blind Freddy could see it. The commentators at the end of the game could see it.

Didn’t watch the press conference but hope Ivan gave them them a gobful

The players looked f**king gutted too, imagine busting your gut for 88 min to be rorted near the end. I hate golden point I really do

I would’ve settled for a draw in that instance
"We all make mistakes, but that's a big one"

He said this about Klein... Wouldn't surprise me if the bastards slap a fine on us. ..

lets look at the positives that came out of that game. We again defended our arses off and this week didn't concede a try.

We have conceded 2 tries in 3 weeks.

Who have ever thought that statement would ever be attributed to the wests tigers?

When the broncos got that late lead we fought back. There is so much belief in the team it is staggering. We're going places this year, even without any attack to speak of. Brooks was calm under pressure and got us even. What about his defence as well. The turnstyles have been shut.

Whether the NRL want to admit it or not teams get treated differently by the refs. The mentality is 'its only the tigers. They'll be happy to have gotten close.' That was biggest bullshit call in ages. I'm still seething over it.

Any news on Benji yet? He didn't seem very positive about the injury at the end of the game.

I was very proud of our team last night.

A new day and have settled down now, a bit.

Was Benji off his game last night,? I mean even before he did his ankle (great that he stayed on though) he just seemed to be off. His passes were not the best, he just seemed out of sorts.

Was Benji off his game last night,? I mean even before he did his ankle (great that he stayed on though) he just seemed to be off. His passes were not the best, he just seemed out of sorts.

definitely a step down from the first 2 weeks. I think that was because we weren't making any metres up the guts, especially in the first half. Too much sideways running by the backs early in the count. And brisbane were giving as good as they got in defence. They seemed more intense than the rorters or storm

Tiger05

First Grade

He wasn't good last night but Brooks stepped up. Benji being out is huge but I think Gamble should be able to slot in. We do have a tonne of depth in most positions. Unfortunately we need some better outside backs and Liddle back and firing.

Just looked at news.com.au,

One comical set with 10 minutes remaining in the half summed up the debacle. First a Luke Brooks pass intended for Benji Marshall went to ground and after the Tigers five-eighth collected it, he tried to pass but the ball fell out of his hands and hit the deck next to his boots.

Not to worry, they’ll get it next time, right? Wrong.

From the very next ruck Marshall’s attempt to switch the play went astray when his pass again found grass rather than a teammate. The loose ball was picked up and a short ball found Brooks before he too suffered a case of the fumbles and knocked on.
The ball 'falling' out of Benji's hands, it was certainly a scary moment, I thought at that point that the game was gone.

And the penalty.

Channel Nine commentators Brad Fittler, Andrew Johns and Phil Gould all blew up about the decision to give a penalty at that stage of the game.

“It was a poor penalty, without a doubt,” Fittler said. “If he (the marker) gets out to the person and gives him no chance to kick it then you say, ‘You know what, you cheated,’ but he didn’t seem to be anywhere near Jamayne whe he kicked it.

“Why did he (the referee) pick that moment to make his penalty?

“To have a finish like that disappoints me about our game.”

“That was a really poor decision.”

Johns said “there seems to be no feel for the game” while Gould was the most furious of the lot.

“I watched really closely from the time the game got to 6-6,” Gould said. “We’d had a lot of penalties and I wanted to see how many penalties weren’t going to be given in the next little period.

“They could have given a penalty at any time on any play the ball in the last seven or eight minutes ... you could have picked up a dozen penalties yet we pick one then and there.

“To have a finish like that disappoints me about our game.”

Clifferd

Coach
If Reynolds isn’t fit, and by the looks of it Marshall will be out

Time to blood gamble.

Taylor should be back too

Clifferd

Coach
Read last week Taylor could be out for a month...seems a typical stretch for a hammy injury

Is it really bad? I thought it was just a cork

Injuries really crucifying us early in the season, just glad we have the depth. Atleast we have a solid turn over for next game

I’ve read reports Liddle and Reynolds should be right to play next, but listening to his interviews the last week the feel I get it he’ll be another 2-3

Benji also seems in doubt...ffs time to blood gamble I guess.

Vozzy

Juniors
At least the side/squad/club is going in the right direction. Fixing the defence was number 1 priority and it at least gives us a chance to win every game even if attack hasn't clicked. In saying that with such a new starting 17 and lack of big match experience having your spine out after practising all pre season is tough then having your centre move from centre to wing to fullback in one half meaning all our offloads and second phase play was poor. It's still a rebuilding year can't drop anyone ATM from a defensive point of view but when injuries have occurred Reynolds tui Benji now Taylor etc the team hasn't dropped intensity.

Also our completion rate against Roosters and Storm was 30/38 I think we completed a lot worse last night if we attacked like we did against storm/roosters probably would have given more scoring opportunities despite only scoring 1 try in each game.

Chance to watch Gamble go round this arvo before he gets to play against Parra next week.

Reserve grade kickoff for the match is at 1:00pm AEDT with live coverage via Channel 9.

Clifferd

Coach
Chance to watch Gamble go round this arvo before he gets to play against Parra next week.

Reserve grade kickoff for the match is at 1:00pm AEDT with live coverage via Channel 9.

Another good game from him today and I can’t see him not in the team next week

Hope the kid goes well

Tiger05

First Grade

Thanks for this. I just got home and I'm going to put it on.

Latest posts