What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Broncos @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bird's try should've been allowed....

So it wouldn't have even got to golden point!!

You guys say I melt at bad calls but look at yourselves!!!

Seriously merkin, suck an exhaust pipe. You spend more time in here trolling Tigers fans than anything else. Wonder why that is?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Go to the official forum... Still images show his foot on the line, should've been our scrum feed.

Just when you think you've seen it all. .. I just can believe that impostor Klown pulls that shit outta his arse to decide a game. Fkn unbelievable

Mate, can't find the thread or the post. Are you able to cut the photo over?

Clifferd

Coach
7. Brooks
6. Lolohea

Against Eels probably

I’m not against that combo, they did seem to combine well at the back end of last year

Brooks will have to take on a lot more responsibility though

Tigerm

First Grade
7. Brooks
6. Lolohea

Against Eels probably

I’m not against that combo, they did seem to combine well at the back end of last year

We'll see what he has learnt then.:D

super_coach

First Grade
Is it really bad? I thought it was just a cork

Injuries really crucifying us early in the season, just glad we have the depth. Atleast we have a solid turn over for next game

I’ve read reports Liddle and Reynolds should be right to play next, but listening to his interviews the last week the feel I get it he’ll be another 2-3

Benji also seems in doubt...ffs time to blood gamble I guess.

Might be wrong, but thought they said ET was a hammy strain and 4 weeks on the sideline...but I would not put money on it, I may have mixed it up with another article

Tiger Ted

Bench
7. Brooks
6. Lolohea

Against Eels probably

If LoLo is fit that is the most likely halves combo next wk assuming Benji can’t play although I haven’t come across any info re injury update for Benji.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I might be Robinson Crusoe here but I reckon BIrd's try was legit. The ball wasn't bouncing and his hand wasn't travelling sideways so it would be downward pressure. Its my opinion and I stand by it.

I also think the Bronco winger stepped out before they got the Penalty that levelled the score and the last penalty was joke.

It appears I have agreed with a Souffs fan so I am going to have a shower and throw up.

Vozzy

Juniors
Just need to bounce back if we lose to parra who arnt in form then the broncos game doesn't matter cos if it was the storm they would be filthy after a loss like that and come out and smash parra it's what good teams do.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Like everyone I am wrapped with our defence. So far as our attack, I really think it is too hard to say at the moment how it is because when you look at who we have played, they finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd last year, so do they deserve credit for their defence? At the end of the day, had the goal post not interfered with Thompson we score under the post and probably go on an win the game.

If/When our attack is only producing one try against the teams that were in the last places last year we would be right in complaining. Until we come up against those weaker teams we can't judge things relating to our attack...that is my thoughts on it.

So far as depth I was really happy thinking if someone went down we would have an easy decision who would replace them. Some of these reserves (Fonua et al) just seem that step down to what we really need to boost the team.

Anyway, we are going OK at the moment, lets see how we go over the next few weeks.

Oh yeah, for 80 odd minutes I had a tissue ready for you Charlatan, I thought you may have cum good on your earlier comment lol.

They admit they got it wrong.

The NRL has conceded the match-deciding penalty call against Wests Tigers on Friday night against Brisbane was "incorrect" as the whistleblowers come under further scrutiny after a controversial start to the season.

Referee Ashley Klein penalised Tigers forward Robbie Rochow for not standing square at marker in the sixth minute of golden point. Broncos winger Jamayne Isaako kicked the penalty goal to hand his side a 9-7 victory.

The decision stunned Tigers coach Ivan Cleary and shattered his side’s hopes of an unbeaten start to the season.

Having reviewed the decision, referees’ boss Bernard Sutton declared his officials got it wrong.

"Ultimately, the penalty was incorrect," Sutton told Fairfax Media. "There are a couple of contributing factors to how the referees came to that decision.

"Initially, Robbie Rochow doesn’t start square, but he does adjust as the play-the-ball happens.

"The other thing is when [Joe] Ofahengaue plays the ball, after playing it he steps towards the left. It gives the illusion to the referees that [Robbie] Rochow is standing standing beside, but he actually does adjust to the point where the ball is to be played.

“Ultimately, it’s incorrect.”

Sutton contacted Cleary on Saturday morning to inform the club of the NRL’s verdict on the call.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...houldn-t-have-been-given-20180324-p4z61m.html

Tiger Ted

Bench
Inconsequential for us as we don’t receive any valuable premiership points due to the monumental refereeing blunders(includes penalty that levelled score after dickhead officials missed the broncos winger passing ball while foot over sideline & they penalised us).

The least the pathetic NRL should do is drop the pissant Klein but rest assured they won’t.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I might be Robinson Crusoe here but I reckon BIrd's try was legit. The ball wasn't bouncing and his hand wasn't travelling sideways so it would be downward pressure. Its my opinion and I stand by it.

I also think the Bronco winger stepped out before they got the Penalty that levelled the score and the last penalty was joke.

It appears I have agreed with a Souffs fan so I am going to have a shower and throw up.
Just accept you're wrong and move on.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I was at a wedding last night so only saw bits and parts. Watched it back tonight. Easily the worst we’ve played this year. Don’t doubt our heart and the defence was phononomel (what about nofas tackle on Opacic) I know points will come but we’ve only got ourselves to blame imo. We had heaps of ball at the broncos end and didn’t really look like scoring. We need to attack better so one horrible ref call doesn’t end up costing us a game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Also the biggest issue we have is hooker, by a mile. The amount of times I saw Brooks in particular get the ball 1m above his shoulder, to his right etc was a joke. The service from both the guys atm is horrible. If we had Liddle last night we win. God I hope he’s back this week.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
NRL referees demoted for Wests Tigers golden point penalty botch

TWO referees have been demoted this week after making the wrong decision in the Wests Tigers’ controversial loss to Brisbane on Friday night.

NRL referees boss Bernie Sutton admitted over the weekend his whistle-blowers wrongly penalised the Wests Tigers in their contentious loss and the officials have paid the price.

Ashley Klein, who blew the penalty against Robbie Rochow for not being square at marker in golden point, has been demoted to an assistant referee this week as a result of his decision.

Matt Noyen, who was assistant referee, has been relegated to touch judge duties for Round 4.

Sutton said the way Broncos forward Joe Ofahengaue had played the ball on Friday night contributed to Rochow being ruled to not have stood square by Klein.

“I’ve spoken to the two referees involved,” Sutton told NRL.com.

“As a result Ashley has been dropped this weekend and he’ll be an assist referee and Matt Noyen won’t referee as one of the top 16 in the NRL this weekend.”

Gee, isn't that nice!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/e80e52e05b8ee348d368e28817847bde

Clifferd

Coach
So Tigers would have had a 7 tackle set with about 2 mins on the clock

Why can’t the NRL Step in here and just give both teams 1 point each? Both teams were about even anyway.

Really unfair that our boys busted their asses for 88 mins to be dudded by a refs call