What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to be sold?

Iafeta

Referee
Very.

This Fale guy sounds completely out of his mind. I've heard he plans to sack Cameron George (why? He's only dipping his toes in and seems good thus far), plans to sack SK and hire a SuperCoach (who?), is saying he wants Taumalolo (yes, but he has 9 years to run on his contract), and it seems to me wants to assemble a Tongan super team.

Most of it sounds like illogical rubbish. I want someone owning the club to have an understanding of the club and competition. Now another crazed Owen Glenn type.

Preference for me remains Auckland Rugby League.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Very.

This Fale guy sounds completely out of his mind. I've heard he plans to sack Cameron George (why? He's only dipping his toes in and seems good thus far), plans to sack SK and hire a SuperCoach (who?), is saying he wants Taumalolo (yes, but he has 9 years to run on his contract), and it seems to me wants to assemble a Tongan super team.

Most of it sounds like illogical rubbish. I want someone owning the club to have an understanding of the club and competition. Now another crazed Owen Glenn type.

If we start coming good and then this happens I'd probably be done with the club.

Have a horrible feeling about this group.

ozenzud

Juniors
Very.

I have no idea whether these new guys are going to be good or otherwise, but living in Wellington we have the same reticence to the ARL owning the warriors. The ARL basically would not give a rats about the rest of the Country and do absolutely nothing for RL outside of Auckland. that said, I understand the ARL is about looking after the Auckland RL, but the NZRL should, but they don't and thats why its in the state it is.

One Warrior

Bench
In case anyone is interested, Richard Fale was answering peopother questions over on the other forum, was quite interesting and alleviated a few concerns I had.

Cold Roses

Juniors
In case anyone is interested, Richard Fale was answering peopother questions over on the other forum, was quite interesting and alleviated a few concerns I had.

Really don't know what to make of that. He's making all the right noises, but I still get a bad feeling about it. And it just feels like it's happening at the worst possible time. We've potentially turned the corner, and the circus comes to town.

Blair

Coach
Deja vu Tainui..

Was that around '98 to '00? Because they were my Warriors 'lost years'. I don't recall a thing. I do remember a mate saying he 'drove out to Penrith to see the Warriors play' and my first thought was, 'why the hell would you do that for?'

I'm not proud of being indifferent to my team back then, but I was.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Was that around '98 to '00? Because they were my Warriors 'lost years'. I don't recall a thing. I do remember a mate saying he 'drove out to Penrith to see the Warriors play' and my first thought was, 'why the hell would you do that for?'

I'm not proud of being indifferent to my team back then, but I was.

Yep. The last few years of the Auckland Warriors. Grim times.

Skinner

Coach
They got what they wanted.....great.....now sit there and don't touch a damn thing.
Yes, I think the timing stinks......I don't like the sound of this character much. Chucking
his weight around already. They might as well be an Australian franchise now. They
won't be the New Zealand Warriors anymore.

Rich102

Staff member
"The ARL had been in discussions with former Kiwis coach Graham Lowe, who was a part owner of the Warriors in the 1990s and the club's former CEO Wayne Scurrah."

Really? The ARL really is out of touch!

Skinner

Coach
I now seein the NZ Herald that the Warriors (Jim Doyle) are denying that any deal has been done.