What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
How good was Marsters. Last pass in three tries.

He was good but he should have run rather than pass to Thompson on one of those tries. He took the wrong option but Thompson is such a gun he scored anyway.

Marsters has been one of our best all season.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
He was good but he should have run rather than pass to Thompson on one of those tries. He took the wrong option but Thompson is such a gun he scored anyway.

Marsters has been one of our best all season.
Agreed, but the fact Marsters still passed shows faith in the winger.

WT Unity

Juniors
Just catching up with the forum and everyone's thoughts and agree with most that it was a great first 60 and a poor last 20. I was out there and it looked to me as though the team was a bit "confused" when they found themselves leading by 24 points as opposed to being in an arm wrestle that was going down to the wire, and in reality I suppose it would have been a new experience for many of them.

3 POINTS FROM YESTERDAY
  1. Whilst I love what Benji is doing I thought he should have been better in the last 20 minutes when we needed his new found 'game management' skills. I thought the two errors he came up with that gifted possession and field position to Parra set a bad example to the rest of the team . As our 'game manager' he should have closed out the game more clinically and taken more control and guided us through the last quarter of the game.
  2. Nofa has to came back in and I think it needs to be MWZ who makes way. MWZ is whole hearted and gives his all but Nofa is simply better. MWZ has strated going a bit sideways when hitting it up coming out of our red zone and gets pushed backwards and then a very slow play the ball follows. He's shelled a couple of passes now in try scoring situations and I think in terms of defence he and Nofa are line ball but Nofa's running game is far superior.
  3. Liddle really impressed - The more game time for him as his fitness improves will give us some additional spark in attack around the ruck.
This weeks short turn around which includes a trip to NZ will prove extremely difficult (if not insurmountable) in terms of playing a Storm side that played on Friday night giving them a 3 day advantage. Talk about being shafted by the draw!

Front-Rower

First Grade
Yeah I don’t like the fact we took our foot off the throat for the last 20 mins, seemed like we fell back into old bad habits. But after we got out to our lead, I was pretty confident we’d roll them. They looked fckin shot.

This game kind of reminded me of that game at Parramatta in 2012 when we lead 31-0 with about 20 to go and won 31-30.

3 critical errors really allowed them to get back into the game in the last 25;

* From memory there was about 22 mins to go and at 30-6 I thought there was an opporutnity to slot a field goal to just rub a bit of salt in to the wound and get a bit of practice in. Instead we turned over possession meekly and they went 100 metres up field and scored (or went close)

* Benji’s brain explosion from dummy half throwing the long forward pass giving them great field position

* Naiqama getting pinged for an incorrect PTB leading to a try

Hopefully Ivan can iron out these little bugs.

In that last 20 at times we just needed a forward to just it up but to no avail,IMO I would pick another prop (JJ) to come on the bench rather than go into the match with four backrowers.

Vozzy

Juniors
I thought our bench was fantastic yesterday they added spark after the first 20min of a grind was a good balance. I thought Godinet had one if his better games and late in the first half parra forwards were gassed liddle was good. Was a good balance. Twal, Aloiai and MCK went forward. MCK in the last 20 has been a handful 2 weeks in a row. I find it hard to fault anyone at the moment. Goal kicking was best I have seen since Hodgson days. With Reynolds I can't drop anyone at this stage in a position he plays maybe for Godinet when liddle has a few more games and can play 70-80 and have Reynolds as the utility.

I would like Reynolds to have a hit out in Reggies just to get match fit also. Then start him off the bench in round 6.

I still see Reynolds as the 5/8 long term with Benji his game management can still be used in the last 10min of each half.

Vic Mackey

Referee
3 critical errors really allowed them to get back into the game in the last 25;

* From memory there was about 22 mins to go and at 30-6 I thought there was an opporutnity to slot a field goal to just rub a bit of salt in to the wound and get a bit of practice in. Instead we turned over possession meekly and they went 100 metres up field and scored (or went close)

Agree, I was filthy at that.

It was when they got to 30-12 with about 16 mins to go. You’re exactly right a field goal would have wrapped it up as they weren’t going to score 4 more tries.

It actually looked like they were setting for one with Brooks on about the 3rd but then Benji pushed him wide and they tried some stupid play that didn’t come off.

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought our bench was fantastic yesterday they added spark after the first 20min of a grind was a good balance. I thought Godinet had one if his better games and late in the first half parra forwards were gassed liddle was good. Was a good balance. Twal, Aloiai and MCK went forward. MCK in the last 20 has been a handful 2 weeks in a row. I find it hard to fault anyone at the moment. Goal kicking was best I have seen since Hodgson days. With Reynolds I can't drop anyone at this stage in a position he plays maybe for Godinet when liddle has a few more games and can play 70-80 and have Reynolds as the utility.

I would like Reynolds to have a hit out in Reggies just to get match fit also. Then start him off the bench in round 6.

I still see Reynolds as the 5/8 long term with Benji his game management can still be used in the last 10min of each half.

MCK has really impressed. He seems to come on and have an impact every game. Twal was great. Aloiai to me has been a little disappointing but I'm expecting him to fire. I noticed that Aloiai seemed to play tighter against Parra and I think he made less mistakes because of that. Maybe that is his spot. Maybe he just needs some more game time.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Ok, we are 3 out of 4 (could be 4 out of 4), we were hoping (as supporters) for a 3-3 (4) split after 6 (or 7) at the start of the comp given the draw if we had.

Now hoping we can get one or two more wins up by around 7. It will put us in a good position for the remainder of the comp.

Also great to see the State Cup side putting pressure on the players in 1st grade to keep performing.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Ok, we are 3 out of 4 (could be 4 out of 4), we were hoping (as supporters) for a 3-3 (4) split after 6 (or 7) at the start of the comp given the draw if we had.

Now hoping we can get one or two more wins up by around 7. It will put us in a good position for the remainder of the comp.

Also great to see the State Cup side putting pressure on the players in 1st grade to keep performing.

At first glance Kev was hard done by with the play the ball penalty he was pushed right?

What seriously pissed me off was all the forward passes Parra got away with in the final 20 minutes it was ridiculous.

Tiger05

First Grade

I think a lot of us thought we would be lucky to jag a win over the first 6 rounds.

At first glance Kev was hard done by with the play the ball penalty he was pushed right?

What seriously pissed me off was all the forward passes Parra got away with in the final 20 minutes it was ridiculous.

To be fair Liddle was throwing 50/50s most of the afternoon.

Latest posts