What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 5 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I didn’t attend any Warrriors games last year. As an away fan it’s just depressing going to opposition territory to support a team that isn’t competitive.

The last Warriors first grade game I went to last year was v Parra. We knew we could've won it but we also knew we'd most likely lose it, and we did. Yes, it was very demoralising.

Different vibe this year. Although, the Warriors could be entering a three-game losing streak, beginninig today. That'd make us 4-3 from our first seven. A pass mark, but not something the fair-weather fan would think they'd need to be part of come round eight.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Tigers v Storm at Mt Smart. Melbourne would have the most support, no?

Cleary will be very focused (as they are) but no doubt he'll have a quiet moment when he reflects on all those years in our coach's box. He did so much for the club.

I'm glad he's not plotting to stop our winning streak today.

Blair

Coach
Personal message me any good streaming sites, please. The one up and running last year seems to not work this year.

Today's the first game this year where I can get on the beer! (Work has cruelled that prospect up until now).

Rich102

Staff member
Tigers v Storm at Mt Smart. Melbourne would have the most support, no?

Cleary will be very focused (as they are) but no doubt he'll have a quiet moment when he reflects on all those years in our coach's box. He did so much for the club.

I'm glad he's not plotting to stop our winning streak today.

I would think the Tigers would be the crowd favorites. But then, what would I know.
Go the mighty Vodafone Warriors. (I renewed my membership.)

Blair

Coach
...Go the mighty Vodafone Warriors. (I renewed my membership.)

Bloody glory boy! :)

The first half of last week at the SFS I was sat to the side of the supporters bay just quietly people watching. I chuckled at three guys in particular.

One was wearing a 2002 jersey, another 2008, and the third was all decked out like it was, gloriously, 2011 again. Each jersey looked like it'd been worn about twice.

I might've been wrong but I reckon those respective jerseys, along with their wearers, have been put in storage all that time.

Second half and, if you know me, I needed to be where the action was. I waited for everyone to settle in again, did a quick eyebrow-raise to Rubes as he too went to the action bay, then saw an aisle seat right behind the main Warrior Nation guys that had my name on it. Best day ever.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Bloody glory boy! :)

The first half of last week at the SFS I was sat to the side of the supporters bay just quietly people watching. I chuckled at three guys in particular.

One was wearing a 2002 jersey, another 2008, and the third was all decked out like it was, gloriously, 2011 again. Each jersey looked like it'd been worn about twice.

I might've been wrong but I reckon those respective jerseys, along with their wearers, have been put in storage all that time.

Second half and, if you know me, I needed to be where the action was. I waited for everyone to settle in again, did a quick eyebrow-raise to Rubes as he too went to the action bay, then saw an aisle seat right behind the main Warrior Nation guys that had my name on it. Best day ever.
Best game day experience I've ever had as a warriors fan

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Personal message me any good streaming sites, please. The one up and running last year seems to not work this year.

Today's the first game this year where I can get on the beer! (Work has cruelled that prospect up until now).

You got a tablet? Just use the NRL app, doesn’t cost much to just pay for one week.

Blair

Coach
"Kaufusi running into Matulino".

A bit weird hearing that at Mt Smart, knowing the Warriors aren't playing.

In regard to Matulino, commentators are saying he's 'trimmed down a lot, has his foot speed back, and really looks like a player that needed a change'.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Tigers making 'old' Warriors errors. Like Godinet throwing a "horrific" forward pass a few metres out from his goal-line, gifting Slater a try just before half-time.

8-4 now Melbourne. It should've been 4-2 half-time lead to Tigers.

JJ

Immortal
Melbourne, Cowboys, Cronulla, and Roosters all have huge improvements in them

That's the worry for the Dragons, Warriors, Tigers - who are playing at close to their ceilings - be great if they can maintain it, but I think they might be overtaken...

Melbourne, Cowboys, Cronulla, and Roosters all have huge improvements in them

That's the worry for the Dragons, Warriors, Tigers - who are playing at close to their ceilings - be great if they can maintain it, but I think they might be overtaken...
I don't feel we are there yet and have improvement. It's not like we are missing less than 10 tackles a game, 2-3 errors and 2 or less penalties.

Roosters, Storm and Sharks have had key position changes.

Cows when they click could be very dangerous. Just not sure how Morgan and JT are going together.

Blair

Coach
C'mon Tigers, get a droppie in this seven-tackle set.

10-all, six mins to go.

JJ

Immortal
I don't feel we are there yet and have improvement. It's not like we are missing less than 10 tackles a game, 2-3 errors and 2 or less penalties.

Roosters, Storm and Sharks have had key position changes.

Cows when they click could be very dangerous. Just not sure how Morgan and JT are going together.
We're there in the first half tonight!!!!