What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Storm @ Mt Smart Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
by the sounds of this thread no tigers "fans" even bothered watching because they thought it would be a thrashing
I don't think anyone here considered we would thrash them, just a bit hard to get excited when you are playing the bottom sides, like them and the eels.

And we all know what Parramatta fans are doing...awaiting the arrival of the latest wooden spoon catalogue so they can add to there collection...lol

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Reports today that the footy whisperer is now hanging around the Parra players. Can things get any worse for them?

Clifferd

Coach
Was anybody else extremely confident we'd close it out when it got to 10 all?

We seemed calm whilst the Storm looked panicked. The team trusts each other and know how to get it done.

I only caught the last 20 mins, even 10-4 down I was reasonably confident we’d snatch it

Liddle will have to start next week, Godinet is not FG standard.

Reynolds in the 14 to ease the load on Liddle and add another runner into the mix.

Tiger05

First Grade
Por que no los dos?

Room can be found for all four, none of them can or should miss out.

Someone has to miss out. I think Chee-Kam has to be in the team. We need a hooker/utility on the bench, ET is a definite starter and that leaves 4 spots for 5 players.

Maybe MCK gets dropped in favour of Aloiai but Aloiai had a great game playing up the middle rather than playing on the edge. On the edge Aloiai has been pretty poor whereas Chee-Kam has been great.

I honestly would drop one of Twal or Eisenhuth even though they've been great.

Clifferd

Coach
Someone has to miss out. I think Chee-Kam has to be in the team. We need a hooker/utility on the bench, ET is a definite starter and that leaves 4 spots for 5 players.

Maybe MCK gets dropped in favour of Aloiai but Aloiai had a great game playing up the middle rather than playing on the edge. On the edge Aloiai has been pretty poor whereas Chee-Kam has been great.

No way you drop Twal or the Huth, they lay the platform for our team whilst Packerlino are off the park. Very important to our front row rotation

Chee Kam would be the unlucky one for me, because Taylor is simply too good to leave out. But I wouldn’t be disheartened if I was MCK as he’ll have plenty of chances in the future

tiger102

Juniors
What about this for our bench.
14. Aloiai
15. Chee- Kam
16.Twal
17. Braden Robson ( as our hooker/utility )

I know we have to upgrade his contract, we do have three spots to fill.

magpie_man

Juniors
Why not start Liddle and move ET into dummy-half when he needs a spell?

9. Liddle
13. Taylor

14. Eisenhuth
15. Chee-Kam
16. Twal
17. Aloiai

Clifferd

Coach
Reynolds will be back next week too remember. He’ll probs be there abouts

1. Lolohea
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Naiquama
5. Nofoluama/MWZ
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Einsenhuth
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Rochow
13. Taylor

14. Marshall
15. Twal
16. Aloiai
17. Chee Kam

Reynolds to replace Liddle after 20-25 mins and Marshall to come into the halves

Is what I feel might happen

Front-Rower

First Grade
I just finished watching the replay as I couldn’t get to a TV yesterday and I had to say how did we win this but after letting it sink I would say:

* Defence - Brilliant, stunning, we really frustrated the life out Melbourne

* Brooks - Running game was fantastic. Tested the opposition every time he took the line on

* Field goal - An area that we have traditionally struggled in the last 5 years has suddenly become on of our strengths as evident yesterday and against the Broncos. It was pleasing to hear Marshall comment that they have been practising and have a strategy

* Packer and Matalino - Front rowers who hit the line and hit hard in defence warm my heart, unlike some of the powder puffs we have had to endure in the past like Chris Patterson and that bloke who just went to the dogs...

On the flip side:

* We desperately need an organiser in the halves. Marshall and Brooks are both fantastic runners of the ball. Neither, in my opinion, are great organisers in attack and this is partly the reason our attack is dysfunctional. Hopefully Reynolds can plug the gap here

* I’m not sold on MWZ however he holds his position in the defensive line. If Noffa can learn, and learn quickly not to rush in off of his wing, he should get his spot back by seasons end

* Tui - I like the guy, I think he has a lot of talent though he does come across a bit lazy. I’m not sure if fullback is his go tbh but he is needed for his goal kicking so I don’t know if he should get the bullet just yet. Possibly an opportunity for Noffa to play fullback but not sure

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’d hold Reynolds back a week even after he is 100% fit. The last 12 months have been a real issue for him with his hamstrings. They are a horrible reoccurring injury, he is 29 next week and we’ve got him for the next 4 years.

Godinet has to go. I’d look at starting ET at 9 for the first 25 then have Liddle come on for a prop, push Aloiai up and ET to 13.

Sadly looks like Packers out for a bit

8. Eisenhuth
9. Taylor
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Rochow
13. Aloiai

14. Twal
15. MCK
16. Grant/Sue
17. Liddle

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watched the replay.
I thought Brooks was good in attack, considering the opposition. Marshal didn't play to previous standards, I think Reynolds will help here.
MWZ was credited with most runs and run meters for the backs in this game. I just can't find an argument to replace any one (except Godinet, he is not the 9 answer) ATM.
Looks like Packer will be out, so some changes will be required.
I thought Tui's last play (catching the ball with a foot in goal) won us the game. He will never be a "Teddy" will he:)

Das Hassler

Bench
The decisions around Benj..Reynolds etc won't be tbe biggest facing Ivan this year. ....Brooks v Nathan will end up being his toughest by season's end

Tiger Ted

Bench
The decisions around Benj..Reynolds etc won't be tbe biggest facing Ivan this year. ....Brooks v Nathan will end up being his toughest by season's end
Nathan Cleary followed by daylight.

If Brooks continues to improve & plays consistently well then u’d have 7- Nathan & 6- Brooks.Its possible in 2 yrs that we could b shopping Reynolds around.

Sorry mate I don't agree. Packer and Mats have to be there, ET is starting lock, Twal and Hazelwood on the bench. Aloiai has to be there for his impact and we'll likely carry Reynolds on the bench when he is ready to go (I don't believe Benji will be moved.)

MCK is the odd man out, and it's a good headache to have.

Just watched the replay.
I thought Brooks was good in attack, considering the opposition. Marshal didn't play to previous standards, I think Reynolds will help here.
MWZ was credited with most runs and run meters for the backs in this game. I just can't find an argument to replace any one (except Godinet, he is not the 9 answer) ATM.
Looks like Packer will be out, so some changes will be required.
I thought Tui's last play (catching the ball with a foot in goal) won us the game. He will never be a "Teddy" will he:)

Brooks has been been steadily on the improve the last two or three games, he is really coming on in attack. Defensively he is rock solid for a half.

Latest posts