What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 5 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We're there in the first half tonight!!!!
Weren’t in the second though. If we put that first half form together for 80, we’re peaking.

Donkeys yet to trouble the scoreboard at half time.... which tells me we can take them next week.

Weren’t in the second though. If we put that first half form together for 80, we’re peaking.

Donkeys yet to trouble the scoreboard at half time.... which tells me we can take them next week.

We should.
Let's hope we dont get complacent.
Or Bennett calls them soft!!!!

Blair

Coach
15-10 to Knights, another serious question asked about another of the 2018 favourites. Should the Broncos be losing these games?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yep. Tigers win both games over Storm. Wow.
Ivan know how to beat the Storm.
0-4 with tips this week!!!

It's just incredible what Ivan has done already there. Two wins over the Storm, in Melbourne and in Auckland - Referee Smith's 300th and Bellamy's 400th. With a rebuilt roster.

I know Kearney is now up to speed and coaching well but it further shows the idiocy of those in charge that didn't appoint Cleary. He was always going to do well wherever he went.

And my bet with a mate for a slab of beers that the Tigers would make the 8 is looking hot.

It's just incredible what Ivan has done already there. Two wins over the Storm, in Melbourne and in Auckland - Referee Smith's 300th and Bellamy's 400th. With a rebuilt roster.

I know Kearney is now up to speed and coaching well but it further shows the idiocy of those in charge that didn't appoint Cleary. He was always going to do well wherever he went.

And my bet with a mate for a slab of beers that the Tigers would make the 8 is looking hot.

Tigers have had least points scored against them.
Solid defensive team.

Will be interesting when we play them at home in round 9 potentially to beat club record winning streak.

Blair

Coach
Tigers have had least points scored against them.
Solid defensive team.

Will be interesting when we play them at home in round 9 potentially to beat club record winning streak.

Well, I'm not sure an Uncle Ivan-coached side has lost to the Warriors. We did discuss this a while back but I've forgotten the outcome.

Another hoodoo about to be broken, perhaps.

Blair

Coach
...Bennett is past his use by date. Move him on.

Let's not pre-empt anything but with JT looking old, the Storm looking flat, the Broncos disjointed, Bennett very 'move-on-able', etc, etc, this season is shaping up as quite a shift from the usual order.

Blair

Coach
A quite incredible NRL Rd 5 ladder when you think about it:

27443876098_4bddbfe0e8_c.jpg

Saw this in an NRL dragons article.

Only 20 teams have won their first four matches in NRL history and 14 of them have finished in the top four, while four have won the grand final.

Not sure of stats on 5 wins.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Interesting that the Dragons posted that, they were 5-0 last year and missed the eight didn't they? Or 2016.

We did beat Ivan once that I remember, 30-20 or so at home in 2014? Otherwise he's owned us. We bear no resemblance to Warriors of old now so it won't be as easy a scouting mission

jaseg

Juniors
Saw this in an NRL dragons article.

Only 20 teams have won their first four matches in NRL history and 14 of them have finished in the top four, while four have won the grand final.

Not sure of stats on 5 wins.

Dunno about the whole of the NRL era, but in the last 5 years there have been 3 teams to go 5-0 to start the season - 2017 Storm (finished 1st + won grand final), 2013 Storm (3rd) & 2013 Souths (2nd).