What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

playdaball

Bench
Like having no job and unable to support your family, pay medical bills & pay two daughters education (Kiwis In Oz remember)?
Strong lady, strong family, and a decision made by them all by the looks. Don't know but guessing a lot of whanau support over where they've been living for some time or the decision would have been different?

His daughters may have been born in Aussie so entitled to free education?

sup42

Juniors
FO stands for Five and O.

The way we used identicate plays back to back against Canberra to win...the way the players said they were calm and confident they could still win....

I thought to myself....which Alien species has abducted the Warriors squad ?

Probably the Borg...Kearneys process is a Hive mind.

JJ

Immortal
Touche,,,

If, heaven forbid, they strung together 5 losses, how quickly would this group re-form?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I've said this before but it's only fair if we bash the bloke around when he was underperforming, we laud him when he's clearly doing a great job. It's early days and 5 wins doesn't get you in the 8 let alone the 4, but I think we're all very quietly optimistic that the outstanding fitness levels, the solid systems, combinations and confidence in this side will have us in good stead going forward.

I was going to say unless injury hits, but even then our depth looks decent? Even in the halves Lino has shown himself to be good depth cover, back row we're looking good, prop we're OK, maybe only if Issac went down we'd be light in a quality hooker?

sup42

Juniors
I've said this before but it's only fair if we bash the bloke around when he was underperforming, we laud him when he's clearly doing a great job. It's early days and 5 wins doesn't get you in the 8 let alone the 4, but I think we're all very quietly optimistic that the outstanding fitness levels, the solid systems, combinations and confidence in this side will have us in good stead going forward.

I was going to say unless injury hits, but even then our depth looks decent? Even in the halves Lino has shown himself to be good depth cover, back row we're looking good, prop we're OK, maybe only if Issac went down we'd be light in a quality hooker?
Really looking forward to seeing Lawton come on as well.

Luke
Lawton
Roach
Cherington
Tevanga

They certainly have recruited depth in all positions in the team.

Based on what Kearneys done with the Kiwis, combining TL and Luke on the field at the same time as DH, it would not surprise me to see our bench carry as many as two spare dummy halves, especially since we are not shy to move away from carrying a lot of size on our bench. They keep going on about energy...Tevangas tackling gives them the luxury of having two small mobile men on the bench. What I mean by that is Tevanga defends like a big man anyway and his overall impact matches a big guy in terms of that roll on he sets up for Isaac Luke.

Lawton to be fair was seen as more of a back row forward than a Hooker, again the mind boggles as to what happens when he pushes his way into first grade.

Watch how Isaac Like runs straight after Tevanga and catches the retiring line out....there is a deliberate partnership going on there.

Skinner

Coach

At this point, i would say that the improvement has been quite visible
but, it is only Round 6, and most of the season is in front of them. Kearneys
greatest challenge lies ahead of him, and that of course is maintaining the
winning form.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
winning form.

Absolutely right. Mental application being the greatest fallibility of ours in the past. All I'm saying is we clearly have the structures, the fitness, the right combinations etc. If we don't deliver from hereon in, that's the monkey on our backs again. The top 2 inches.

I'm not getting carried away about the start personally, not at least in terms of where we might finish. I'm just excited that we look well coached, fit and there's a real sense of harmony in our club. None of us have felt like this for 6-7 years and we deserve it a bit of optimism after years of crap.

vvvrulz

Coach
we deserve it a bit of optimism after years of crap.

And that's what I tell people who ask me "where are all the fans coming from suddenly".
I'm all for everyone jumping on the bandwagon, most of us were quietly (or vocally) still around.

Warriors fans have had to endure a lot, these six weeks are long overdue payback for the years of faith.

winning form.

I'm still waiting for that feeling of "we are going to blow this somehow!" to go away in the middle of the game.
I'm not sure it will go this season???

How we bounce back from our first loss will be a big measure of how we are going.

We have a solid run coming up.
Broncos
Dragons
Storm (away and short turn around)
Tigers
Roosters

Lucky most at home.
Our first loss could easily be in the next 5 games.
Just hope we can meet Dragons undefeated for a top of table clash.

sup42

Juniors
They have found what works for the type of players they have.They aren't going to suddenly un discover the answers.

What you see now is what you'll get all season.

As long as they dont have catastrophic injuries, they will only get stronger as they become more practiced at the formula.

They are on their way finally.

No false Dawn's. Losses wont bother them, they've shown already that they adapt to different pressure scenarios calmly and ruthlessly.

That's how they will take on the whole comp, they mean business.

ozbash

Referee
The acid test will be when we have lost a couple..
The team will be riding high now ( and rightfully so), but it won't last forever..

Latest posts