What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Broncos rd6

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
No try in my book. Heel was out.
If you're Australian, and your beloved Wayne Bennetts Broncos aint doing so well and the Warriors are, then thats a try. That heel was on the line.

What about Greens try. The ref goes upstairs for that. That was a clear try.

spear tackle

Juniors
I can't say I'm too upset about the loss, if you look back to before the season started I wouldn't have said we were going to have a run of wins like we have had and I think I said I'd be happy/lucky if we had won 2 by now, so they have exceeded my expectations. The real test will be how the team react now over the next few weeks

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Warriors looked flat fairly early yesterday, but didn't disgrace themselves in the loss which is a big chance from the past couple of years

The difference in the game was Corey Oates, he was near unstoppable at times and took advantage of every limp tackle effort

Gelling is awful, shouldn't see NRL again

vvvrulz

Coach
The Broncos were on a mission and caught us completely off guard by hammering us in the first 10 mins. Can't explain those stupid defensive lapses, but that aside there was no disgrace and we were in the hunt most of the way.

I'm pretty convinced an opponent that switched on would have put 50 on us last year.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kearney said the same in the paper this morning. Just a case of some of the team not quite being 100% prepared and in the zone for the game and Brisbane on the other being revved up and in the mood for it.

Blair

Coach
Kearney said the same in the paper this morning. Just a case of some of the team not quite being 100% prepared and in the zone for the game and Brisbane on the other being revved up and in the mood for it.

That's poor form to me. You're Rd 6 of an NRL season and you're, 1. not quite 100% prepared and 2. not in the zone for the game.

Well, well, well. Did I get the right context? As I'm not trying to be a prick.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's poor form to me. You're Rd 6 of an NRL season and you're, 1. not quite 100% prepared and 2. not in the zone for the game.

It happens. The NRL is a physically and mentally gruelling comp, these guys have never won 5 in a row, it's not unexpected. Can't be up every week, no one ever is. What matters is what they do next week.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

I'm thinking the same. What are we missing here, because that sounds like a bad excuse for a coach to say. Let me explain...

Basically whats a coaches job? to prepare the players both mentally and physically for games.

I'm not reverting back to dissing Kearney again but that excuse (even if it is the truth) needs some ownership and learning from on his part.

Lets hope they're "ready to go" next week.

vvvrulz

Coach
It happens. The NRL is a physically and mentally gruelling comp, these guys have never won 5 in a row, it's not unexpected. Can't be up every week, no one ever is. What matters is what they do next week.

I'm with PW on this one - come on team, relax.

This is a hard competition with no free wins, we've turned our performances from last year quite spectacularly, and Brisbane under Uncle Wayne are nothing to be sneezed at - they threw everything they had at us and it was still a competitive match.

We didn't implode & kept to our well-drilled plan, but in a handful of key points either tried too hard (dropping balls) or too little (those lazy tackles), or our mate Isaac had an Isaac moment etc. It took a combination of smaller wrongs to mess us up rather than fundamental flaws.

If that's our worst day then I'm honestly pretty happy, that beats 90% of the garbage we've served up since our grand final. What will *really* tell a story is how we bounce back on Friday.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Yeah nah, probably my wording of that was wrong. Here’s what he said:

"It's a great lesson for us that regardless of the situation you've still got to make sure that you turn up mentally to get up for the physical battle and challenge," Kearney said.

"I don't think it was everyone, but there were more [players] not quite ready physically tonight than what we've had over the first five weeks. The important thing is the lesson that we take from tonight's loss and it's about making sure that individually and personally, we take some real ownership of the situation, which the lads have, and putting that right.

"That's a mental thing, adjusting your mindset to turn up and making sure that you're prepared to get into the physical side of the game."

I'm thinking the same. What are we missing here, because that sounds like a bad excuse for a coach to say. Let me explain...

Basically whats a coaches job? to prepare the players both mentally and physically for games.

I'm not reverting back to dissing Kearney again but that excuse (even if it is the truth) needs some ownership and learning from on his part.

Lets hope they're "ready to go" next week.
Need captain and leadership group on the field to lift as well.

I still feel it's an excuse.
Not mentally up for it or took it too easy with 2 major injuries and Broncos losing to Titans and Knights.

Caught with our pants down thinking it was going to be an easy night.

Hope we learn a lot from it.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yeah nah, probably my wording of that was wrong. Here’s what he said:

"It's a great lesson for us that regardless of the situation you've still got to make sure that you turn up mentally to get up for the physical battle and challenge," Kearney said.

"I don't think it was everyone, but there were more [players] not quite ready physically tonight than what we've had over the first five weeks. The important thing is the lesson that we take from tonight's loss and it's about making sure that individually and personally, we take some real ownership of the situation, which the lads have, and putting that right.

"That's a mental thing, adjusting your mindset to turn up and making sure that you're prepared to get into the physical side of the game."
Ahh see I honestly didnt even know exactly what he said. That makes a lot of sense. Nice to hear that he speaks about the learnings here.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Need captain and leadership group on the field to lift as well.
Yeah I think that was missing. In attack SJ who is one of the leaders, was trying but ended up looking like headless chicken as the Broncos knew he would be our go-to man. RTS couldve made a try-saver and this is probably an example of the 'boys not showing up' that everyones talking about and its by the captain.

Even the leadership is tempermental.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One thing I found really odd was Lisone getting his chance to start and then playing like he was hungover. Even when he plays badly he usually plays badly with intensity, this week everything he did was half-arsed.

I’d say he was one of the guys Kearney was talking about. Better off the bench IMO. Simon back to the starting lineup, Blair and Paasi can start up front.

Latest posts