What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Officially Out of Semi Finals

Crush

Coach
Yep absolutely. As did Hasler and Maguire. They suddenly didn’t forget how to coach, the players just didn’t do their jobs or the make up of the team was completely wrong.

Coaches aren’t miracle workers.

The reason we’re going well isn’t because Mary has magically become a good coach. It’s largely because Millward has finally assembled a squad for him he can work with.
This is 100% correct. Only as good as the cattle.
I still can't believe that people were criticising Millward saying our recruitment and retention was a mess.
It's genius what he has done.

mickeylane

Bench
This is 100% correct. Only as good as the cattle.
I still can't believe that people were criticising Millward saying our recruitment and retention was a mess.
It's genius what he has done.
The only genuine genius coaches atm are 3 in this order!
Cleary w the Tigers
Mcgregor w Dragons
Kearney w Warriors

xofstgeorge

Juniors
Cleary w the Tigers
Mcgregor w Dragons
Kearney w Warriors
Just log out, forget your password and find another hobby.. or just be happy to read what others say mate.

I don't normally post, but I actually feel a little more stupid for having read what you wrote

mickeylane

Bench
Cleary w the Tigers
Mcgregor w Dragons
Kearney w Warriors
Just log out, forget your password and find another hobby.. or just be happy to read what others say mate.

I don't normally post, but I actually feel a little more stupid for having read what you wrote
mate I can sit here and shit down your throat - like I just did now - and you can't do or say anything - so back in your rabbit hole you derelict! Who the f**k are you any how ? I've never seen you post before ! f**k me you found a voice and picked the wrong guy to go at..

xofstgeorge

Juniors
Mickey - im not here for another round of shit talk. If i want that, I'll call my ex wife and deal with the expert.

All I was alluding to, is that sometimes in life it is the wiser move to say nothing at all - rather than blurting out the first thing that comes to mind.

mickeylane

Bench
Mickey - im not here for another round of shit talk. If i want that, I'll call my ex wife and deal with the expert.

All I was alluding to, is that sometimes in life it is the wiser move to say nothing at all - rather than blurting out the first thing that comes to mind.
Mate my statement is 1000% fact.. You can't argue w stats..

ouryears

Bench
mate I can sit here and shit down your throat - like I just did now - and you can't do or say anything - so back in your rabbit hole you derelict! Who the f**k are you any how ? I've never seen you post before ! f**k me you found a voice and picked the wrong guy to go at..
Mickey, he is most likely a donkey troll, just spit him out.

Gareth67

First Grade

With respect , you must have one hell of an ex .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'll argue with stats.

You can only get to 100% when describing the purity of something or the truth of a statement.

In the instance where a percentage has crept over 100% it shows growth or inflation..

So for the 'truth' of statement to be inflated by 10 times it's original validity would lend the reader to view it as a complete fabrication..

Or bullshit, as the rest of us call it..

Old Timer

Coach
There are 25 rounds of which 1 is a draw so each team will play 24 games.
It is possible that all teams could win 12 games and lose 12 games.
That being the case 26 points could see you make the 8 and F & A will decide the position of the teams. Until 1 team has won 13 games this remains a possibility.
In fact if you wanted to do more analysis the top 6 teams could streak away and beat all teams below them so that means those chasing 8th spot would lose a minimum of 6 games to the teams above them leaving 18 games to play of which they could win / lose 50% meaning that 9 wins plus a draw i.e. 20 points could secure 8th spot and again F & A play apart if the final positioning. I do not this scenario is somewhat subject to how many teams above you that you play twice.
So your assertion that the Eels are officially out of the semis is only your belief and there is no material evidence at this point in time that can prove it to be correct.
PS mickeylane if you don't think teams that are winners early on in the season can go on long losing streaks I suggest you have a look at our last 2 seasons results.

mickeylane

Bench
There are 25 rounds of which 1 is a draw so each team will play 24 games.
It is possible that all teams could win 12 games and lose 12 games.
That being the case 26 points could see you make the 8 and F & A will decide the position of the teams. Until 1 team has won 13 games this remains a possibility.
In fact if you wanted to do more analysis the top 6 teams could streak away and beat all teams below them so that means those chasing 8th spot would lose a minimum of 6 games to the teams above them leaving 18 games to play of which they could win / lose 50% meaning that 9 wins plus a draw i.e. 20 points could secure 8th spot and again F & A play apart if the final positioning. I do not this scenario is somewhat subject to how many teams above you that you play twice.
So your assertion that the Eels are officially out of the semis is only your belief and there is no material evidence at this point in time that can prove it to be correct.
PS mickeylane if you don't think teams that are winners early on in the season can go on long losing streaks I suggest you have a look at our last 2 seasons results.
Everything is a possibility - but so is life on Venus! There has never been a team that has lost first 6 games and gone on to make the semis - in fact 19 of the 25 that have started this way have won the Wooden Spoon !!

In saying this lets reconvene next Sunday when these heartless wimps the EELS get done again and tey are 0-7! The only reason I started this post is that Im pretty certain these morons (the eels) can help our plight of getting to the top 4 by beating some of the teams that are chasing us .. This is why getting 6 or so straight wins allows us some breathing space as it's going to be very hard for a lot if teams to get on a 4-5 winning streak - we have already put a 6 point gap on Roosters, Broncos, Storm and 8 points on Cowboys. Don't tell me you don't feel comfortable w that .. Just pray for no major injuries ...

Gareth67

First Grade

mickeylane , mate it's quite obvious that Ray Hadley has been scanning this very forum and in particular your posts concerning the Eels descending into the underworld of rugby league - the hell where the dreaded Wooden Spoon lurks .

However putting your 6th sense aside and discussing Parramatta , Hadley it appears has not only taken the next logical scenario in this saga , but has made the mistake of taking 1 + 1 and coming up with 3 . The players are to blame for where they currently sit on the ladder , not the coach . We all know that Brad Arthur is a excellent coach and should the blue and gold not make the semis ( which now does indeed seem most likely) then they intend make Arthur the scapegoat .

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think that Parra should stand by Arthur and either drop or sack Norman and any other players who are at odds with the coach. The coach should be the boss, not the players. If they let the players dictate to the club, then that sends a bad message to the rest of the players and other clubs too. I actually think that Arthur is a good coach. If Parra stick by Arthur and give him the power to do as he sees fit, I think that will be a better long term scenario for them. Then the rest of the players will know that Arthur is boss and what he says goes.

That is what I would do if I was Parra's CEO. I bet you that Melbourne would do as I have suggested if the same thing was happening there.

Latest posts