What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUFTY V DUGAN

Drag Queen

Bench
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion on Dufty so I am not going to challenge that(like many though I do disagree with it). Out of curiosity what does Dufty have to do to gain your support? I'm generally interested because you seem overwhelmingly in the minority when it comes to how he is going and his contribution to the team.
Disagree all you want mate. No support for previous players. They're actually doing well. Marshall tick, Dugan tick, Packer (until injured) tick, As for Dufty? I think I outlined my problems with him earlier. I reserve judgement when we play the big guys. Fair?

Life's Good

Coach
Sorry but it's all I have. Defense isn't there. I actually see him as a winger much like Bevan French. Ironically it was that first try that irked me. Our front row are powerful atm and he didn't look for them. Correct me If I'm wrong on this.

The only thing I can draw from your reply is defence. If that is the case then look at the stat on missed tackles for fullbacks and you will see Dufty is one of the best performers across the competition so far this year - misses less than 1 tackle per game(link below from Fox Sports lab). Beyond that it's clear you simply don't like him and will never support him. That's a shame as you are in the minority and won't get the enjoyment that plenty of others will.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...By=missedTackles&position=fullback&isAvg=true

Life's Good

Coach
Disagree all you want mate. No support for previous players. They're actually doing well. Marshall tick, Dugan tick, Packer (until injured) tick, As for Dufty? I think I outlined my problems with him earlier. I reserve judgement when we play the big guys. Fair?
Where did I question your support of other players?

Drag Queen

Bench
DQ
Give it a rest.
He is playing better than expected and is far from selfish and is no show pony.
I agree duges is a good player and great defensive player.
Dufty is a great attacking player and is improving his defence.
He is a hard worker and a good kid.
I don't know what he's done to you but get of his back and just enjoy the way the team is playing.
With all due respect f**k you. Too close to the action to have open eyes.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I will also add that with Dufty's confidence growing, he is now starting to think and feel that he belongs in first grade.

Dufty ran across field and then ran around Hodkinson, making Hodkinson look silly. He probably is the slowest halfback in the comp and was exposed by Dufty's lightening speed.

blacksafake

First Grade
It was a selfish try and it worked. Good for him that it worked out. I didn't see him looking around once for an offload.
Are you kidding.He got the ball flat footed with not much on & backed himself to go through the small gap.As for looking for an offload there was nobody in a position to give it to because they were all left behind.
I don't know how old you are but would you also call former speedsters like slippery,corowa,ohffia?hanley, blake,renouf,blacklock,ettinghausen etc selfish because they had the confidence to back their speed against retreating defences.

Drag Queen

Bench
Are you kidding.He got the ball flat footed with not much on & backed himself to go through the small gap.As for looking for an offload there was nobody in a position to give it to because they were all left behind.
I don't know how old you are but would you also call former speedsters like slippery,corowa,ohffia?hanley, blake,renouf,blacklock,ettinghausen etc selfish because they had the confidence to back their speed against retreating defences.
That early in the game? Lucky their defense was crap and that's before they all got injured. Whatever blows your hair back.

Walpole

Juniors
This has certainly deteriorated into a strange thread. There'll always be a fair argument as to who's better value for a team, a nippy, exciting fullback who can sniff out a try from anywhere or a hard running, top class defender who can save a try, but most footy fans would still support whichever one they had in their team.

Drag Queen

Bench
This has certainly deteriorated into a strange thread. There'll always be a fair argument as to who's better value for a team, a nippy, exciting fullback who can sniff out a try from anywhere or a hard running, top class defender who can save a try, but most footy fans would still support whichever one they had in their team.
Sorry for that. I'll bite lengths off my tongue in future.

Old Timer

Coach
Different players with different skill sets.
Mc Fookknuckle couldn't work what position to play Dugan in let alone develop a game plan around him and no doubt not having a halves combination impeded that.
Dufty has the advantage of a super halves pairing and he is prospering from that and now attack is our best friend whereas before our impotent attacks best friend was our defence.
Loved Dugan's whole hearted goal line defence and love Dufty running through a hole so pro's & con's for both and some times it is the roster around you that dictates the style of play you get drawn into.
Re passing or hogging the ball the great Reg Gasnier had scored a couple of tries 1 afternoon at Kogarah and after getting into a hole he found big Elton Rasmussen (no slouch for speed) along side him & Puff passed the ball to him and big Elton sped away and scored under the posts.
That try secured Elton a well deserved Kangaroo tour spot and for his generosity Puff was told that if he ever passed the ball in that situation again he would find himself in reserve grade.
Pro's and con's for most things in life.

Latest posts