What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

betcats

Referee
After reading the story about Maloney and changing the structure a bit after Nath got hurt I'd be reluctant to change it too much. Peach has some derpy moments playing 6 but Jimmy seems very happy with the role he has been playing. Just tell him not to kick the ball, Maloney specifically mentioned he doesn't want to be talking and directing everyone all game so id say that's why they haven't played Luai yet.

tripster

Juniors
If they dont trust Luai then he shouldn't be at the club

Maybe he won't be next year. However, he is on a contract for this season.

I trust Griffin when it comes to blooding juniors into first grade. That is one thing he handles superbly. If Griffin doesn't think Luai is ready then I am not going to question that.

Maybe he won't be next year. However, he is on a contract for this season.

I trust Griffin when it comes to blooding juniors into first grade. That is one thing he handles superbly. If Griffin doesn't think Luai is ready then I am not going to question that.
Its poor squad management seeing he's the only real backup half we have. May can do a job but he's more a old school 13 or a perfect 14

franklin2323

Immortal
Someone new in the 6 please. Why is Luai in our top 30 if he's never going to play? its bizarre.
Play Peach from the bench and if the kid is awful just put him on

Luai is very ordinary. I guess they hoped he would come along more but they won't change a winning team unless they have too

I’m comfortable sticking with a winning formula, but Luai is “very ordinary”?!

Everything I’ve read says he’s been playing well this season, plenty of try assists & 4 tries in the 5 games he’s played.

superpanther

Juniors
our record against the gummies:

played 88 won 38 drawn 3 lost 47 44.88% winning percentage

Pretty poor!!!!!

at their home ground

played 46 won 15 drawn 3 lost 28 winning percentage 35.86%

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
If they dont trust Luai then he shouldn't be at the club

This is a silly statement imo, if they didn't trust him they wouldn't be picking him on the extended bench or even have given him a contract after NYC. He has yet to debut and we have been pretty much perfect at debuting young players for years now ill back the coaches and the club on this one.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Sharks will have 4 of their best forwards out, but we cannot turn up expecting to just win...

We also have 4 of our star players out, hopefully we roll over the top of them, and also get to see who were not in the Moylan gang and see what punishment he receives...

This is a silly statement imo, if they didn't trust him they wouldn't be picking him on the extended bench or even have given him a contract after NYC. He has yet to debut and we have been pretty much perfect at debuting young players for years now ill back the coaches and the club on this one.
No one could be worse than Peach though. The guy simply doesn't have the skill set

betcats

Referee
No one could be worse than Peach though. The guy simply doesn't have the skill set

Yeah I get that but if he allows Jimmy to play the way he has been playing it might be the best thing at the moment. Put Luai out there and Maloney might not have the same freedom etc to play how he wants to play.

Yeah I get that but if he allows Jimmy to play the way he has been playing it might be the best thing at the moment. Put Luai out there and Maloney might not have the same freedom etc to play how he wants to play.
Jimmy is a loud mouth smartarse merkin. I'm sure he'd have no issue putting a rookie half in place