What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

betcats

Referee
For the record UP even after sundays game I would of agreed with you re Peach until I read that article, after reading I really doubt Peach would be in the halves if Maloney didn't want him there and keeping jimmy happy and in form is a big key to our season.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m comfortable sticking with a winning formula, but Luai is “very ordinary”?!

Everything I’ve read says he’s been playing well this season, plenty of try assists & 4 tries in the 5 games he’s played.

Watch the NSW Cup replay through the week you will see

For the record UP even after sundays game I would of agreed with you re Peach until I read that article, after reading I really doubt Peach would be in the halves if Maloney didn't want him there and keeping jimmy happy and in form is a big key to our season.

Which kind of brings us back to how Cleary & Maloney work when Cleary is back from injury.

That’s going to be really interesting to see how they gel

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Which kind of brings us back to how Cleary & Maloney work when Cleary is back from injury.

That’s going to be really interesting to see how it works.

Yeah this will be interesting. I think by that stage Maloney will be firmly in control of the side for half a season so it should be ok.

mxlegend99

Referee
Anyone reckon Cleary is more likely to stay after the opening 6 rounds?

Brooks has proved himself this season as being a decent 7 and deserves to be ahead of Cleary as far as their future goes.

Brooks has proved himself this season as being a decent 7 and deserves to be ahead of Cleary as far as their future goes.
Tigers aren't the threat. Its Brisbane and Easts imo

Tronald Crump

Juniors

The better Brooks goes for the Tigers will be better for us. Both Cleary's have said any plans of them being at the same club will depend on a lot of things and one of things is timing.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

That’s going to be really interesting to see how they gel

Hopefully well. Unlike the Cowboys halves atm. Morgan took his game to another level last year and now they can't get back to the status quo they had before with JT.
They are not balancing the play making duties well. That said their forward pack isn't doing them any favours.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah this will be interesting. I think by that stage Maloney will be firmly in control of the side for half a season so it should be ok.

He wouldn't need to teach Cleary through the games either. Seems to want everyone to learn their part so it works. Cleary is great at following a game plan it is the off the cuff he fails with. Maloney should have an understanding with Edwards that they can handle that side of it

OldPanther

Coach
I'm pretty comfortable about this game.

I don't see why Luai can't do what Peachey does but with a better passing and kicking game.

franklin2323

Immortal

I don't see why Luai can't do what Peachey does but with a better passing and kicking game.

No one says Luai can't do it. Luai isn't exactly playing well. Anyone that watched the NSW Cup game on ch9 3 weeks ago or this week? Thoughts on his game?

We scored 33 and 35 in 2 of the 3 games. While that is the case there is no need to move Peachey

betcats

Referee

Because he is a rookie, Peach has played 100 games. This isn't about what Peach is doing with the ball in his hands, its about how the team plays and gets around the park and keeping Maloney free as much as possible.

There is every chance Luai could do it but its would likely require someone helping and talking to him throughout the game which would be Maloney and Wallace.

Because he is a rookie, Peach has played 100 games. This isn't about what Peach is doing with the ball in his hands, its about how the team plays and gets around the park and keeping Maloney free as much as possible.
Id argue that Peach actually makes Jimmy do more though but if its what he wants and we are getting results then whatever

OldPanther

Coach
No one says Luai can't do it. Luai isn't exactly playing well. Anyone that watched the NSW Cup game on ch9 3 weeks ago or this week? Thoughts on his game?

We scored 33 and 35 in 2 of the 3 games. While that is the case there is no need to move Peachey

I didn't see the games.

There is every chance Luai could do it but its would likely require someone helping and talking to him throughout the game which would be Maloney and Wallace.

I don't have a problem with Peachey as long as he doesn't get too creative I just figure everyone on here and elsewhere I've spoken to rates Luai which is why I figured he'd get a go but instead we have top 30 dead weight.

betcats

Referee
When sauce went off last week peach shifted to centre and Katoa went on at 6. That’s what I like aboutKatoa, Egan is the better hooking prospect but for that bench spot Sione covers a lot of spots. Halves, lock, edge back row he could slot in all those spots in a pinch.