What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are the Real Deal

magpie_man

Juniors
I'm now ready to say it.
We absolutely dismantled Manly yesterday; the first half was close to the most perfect half of football I've seen in the 18-and-a-bit years of the Wests Tigers.
Tommy Turbo (who is an absolute gun) was completely shutdown. Ditto his brother. Ditto Taupau. Ditto DCE.
Their two tries in the second half came from, admittedly, one pretty soft missed tackle and the other from a pretty brilliant passage of play culminating in a grubber being put through to the corner on the run. Difficult to defend against that.
This is without two of our key International players: Elijah Taylor and Russell Packer.
Brooks is in a purple patch. His kicking game is exquisite, he's hitting and sticking in his tackles.
I can go on waxing lyrical but I'm now convinced that we'll be playing finals football come September.
Admittedly there's a long way to go and we haven't played any of the top 3 teams yet but Cleary has the boys well-drilled, playing for each other and up for every single game so far.

Tiger05

First Grade
Great points.

I think a couple of things stand out to me:-

1. Our pack is solid. Twal, Eisenhuth, Aloiai & Chee-Kam are all good players and we don't lose much when Matulino, Packer and ET aren't on the field.
2. Brooks and Benji are playing great footy.
3. Coaching - our defensive and even now our attacking structures just look good.

Great points.

1. Our pack is solid. Twal, Eisenhuth, Aloiai & Chee-Kam are all good players and we don't lose much when Matulino, Packer and ET aren't on the field.
3. Coaching - our defensive and even now our attacking structures just look good.

Plus we look fitter this season.

b.bear

Juniors
Great points.

Does ET walk straight back into the starting lineup?
The team seems to have a good balance ATM ,
Im thinking too many chiefs

Tiger05

First Grade
That leaderboard is f**ken gold.

I can't get over how good we are going. Brooksy leading the Dally M's and rightfully so with Benji only 3 points behind him and in the top 10 performers of the year so far.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'm still a touch concerned about our edge defence. As bad as Parramatta are, they did carve us up down that left edge and I felt Manly had some success down there late in the game yesterday. Otherwise, I'm pleased with where we are at right now.

Clifferd

Coach
I'm still a touch concerned about our edge defence. As bad as Parramatta are, they did carve us up down that left edge and I felt Manly had some success down there late in the game yesterday. Otherwise, I'm pleased with where we are at right now.

I think most of it was complacency/a little bit of fatigue playing our power game.

Our in your face style defense really takes a lot out of the boys but we’ve proven against Melbourne twice, roosters and to an extent Brisbane we can go all the way against top attacking teams if needed

I think most of it was complacency/a little bit of fatigue playing our power game.

Our in your face style defense really takes a lot out of the boys but we’ve proven against Melbourne twice, roosters and to an extent Brisbane we can go all the way against top attacking teams if needed

I think they took their foot off the pedal a bit. Not necessarily complacency but they had the points and preferred to lock down and protect the lead.

Latest posts