What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUFTY V DUGAN

SBD82

Coach
Different players with different skill sets.
Mc Fookknuckle couldn't work what position to play Dugan in let alone develop a game plan around him and no doubt not having a halves combination impeded that.
Dufty has the advantage of a super halves pairing and he is prospering from that and now attack is our best friend whereas before our impotent attacks best friend was our defence.
Loved Dugan's whole hearted goal line defence and love Dufty running through a hole so pro's & con's for both and some times it is the roster around you that dictates the style of play you get drawn into.
Re passing or hogging the ball the great Reg Gasnier had scored a couple of tries 1 afternoon at Kogarah and after getting into a hole he found big Elton Rasmussen (no slouch for speed) along side him & Puff passed the ball to him and big Elton sped away and scored under the posts.
That try secured Elton a well deserved Kangaroo tour spot and for his generosity Puff was told that if he ever passed the ball in that situation again he would find himself in reserve grade.
Pro's and con's for most things in life.
Trying to read between the lines here.

Is this your roundabout OT style admission that you may have been wrong and that moving Dugan on may have been for the best?

Old Timer

Coach
Trying to read between the lines here.

Is this your roundabout OT style admission that you may have been wrong and that moving Dugan on may have been for the best?
No not at all.
Many times I have said that IMO we never saw the best of Dugan due to the coach and the issues we had in the halves.
Dugan could have been truly sensational playing for our club in attack and defence but circumstances prevented that from happening.
So now that he has gone I am finding a different style of enjoyment in watching you Dufty but in saying so I have no grievance with Dugan.

SBD82

Coach
No not at all.
Many times I have said that IMO we never saw the best of Dugan due to the coach and the issues we had in the halves.
Dugan could have been truly sensational playing for our club in attack and defence but circumstances prevented that from happening.
So now that he has gone I am finding a different style of enjoyment in watching you Dufty but in saying so I have no grievance with Dugan.
That's very diplomatic of you OT.

Think you may have stumbled into the wrong thread.

Drag Queen

Bench
And f**k you to.
I didn't tell you to f off dont tell me.
You don't like to be told when your wrong do you.
I don't usually pull someone up on their spelling and grammar but yours is appalling. You told me your opinion of Dufty and I told you mine. Difference of opinion is fine but don't drag me down me down that path.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
I don't usually pull someone up on their spelling and grammar but your's is appalling. You told me your opinion of Dufty and I told you mine. Difference of opinion is fine but don't drag me down me down that path.
When you find yourself fighting with all of those around you, it's probably a good idea to stop, take a good long look at the situation, and consider the possibility that you are, in fact, a merkin.

Belta

Juniors
Stupid thread really. Dugan has moved on, he’s playing with the sharks. Not interested in his performances but am delighted to see Dufty playing with confidence.

PS: Missed the game, couldn’t get the replay, luckily I got the forum posts. Thanks guys and gals for that. What I could get was the replays showing Duftys tries. Watched them a dozen times, each time I just went Wow. I got super pumped on seeing those tries...early days for Dufty I know but let’s give credit where it’s due. And on this night it was definitely due

ALSGI

Bench
Stupid thread really. Dugan has moved on, he’s playing with the sharks. Not interested in his performances but am delighted to see Dufty playing with confidence.

PS: Missed the game, couldn’t get the replay, luckily I got the forum posts. Thanks guys and gals for that. What I could get was the replays showing Duftys tries. Watched them a dozen times, each time I just went Wow. I got super pumped on seeing those tries...early days for Dufty I know but let’s give credit where it’s due. And on this night it was definitely due
Spot on mate - WOW is all I could come with and I’ve watched them about a dozen times.
Can’t decide which one was better.
It’s been a while since we could watch a couple of our trys in the same game and go Wow.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I don't usually pull someone up on their spelling and grammar but your's is appalling. You told me your opinion of Dufty and I told you mine. Difference of opinion is fine but don't drag me down me down that path.

If you’re going to correct someone on their spelling and grammar, get your own right.

“your’s” - just doesn’t work there. Same way Dugan didn’t work at the Dragons for the time we had. Duges was a ‘safe’ player who could help you not lose a game. Dufty has an X factor that can win you a game from nothing. To me that’s the biggest difference.

You add nothing to this forum! No humour no insight nothing,you are combative,insulting and condescending and you should really f**k off!! Oh and roll over wake up objective spew and take him with you you two are a match made in hell!

Latest posts