What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side v Pennies

Big Bloke

Juniors
Hamstrings feel fine until they don’t.
I tore mine low grade in a touch semi. We won, had the week off and then the GF. Felt fine no issues, stiffness, could jog and pass. First run, bamm. Gone again in the first minute

Not worth it
Yes agreed. I'm not saying he should play. Just thought it was interesting that he was part of the session.
Anyway, I'm sure Flanno knows what he is doing....................maybe.

Ads

First Grade
Hamstrings feel fine until they don’t.
I tore mine low grade in a touch semi. We won, had the week off and then the GF. Felt fine no issues, stiffness, could jog and pass. First run, bamm. Gone again in the first minute

Not worth it
I live in fear of tearing mine daily. Have torn both multiple times. You never train as hard as you play. I always found myself protecting it without realising. Get into a game and you forget about it and then its gone with the most innocuous movement. Annoying injury.

I have only ripped my hammys bangin the girl in cars or on flights. Seems I cant go from passive to contortionist in a hurry.
Now I suffer from bad hammy cramps.
Very annoying.

shaggs

Coach
Never even had a sore hammy
Can’t touch my toes to save my life.
I can put my hands flat on the ground no problem.
Left hammy goes bamm every sprint . It’s farked
Want to tear the right side just to even the bigger up

carcharias

Immortal
I can put my hands flat on the ground no problem.
Left hammy goes bamm every sprint . It’s farked
Want to tear the right side just to even the bigger up
I have no flexibility at all.
I can’t even sit on the ground cross legged.
I f**king hate picnics

Frenzy.

Immortal
You can bring in players from outside the 21 if those in it are injured.
So if Lewis, Wade, Fifita drop out, and lets say a couple more pick up 'injuries' at training, we can pull in another player.
I wouldnt be surprised to see Boogs back.

Hmm I don’t know. The way I understand it they have to get injured after the naming of the team. Can’t have existing injuries

But I wouldn’t swear to that. Just remember reading when Hokko was brought in late

Another odd thing about this side. In light of Flanno’s comments on 360 about the best team being a few weeks away he could of had the same backline last week.

Didn’t he think Ramien was up to it last week?

It’s weird.

A few weeks away it could be goodnight Irene by that time

Flanno cannt play Graham if any risk with his hammy, it will put more pressue on the team then if his hammy goes again

fizman

Bench
I just don’t understand the level of criticism leveled at Chad on this forum. He kept the ball moving out to the backline right through the Dragons game and ran up and in ,risking the flat pass . And why wouldn’t he with the likes of Holmes, Dugan, Lutes and a rejuvenated Lee. Don’t tell me he hasent been told by Flanno to play this way.Result two tries to Lee ( one disallowed) and plenty of close calls for the Dragons. His tackling was solid and consistent even after copping a Simms elbow . Pretty good for a smaller man against a big pack. Great touch finder on the 7 th min to put us down field for Lee to score (disallowed). Pinpoint corner kicks to give our guys a chance in the air. Goal kicks , well he did have a few from the side line.......I think he is playing well , remember it’s a team sport and now we have new guys covering our injured players. I’m more concerned with Moz who seems to be trying way to hard and going backwards!

There are two main criticisms from me -

1. There is no straight running and taking on the line in attack. He is not playing with his "eyes up" and looking what's in front.

2. His short kicking game particularly inside the attacking 20m zone needs improvement. Too many times he has kicked into traffic and we lose the ball and momentum.

The halves need to have a strong running - kicking - passing game which puts the defence in doubt. That's not happening at the moment.

MilkShark

First Grade
There are two main criticisms from me -

1. There is no straight running and taking on the line in attack. He is not playing with his "eyes up" and looking what's in front.

2. His short kicking game particularly inside the attacking 20m zone needs improvement. Too many times he has kicked into traffic and we lose the ball and momentum.

The halves need to have a strong running - kicking - passing game which puts the defence in doubt. That's not happening at the moment.
And he throws about a million inside balls every game.

Quigs

Immortal
A few weeks away it could be goodnight Irene by that time

I remember clapping along to the Weavers singing about Irene. Arhhhh the Weavers, they featured a young spindly Pete Seeger. Those were the days when music was music.

Stop your ramblin' - stop your gamblin.

Frenzy.

Immortal
And he throws about a million inside balls every game.

I goutta think that’s the game plan. If not why would he have survived this long?

If there’s a different game plan and a player keeps doing something contrary to that plan over and over he doesn’t last.

Even Pissflap isn’t that silly is he?

Ct needs to take the line on, take on the big tiring forwards this week have a run at Campbell Gillard, Kikau they will tire, test them out with your speed and step, have them 2nd guessing