What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
For all the talk of our "soft" pack this week... our forwards stood up and our attack was insipid.

Have to sober to to give points but we were better in the middle 3rd.

Disappointing

For all the talk of our "soft" pack this week... our forwards stood up and our attack was insipid.

Have to sober to to give points but we were better in the middle 3rd.

Disappointing

We had no trouble working the ball out of our half and made loads of yards up the middle. Our hands were rubbish though

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Jake we need to talk.... I’ll have to come back for the points and my thought on Jake after watching him closely...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
3. Napa - went Dragon hunting early
2. Mitchell - good defence
1. Nene's fingernails- the difference

ouryears

Bench
3. Napa - went Dragon hunting early
2. Mitchell - good defence
1. Nene's fingernails- the difference
It was 24-8
Not 14-8
Nenes try made no difference.

The difference could have been a $10 million roster VS $6 million roster.....but one side has heart and the losing side has none.

Valheru

Coach
It was 24-8
Not 14-8
Nenes try made no difference.

The difference could have been a $10 million roster VS $6 million roster.....but one side has heart and the losing side has none.

Why does every single wrong decision in favour of the dragons make "no difference"?

Of course it made a difference. That's not to say the result changes but it eliminated any chance of the result changing

Valheru

Coach
After looking at the stats i have to go

3 teddy
2 cordner
1 SST

Fergo made a mountain of yards but couldn't give him.a point due to first dragons try.

On a side note, we have scored 28 points in 3 weeks and 24 of them have been scored by Latrell.

That is disgraceful

ouryears

Bench
Why does every single wrong decision in favour of the dragons make "no difference"?

Of course it made a difference. That's not to say the result changes but it eliminated any chance of the result changing
I guess perhaps maybe....
But then....he got over the line, maybe it was a bit loose, but the roosters should have prevented him even getting that far if they were really ever going to win it.

I can't sympathise, it happens to us ....and the occasional one in our favour I need to accept out of pure selfishness!

Valheru

Coach
I guess perhaps maybe....
But then....he got over the line, maybe it was a bit loose, but the roosters should have prevented him even getting that far if they were really ever going to win it.

I can't sympathise, it happens to us ....and the occasional one in our favour I need to accept out of pure selfishness!

Agreed.

I don't think it changed the result and we have bigger issues than a dodgy try call. It is just mind boggling that they can consistently get these calls so wrong.

ouryears

Bench
Agreed.

I don't think it changed the result and we have bigger issues than a dodgy try call. It is just mind boggling that they can consistently get these calls so wrong.
It is pathetic how often they get the calls wrong when even 99% of fans get the call right.

The Slater one was embarrassing.

Got to think conspiracy theories, because surely the bunker can't be that dumb to make child like errors

H.H

Juniors
3 - Teddy
2 - SST
1 - ....Napa I guess

Hate to say it but geez the Dragons impressed me. I think we had a real dig, but they have such a tough and committed side there. Looked to me like they'd happily defend their line all night if they had to.

A quality we had in 2013 but haven't found since. Not giving up yet, really would love to see the attack come together. I think it's there but we just need to find it.

Still concerned re. Friend and I have to say Cordner looks to have lost a lot of his usual punch with the ball. Benefit of doubt of course, but not seeing his usual impact in that area,

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
3. SST
2. Teddy
1. Cords

On Friend. Watched him very closely this game and he is really costing us with his poor service, delayed passes and poor decision making. On Numerous occasions he takes a few steps out of dummy half across the field instead of north south to engage the markers. all this does is pull the defense across allowing the markers to slide to where the pass is eventually going and cost us more time. He's fake one way and go the other is also one of his issues that stunts the attack, throws out our timing and has him throwing too many borderline forward passes.

Even just silly like things like running Ben Hunt off his kicks by just sprinting blindly at him and not actually attempting to make a tackle. This happened twice first one they scored the opening try off and the second one led to a missed penalty goal after they got us backpedaling. yes pressure the kicker but do it effectively and make sure he kicks it.. Friend practically made Hunts mind up for him which cost us on both occasions.

He had two kicks in the game both of which did get results but i don't think that was by design. one he kicked straight in to the dragons player who knocked it on and the other was going dead for all money until it took a 90 degree bounce to the right and sat up in goal. Bottom line is he shouldn't be kicking the ball at all.

He is by no means our only issue but i feel as though a lot of our timing and lack of crispness in attack starts with him. What are our options? do you drop the captain? are our other options going to be better?

Latest posts