What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Of course they don't, the dickheads.

Despite the fact over the last few years it's been brilliant being able to watch test cricket of an evening when you get home from work - that's the point of it.

I f**king hate the BCCI and the Indian team in general so much. My interest in test cricket actively falls on years when they tour, because we just know they'll chuck a series of tantrums and the pitches will be made of f**king concrete because Star Sports wants to be able to show Kohli bat-a-thons.

Uhmmm, really?

Anyway, even as a neutral I am disapointed that there is no day night test in Adelaide. I like the dynamic of the day night test and the nuances it brings. Plus it is nice to see a pitch with a decent ammount of grass and the increased chance of watching some prononounced and prolonged swing in Australia if there is a newish ball in the evening.

BCCI and Indian cricket are typically a fairly conservative bunch. They were very slow to embrace DRS, but they finally have. While this may be seen as a negative stance protecting their batsmen, it overlooks the fact it would give their swing bowlers far more chance than the concrete pitches will, they did manage to jag a win in Safrica just recently on a juicy pitch with swing in the air as wickets on both sides tumbled. Further, NZ's best chance to beat Australia recently was with swing bowlers was at Adelaide. The same was expected for England in the Ashes.

CA has been quite the opposite of being conservative in cricket since Packer got involved over the past 4 decades, and brought into cricket all sorts of gimmicks and new rules, as well of course hosting the first day/night test, often seeking to pioneer changes and improve the game. A 30 metre circle in limited overs cricket just seems so natural. Thanks Australia.

I hope not too many more years go by without a day/night test at Adelaide.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
India will play the Windies in a day/night test prior to their tour here.

The adelaide test may still be pink ball depending on whether their majesties like it or not.

undertaker

Coach
I f**king hate the BCCI and the Indian team in general so much. My interest in test cricket actively falls on years when they tour, because we just know they'll chuck a series of tantrums and the pitches will be made of f**king concrete because Star Sports wants to be able to show Kohli bat-a-thons.

The pitches better not be flat tracks again like those in 2003/04 and 2014/15. Last series, Pitches at the MCG and SCG were dreadful, Adelaide didn't do anything until day 5 and only high humidity and swing at the Gabba ensured a result would occur. Cricket Australia are too scared to produce anything like they did at the WACA in 2012.

With 3 of the 4 pitches being drop-ins (Perth, Adelaide, MCG), it's looking very ominous though. Such a shame the poor test rating for last year's Boxing Day test occurred just days before the demerit points system came into effect, hence would've forced MCG groundstaff to produce something other than the abomination that occurred.

Timbo

Staff member
Cricket NSW announce 2018/19 contracts:

http://www.cricketnsw.com.au/news/new-south-wales-blues-2018-2019-squad/2018-05-03

One notable omission, Nic Maddinson - test team to no state contract in 18 months.

Quoted from the above article:

“We have made the tough decision to release Nic Maddinson. Nic is a mercurial talent who has played Test cricket but he lacked consistency for the Blues at Sheffield Shield level, averaging under 33 across the past eight seasons,” said Mr Moore.

“NSW is an ‘up or out’ system and we now need to give new players their opportunity. We wish Nic well in the future and hope he achieves his potential in the game.”

That's... pretty f**king brutal. Not unfair, but still brutal.

Bazal

Post Whore
f**k India.

Home boards should schedule the series as they see fit. If India don't want to play the day/night test, too f**king bad. Australia and South Africa probably didn't want to play on gravel pits that would offend part time high school first XI cricketers.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cricket NSW announce 2018/19 contracts:

http://www.cricketnsw.com.au/news/new-south-wales-blues-2018-2019-squad/2018-05-03

One notable omission, Nic Maddinson - test team to no state contract in 18 months.

Quoted from the above article:

“We have made the tough decision to release Nic Maddinson. Nic is a mercurial talent who has played Test cricket but he lacked consistency for the Blues at Sheffield Shield level, averaging under 33 across the past eight seasons,” said Mr Moore.

“NSW is an ‘up or out’ system and we now need to give new players their opportunity. We wish Nic well in the future and hope he achieves his potential in the game.”

That's... pretty f**king brutal. Not unfair, but still brutal.

Reads like Maddo has an offer to move to another state and NSW have told him to take it, to me...maybe it's just the word "release" though.

Plenty of whispers about his attitude as well.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
f**k India.

Home boards should schedule the series as they see fit. If India don't want to play the day/night test, too f**king bad. Australia and South Africa probably didn't want to play on gravel pits that would offend part time high school first XI cricketers.

Lol.

India gets away with refusing to tour Pakistan at all - even in UAE. So try a new negotiation strategy.

India's BCCI has deeper pockets that CA. You want them to play a day/night test and get their rupees against their wishes - it will probably cost you a bonus limited overs Australian tour of India for them to profit from.

CA gots to pay to play India at home - just like the rest of us if you want their rupees.

Their icc distribution is already more than 3 times that if Australia's. No "**** India" negotiation strategy will work by CA when the rest of the ICC combined failed.

CA don't hold the aces when dealing with the BCCI.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol.

India gets away with refusing to tour Pakistan at all - even in UAE. So try a new negotiation strategy.

Yes, because decades of being a bees dick away from war is the same as refusing to play a day night test.

Go away.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yes, because decades of being a bees dick away from war is the same as refusing to play a day night test.

Go away.

Well lets think about this.

Pakistan has nukes and an army larger than the entire population of Australia, and shares a border with India.

And they fail to have success with a "**** India" strategy, in politics, in sport.

And you think Australia is in a position to dictate terms to India?

Last time I checked Australia has no nukes and a total population less and a population of 1.2 billion less people.

You're deluded. Australia is in no position to say "**** India" at a negotiation table.

Australia is not America. You need their rupees.

India can buy Australia's entire FC cricket infrastructure including all its players.

CA will kiss the ring to get their rupees.

Bonus odi tour for a day/night test is my bet or no day/night test at all.

CA has no global cricketing power over India. Not even the EWCB has cricketing power over India.

BCCI made CA their lackies when your board agreed to the Big 3. Its over. CA lost to BCCI.

Now if you want a favour of a day/night test from BCCI - pay them like everyone else does. Cos you don't have enough money nor resolve to fight them.

When it comes to CA vs BCCI, CA is less significant than NZC vs CA. That's the reality.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Well lets think about this.

Pakistan has nukes and an army larger than the entire population of Australia, and shares a border with India.

And they fail to have success with a "**** India" strategy, in politics, in sport.

And you think Australia is in a position to dictate terms to India?

Last time I checked Australia has no nukes and a total population less and a population of 1.2 billion less people.

You're deluded. Australia is in no position to say "**** India" at a negotiation table.

Australia is not America. You need their rupees. Or your Board can end up like Pakistan's.

India can buy Australia's entire FC cricket infrastructure including all its players.

CA will kiss the ring to get their rupees.

Bonus odi tour for a day/night test is my bet or no day/night test at all.

CA has no global cricketing power over India. Not even the EWCB has cricketing power over India.

BCCI made CA their lackies when your board agreed to the Big 3. Its over. CA lost to BCCI.

Now if you want a favour of a day/night test from BCCI - pay them like everyone else does. Cos you don't have enough money nor resolve to fight them.

Well lets think about this...

No one cares.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Well lets think about this...

No one cares.

Except you do.

Because you're an Australian.

And some Indians are making Australians their lacky, not even Aboriginals at that.

And you're just not used to that.

Get used to it.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Except you do.

Because you're an Australian.

And some Indians is making Australians, not even Aboriginals, their lacky.

And you're just not used to that.

Get used to it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.

No one cares what you think.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.

No one cares what you think.

Learn to like it :)

CA will kiss the ring.

The Big 3 was never 3, it was 1, but it took Australians in charge of cricket too long before Tim May came along to figure it out.

Bit late to say "**** India" now. CA made their bed already.

But if you're real well behaved and ask nicely - NZC will give a bonus Chappel Hadlee series.

Put simply - CA is insignificant vs BCCI in terms of negotiation muscle and in no position to say "**** India". Your CA clowns gave them the keys to the ICC kingdom years ago - and as a NZC fan that Australia refused to play last century - I'm not shedding tears for Australia. You made your own beds when you supported inequality between ICC member nations. Well - you got it.

Whats the saying - be careful what you wish for?

The only way to tame India is through peer pressure. Not CA, not EWCB, not Pakistan can do it by themselves. And even then - BCCI forced their hand at last Champs Trophy through threat of non participation . So suck it up.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
India have officially refused a day/night test, citing unfamiliarity with conditions.

Good - I guess this means we can refuse to play on pitches that turn square from ball one?

Valheru

Coach
Well they will never be familiar with the conditions if they continue to refuse to play under said conditions.

I am not sure why they even have a say at all. I would have thought they don't have a say if an ODI is a day nighter or not?

Either night test cricket has been ratified as plausible and legitimate by the ICC or it hasn't and if it has then the home team should be able to schedule a 3AM start if they wanted to.

Timbo

Staff member
Well they will never be familiar with the conditions if they continue to refuse to play under said conditions.

I am not sure why they even have a say at all. I would have thought they don't have a say if an ODI is a day nighter or not?

Either night test cricket has been ratified as plausible and legitimate by the ICC or it hasn't and if it has then the home team should be able to schedule a 3AM start if they wanted to.

ICC: ‘All test series between full members require the use of the DRS’

BCCI: ‘Nuh’

ICC: ‘All test series between full members can use the DRS as long as India says so’

ANTiLAG

First Grade

Bilatteral tour negotiations for match scheduling has nothing to do with the ICC. The schedule is determined by agreement to terms between the tourist and host.

But I'd love for the ICC to have Bangladesh or Zimbabwe Boxing Day tests at Melbourne and New Year tests in Sydney myself.

Be nice to see Aus in SA or NZ at Christmas New Year too.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Just for the hell of it:
Teams that wear green caps in test cricket:
Australia
Bangladesh
Pakistan
South Africa
Zimbabwe

Blue caps:
England
India
Sri Lanka

NZ: black, WI: Maroon.

Both Ireland and Afghanistan wear blue caps when playing at the tier 2 level and I expect they will at test level although Ireland may go green as well.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Just for the hell of it:
Teams that wear green caps in test cricket:
Australia
Bangladesh
Pakistan
South Africa
Zimbabwe

Blue caps:
England
India
Sri Lanka

NZ: black, WI: Maroon.

Both Ireland and Afghanistan wear blue caps when playing at the tier 2 level and I expect they will at test level although Ireland may go green as well.

Of those green caps, which nations wear baggy ones? Serious question (I know we have history but I liked your previous post).