What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next 7 games...

franklin2323

Immortal
This is key for mine. We can’t let Cleary try to run the show when he comes back. He needs to be given a different assignment now which is to be an option on the last when Maloney thinks Cleary is better placed than Maloney to make the final play, and otherwise to play a 5/8 style role and use the opportunity to learn from Maloney.

I am worried that this won’t happen and our attack will become a complete muddle.

We will be no worse than with Peachey in 6. Cleary Atleast has a kicking game he has been watching games the break will help him

tripster

Juniors
We will be no worse than with Peachey in 6. Cleary Atleast has a kicking game he has been watching games the break will help him

We will be no worse only IF Maloney is given authority to keeping running the show. If Cleary is told to run the show with Maloney playing second fiddle we will be worse off.

franklin2323

Immortal
We will be no worse only IF Maloney is given authority to keeping running the show. If Cleary is told to run the show with Maloney playing second fiddle we will be worse off.

Maloney can't be everywhere. Teams will target him instead of Peachey it will be Cleary then taking over. Much better

tripster

Juniors
Maloney can't be everywhere. Teams will target him instead of Peachey it will be Cleary then taking over. Much better

We are probably at cross purposes here. In my original post I made precisely that point - Cleary is now another genuine option for us on the last, but Maloney should be the one directing the team. He needs to remain our dominant half.

Maloney just needs to be doing more than in the first 3 rounds. He was letting Cleary run the show too much.

We’ve benefited from seeing less of Cleary’s kicking, particularly the mid field bombs. Need the find the balance.

David brown

Juniors
Id be disappointed if we don't win 80% of our games from now till post season... This is the softest comp in a long time...

Kilkenny

Coach
Id be disappointed if we don't win 80% of our games from now till post season... This is the softest comp in a long time...

We will have to improve considerably to win 80% of our last 14 or so games.

7 wins - 3 losses is probably better than we could have hoped for particularly given our horrific run of injuries.

Having said we probably haven't put in a convincing 80 minute performance so far this season and at the end of the day we remain very poor in attack any where near our opponents goal line.

Despite our gutsy, gritty victories we have a long way to go.

We have some real challenges coming up in the next two months and we should have a better idea of whether we are the real deal or not.

FireFalcons1

Juniors
I think we should be winning at least 5 of 7 of those games.
The only real challenges i can see in that list is St George at home and Canberra away (SOO period).

I'm confident that the Maloney and Cleary combination will click after a couple of weeks and we will push really hard to be cemented into the top 4.

MrBlack

Juniors
The Dragons will be well represented at Origin time.

Will be a real test for them to see how they respond.

I think we should be winning at least 5 of 7 of those games.
The only real challenges i can see in that list is St George at home and Canberra away (SOO period).

I'm confident that the Maloney and Cleary combination will click after a couple of weeks and we will push really hard to be cemented into the top 4.

Tigers this weekend will be a test. We’re still down on plenty of troops, and only Cleary’s first game back.

Warriors as well without our origin players. So definitely no Maloney & RCG, maybe Cleary as well.

OldPanther

Coach
Tigers this weekend will be a test. We’re still down on plenty of troops, and only Cleary’s first game back.

Warriors as well without our origin players. So definitely no Maloney & RCG, maybe Cleary as well.

I think people (read media) are kidding themselves if they think Cleary doesn't get picked if he comes back at the same standard he was pre-injury.

betcats

Referee
Why's that? Cleared by doctor and passed the fitness test.

Just when asked during the coverage on Friday his answer was "at this stage, yes". I mean I think he probably will but a part of me thinks there's a chance he is another week off and we are just trying to be tricky.

The way he said it with a cheeky grin made me think there was something in it.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think people (read media) are kidding themselves if they think Cleary doesn't get picked if he comes back at the same standard he was pre-injury.

Fittler said if we are going well. He will pick him giving the combination with Maloney. I can't think of another viable half giving they like club combinations as much as possible. Keary, Green and Maloney all play on the left side too. Cleary is a right side which helps in defence too

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary if hes not completely useless in the next 2 games is the best choice by far. Hes the future and he has a club combination with Maloney. Even if only 5 or so games... that's more than anyone other than Chad Townsend has.

Its best both longterm and short term really.

Latest posts