What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Insert Overreactive Post Title Here)

We got beat by a side that came to play today. Our halfback got injured early and we couldn't get ourselves in it.

The wheels are not falling off, we are not on the downward spiral. Souths were just up for it and we weren't. Beaten by the better side on the day. Simple.
CORRECT!!!

Old Timer

Coach
We got beat by a side that came to play today. Our halfback got injured early and we couldn't get ourselves in it.

The wheels are not falling off, we are not on the downward spiral. Souths were just up for it and we weren't. Beaten by the better side on the day. Simple.
The issue is we never gave ourselves a chance and that is the most disappointing thing about the game and not the loss itself.
Perfect opportunity to change the game plan but our head was stuck firmly in the sand yet again.
Please explain why we persisted with what we were doing when it was obvious it wasn't going to cut the mustard today?

hermidale1

Juniors
The thing that stands out to me is that there doesn't seem to be a "Plan B".
Both times we were beaten, we seemed to panic with the ball, and we never were composed with the ball.
Souths rushed us and we didn't seem to have a reply to change things.
That's the difference between a great coach and the others.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
McGregor has got his cattle and has them well drilled but for some reason he becomes a rabbit in the headlights once things don't go to plan. Hunt couldn't bail him out today, he was hurt. But he did have Lomax on the bench until 75th minute (i.e. when it was too late) and I have no doubt that was his plan from the start and he wasn't going to change it. I am certainly not saying Lomax would have made a big difference (Nightingale was hardly our worst today) but now we will never bloody know because he wasnt given a chance. Not sure who wins out of that except of course the opposition.

kit66

Bench
The issue is we never gave ourselves a chance and that is the most disappointing thing about the game and not the loss itself.
Perfect opportunity to change the game plan but our head was stuck firmly in the sand yet again.
Please explain why we persisted with what we were doing when it was obvious it wasn't going to cut the mustard today?

1. Tired bodies from a relentless schedule for the last 4 - 5 weeks.
2. The expectation of Origin weighing heavily on those boys everyone keeps talking up - half the team that is.
3. Hunt playing with injury.
4. We didn't play as a team because our halves were dominated / off their game. You can't execute any game plan if your halves are neutralized.

We were off our game from the start. In our first set the first two hit ups were Lafai then Nightingale and I think McInness or another back after that - no way to show you came to play - and forwards struggling to get back on side that early.
We didn't execute hardly at all today ( any game plan ), the Bunnies kept up the pressure all game.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Both times we were beaten, we seemed to panic with the ball, and we never were composed with the ball.
Also the difference between a great team and the others. That’s why I don’t really rate Widdop too highly, great players will adjust to suit the game. Widdop will keep banging on the same door. Let’s hope they learn from this because everone will be doing the same game plan and if we don’t adjust we will go out the same as last year.

Dragsters

First Grade

...and our back up half Mann went off HIA and couldn't come back.

latemail

Juniors
Debelin
Was playing injured as well
But there was no fluency in there attack and that’s been the same the last few weeks although we were still winning
Score line flattered us last week
And this week

Crush

Coach
Why why why!!! We didn't win!!! Why why why!!!
I want answers!!!!
Someone must be held accountable!!!!
Why why why!!!!
Surely the coach must go....
And the board
This is outrageous

Why why why!!! We didn't win!!! Why why why!!!
I want answers!!!!
Someone must be held accountable!!!!
Why why why!!!!
Surely the coach must go....
And the board
This is outrageous
Not over reacting, still top of the table, still a great start.

However, due to being the top side, teams are going to up to play us, refs will give us no latitude due to us being favourites, if you can't match a teams enthusiasm at this stage of a season, what hope have you got come the big games at the end of the season.

The world is nit ending, but jeez they looked like they were not ready to play today and they looked very similar to the team we saw in the last half of last year.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

McGregor has demonstrably proven ad infinitum that a "Plan B" contingency is beyond his feeble thinking.

I don't understand the surprise.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

The next few weeks will prove (one way or the other) whether the side is in decline.

Next week against Canberra is crucial now.

I still feel that Saints' season has only begun in earnest (due to the draw), and will only get more difficult from this point onwards.

dragonfire

Bench
McGregor has got his cattle and has them well drilled but for some reason he becomes a rabbit in the headlights once things don't go to plan. Hunt couldn't bail him out today, he was hurt. But he did have Lomax on the bench until 75th minute (i.e. when it was too late) and I have no doubt that was his plan from the start and he wasn't going to change it. I am certainly not saying Lomax would have made a big difference (Nightingale was hardly our worst today) but now we will never bloody know because he wasnt given a chance. Not sure who wins out of that except of course the opposition.
Felt the same with Robson last week.

Latest posts