What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't subscribe to the theory Tyrone Peachy should be left out of our top 17 when others including May are fit and available.

Sadly, Tyrone Peachy is no longer with us next season but while ever he is a Panther, fit and available, there must always be a spot for him in our top 17.

Impossible to leave out a player such as Peachy who offers that little bit of x factor, unpredictability, something out of nothing that Peachy provides.

While some on here express the view he is a defensive liability defending in the centres I don't subscribe to that theory and at the end of the day what he brings to he side in offence is far more important.

If it were me selecting our best 17 when everyone fit and available I would have Blake and Peachy as our centre combination with Dean Whare the unlucky player to miss out.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't subscribe to the theory Tyrone Peachy should be left out of our top 17 when others including May are fit and available.

Sadly, Tyrone Peachy is no longer with us next season but while ever he is a Panther, fit and available, there must always be a spot for him in our top 17.

Impossible to leave out a player such as Peachy who offers that little bit of x factor, unpredictability, something out of nothing that Peachy provides.

While some on here express the view he is a defensive liability defending in the centres I don't subscribe to that theory and at the end of the day what he brings to he side in offence is far more important.

If it were me selecting our best 17 when everyone fit and available I would have Blake and Peachy as our centre combination with Dean Whare the unlucky player to miss out.

When Blake comes back and is match fit. Peach goes back to the bench.

OldPanther

Coach
The Peachy thing is very conflicting to me. He is great for us but leaving. Might as well use him but the team is full.

It say drop Tamou and put May on the bench.

14. Katoa
15. Prop
16. Peachey
17. May

Our middle play big minutes and everyone here is saying May is going to be a lock which is a middle anyway. He'll just have a little more mobility and fitness over a prop. Pretty sure Fish also play 80 in the middle as lock right now so can cover the extra prop as he's been doing anyway.

Edit: Thinking about it Tamou would be that bench prop most likely due to seniority but the general point remains the same. Wallace will have his minutes cut down over the year and next year Egan will be a mainstay prob on the bench to start with.

Last edited:
The Peachy thing is very conflicting to me. He is great for us but leaving. Might as well use him but the team is full.

14. Katoa
15. Prop
16. Peachey
17. May

Our middle play big minutes and everyone here is saying May is going to be a lock which is a middle anyway. He'll just have a little more mobility and fitness over a prop. Pretty sure Fish also play 80 in the middle as lock right now so can cover the extra prop as he's been doing anyway.

Edit: Thinking about it Tamou would be that bench prop most likely due to seniority but the general point remains the same. Wallace will have his minutes cut down over the year and next year Egan will be a mainstay prob on the bench to start with.

That bench is way too light.

Need at least 2 props.

OldPanther

Coach
That bench is way too light.

Need at least 2 props.

I don't think you do and it would only be until Peachey leaves. May would come on at lock which would cover the extra middle position just more mobile. Fish is playing 80 mins in the middle.

We can also use Peachey at centre/back row and shift players to the middle that way.

Our pack is perfectly suited to this.

franklin2323

Immortal

14. Katoa
15. Prop
16. Peachey
17. May

Need 2 props. CHN you'd think plays bench regardless when everyone is back

franklin2323

Immortal

Peachey is good for a miss or a lazy attempted tackle a game. The question is for me whether to potential to break a game open is worth the risk. We won't know until we get our top backline back and can see where we struggle

Copperhead

Juniors

Completely agree.

OldPanther

Coach
It'd look like this.

Starting pack:

Prop: RCG
Prop: Merrin
Lock: Fish

Interchange:

Prop: Fish
Prop: Tamou
Lock: May.

How is our team unique?

For a start no other team has 2 game breaking utilities and a hooker they can use to further speed the game up on a whim.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Only if you think May is not suitable for lock but you are the one who said he'll go there.

Starting pack:

Prop: RCG
Prop: Merrin
Lock: Fish

Interchange:

Prop: Fish
Prop: Tamou
Lock: May.

Before the season I wanted Fish prop with RCG off the bench. A few things has happened since to change the thinking.

Leota has been great off the bench. Game changes when he comes on.

Most of all too much stop start footy. Big guys aren't getting tired which takes any advantage away

OldPanther

Coach
Before the season I wanted Fish prop with RCG off the bench. A few things has happened since to change the thinking.

Leota has been great off the bench. Game changes when he comes on.

Most of all too much stop start footy. Big guys aren't getting tired which takes any advantage away

I agree about the stoppages. Makes it harder to play against a tired defence.

Mostlylooking for a way to have both May and Peachey.

Not a problem next year but we can't leave them both out. May needs time in first grade and Peachey is a game breaker.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree about the stoppages. Makes it harder to play against a tired defence.

Mostlylooking for a way to have both May and Peachey.

Not a problem next year but we can't leave them both out. May needs time in first grade and Peachey is a game breaker.

I rate May. Peachey is bad in defence but you need him in attack.

Hopefully we stop getting games stopped for players injured behind the play. Video Refs for stupid stuff etc if this happens before the finals. Then that way works. ATM the little guys would be steamrolled by bigger fresh guys

franklin2323

Immortal
May might just need to bide his time for a while. A spot will open up next year.

Each to their own but I'd still go Blake & Whare as my centres, Peach as the utility.

I agree with both. We are running 2nd so don't want to change for the sake of it. Until Blake is back I'd leave Yeo at centre